Attila
Outlawed

2.0
poor

by TechieCore USER (13 Reviews)
September 2nd, 2011 | 123 replies | 18,477 views

Review Summary: "Partycore". Nothing less, nothing more.

Attila is a band that has always had an evenly split mix of fans that adore them, and others that believe they make a bad name for music. Known for having front man Chris Fronzak appear on an episode of MTV's "Made", they've never had much of a serious reputation in the music scene. With the release of "Rage", it was the start of something people referred to as "partycore" (I suppose due to the outrageous lyrics). Now what the actual genre Attila even is, I'll leave that to you.

It's a year later, and "Outlawed" is finally released. Fans will be disappointed however, as Attila really haven't improved much at all. Throughout this half-hour, 10 track mess, you won't find many shining moments or brilliant ideas. It's the same wankery that "Rage" was known for, but it's just even worse.

Now don't get me wrong - Attila is a group of solid musicians. They know their instruments and can play competently, they just aren't making the right kind of music. Again, "Outlawed" is littered with breakdowns and insane lyrics. Take the final track of the album "Payback" for example: "I will find your ***ing bitch and *** her, right in front of you". Not exactly the most intelligent or meaningful lyrics ever written. But Attila has stated they never really care what people think, they just make fun music. The problem is however, is that the music just isn't that "fun".

It really is very hard to distinguish where one track ends and the others begin on "Outlawed". The same format is applied to virtually every song, with very little straying from the formula. However, there are a couple of great half-developed ideas in the album (although short-lived). The intro riff of "Light Me Up" is pretty damn catchy, and then it proceeds to a breakdown (what a tease). The ending of "Nasty Mouth" has a nice rhythm guitar section, but again it's short lived.

If you are a fan of obscene lyrics and the standard chug-chug breakdowns, then by all means this is the album for you. But for fans of quality metal, this just isn't the album you'll enjoy. If Attila could get serious and try to produce something above mediocre, I'm sure they could succeed. But if they ever will, now that's the mystery.

Outrun The Sunlight The Return of InertiaElitist Earth
Betraying the Martyrs Breathe In LifeJody Breeze Welcome To The Futute: Part 2
Volumes ViaHeart In Hand Only Memories
2.7

Rage

About That Life

September 2nd 2011

Just an average album. Most of you will find it pretty awful, some of you will find it catchy, but it's still not good.

OneMoreRoland
September 2nd 2011

Honestly, i liked rage. This is like a striped down, poorly executed version of rage with even worse lyrics. An all around disappointment

DarthMann

nice album art

September 2nd 2011

I agree Roland. Rage had some catchy songs, it was legitimately listenable with some replay value.

But this is garbage, which I expected.

Acrosstheshield13

so. fucking. boring.

September 2nd 2011

That's what I'm saying, even if it was good to me, every song sounds the same.

Carnifex

1918 Comments

Other than the album art, awful.

Toadstool
September 2nd 2011

Pos'd. They are somewhat fun live, but the music (especially the lyrics) is just boring. I hot boxed with them in their van though, good dudes.

September 2nd 2011

Sounds like a good time. Yeah they are definitely cool guys, they just need to get out of that high school party mentality. No one can pull off multiple albums talking about fucking girls, getting high and drunk on every track.

RosaParks

one of the worst bands

saucy
September 2nd 2011

Couldnt get passed the 5th track.

thedougler
September 4th 2011

lol @ quality metal. I dig this album

ZippaThaRippa
September 17th 2011

Breakdowns now have thirty percent more notes

thedougler
October 2nd 2011

I blast Buy another round everyday. This band gets me pumped for anything

Carnifex
October 2nd 2011

1918 Comments

lol

Spec
October 4th 2011

Band sucks so much. But they're so fucking fun to listen to while drunk driving.

stonesofthequeenage