Cobra Starship
Night Shades

by FemaleSnape USER (1 Reviews)
September 3rd, 2011 | 12 replies | 5,988 views

Review Summary: Cobra Starships fourth album is certainly a change to what we are used to but is sure to keep the fans happy and some new listeners intrigued. All up, I quite enjoyed it and I'm sure Pop Punk/Electronica fans will too.

From just looking at the digital booklet (that was included in the deluxe edition, which was nice) you could tell that Cobra Starships fourth album has a different feel. It still has the explicit label but there are many song titles that are quite a change from the previous album, Hot Mess. Such titles were You Belong To Me, You Make Me Feel… and Anything For Love. Being a Cobra fan already, I have been looking forward to this album since about a week after Hot Mess was released, but I promise, I wont be bias :).

The first track was a very cute and a lot different to anything ive heard from them. It was a good indication of what was coming. Track 4 (Fool Like Me) was automatically my favorite (of the four that I had heard). It is not only amusing but also felt real. That fact that it was featuring the Placticines was an added bonus. Track 5 (Anything for love) was exactly what I expected. The lyrics were saying 'Anything for love, any-thing for love.' and 'All I need, all I need, all Indeed'. Its not my FAVOURITE song on the album, but it is pretty nice. I can see it being a radio hit. As soon as Don't Blame The Wold Its The DJs Fault started I could tell that it was going to be a favourite of mine. The beat worked perfectly with the lyrics, I just loved it.

The album continues on with 'Cobra Style' songs until it reaches the beginning of the remix section (for those with the deluxe edition). To tell the truth, I don't ever enjoy remixes, especially when the songs originally have a dancey feel so I probably could have survived with the regular edition, but I have no problem with putting a little more money in their pocket.

All in all, I enjoyed the album and it will definitely be blasting my eardrums for the next few weeks. I recommend it to any Pop Punk/Electronica fan.

poor
tmagistrelli (3)
Shouldn't this be absolutely horrendous? Yes. Is it? Hmmm....

dimsim3478
September 3rd 2011

You really need to talk about the sound a lot more than you have here. Really there's just stuff about "the feel" of the album, so readers on the other end really have no fucking idea what's going on.

Anyway, I see potential. Study staff reviews on keep on writin'.

Digging: My Psychoanalyst - Choreomania

auberginedreams
September 3rd 2011

you guys it only knocks once. get on that shit.

FemaleSnape
September 3rd 2011

Thanks for the feedback dimsim3478. Its my first review and I was a little lost. I will be sure to take that onboard

Aids

our website: = http://www.kidshoeonsale.com =

Believe that you will fall in love with it

Opportunity knocks but once

^^^^123 this this this

Twelvetribes230
September 3rd 2011

How could you give Justin Bieber a 1 and this a 4.5. They are both on the same level of horrible pop music for the masses. Nothing about this album is redeemable or good.

BurnedBlack606
September 3rd 2011

Such a good review and album.

acad

Believe that you will fall in love with it

Opportunity knocks but once

RosaParks
September 3rd 2011

gabe saporta is such a huge sell out.

more like
gabe saporta is such a gorgeous man

fix'd

thatoneguy726
October 5th 2011

did anybody with the 1's actually listen to this? yeah, it's not that great, but it's not the lowest of lows

Capablanca
December 1st 2011

I think they all just read the Bieber comment and decided to rate accordingly.

Spec
June 4th 2012

bieber?

Capablanca
June 5th 2012

Holy old thread Batman, no idea what this was about.