Falling in Reverse
The Drug in Me Is You

by Joseph Scott USER (10 Reviews)
July 18th, 2011 | 53 replies

Review Summary: RONNIE'S BACK!! RONNIE'S BACK!!! RONNIE'S..........Oh, Wait....

I'll be the first to admit that Escape The Fate is a lame band. But I'll also admit that I really enjoy them. Say what you will, but the bands first EP, 'There's No Sympathy For The Dead' was nothing less than 5 tracks of purely enjoyable, energetic pop-post-hardcore. The bands following full length debut, 'Dying Is Your Latest Fashion' offered more of the same catchy, fast-food-esque nonsense that proved so enjoyable the first time round. Indigestion soon reared its head however, in the form of a nasty drug brou-haha involving frontman Ronnie Radke. To cut a long story short, the little tool was thrown in the big-house, and ETF was forced to continue with BlesstheFall poser Craig Mabbit. The trouble is, it was Radke's raspy, cracking yelp and badboy posturing that made the first two 'fate' offerings what they were. The bands next album blew hard, and tears were shed.

"But Asiatic!" you all cry, "We know all of this, and have made many hillarious quips about the matter in every Escape The Fate News item posted in the last three years. What does this have to do with Ronnie's new band, Falling In Reverse?". Well, everything, as it turns out. Ronnie is back, bitches, and with him the formula that made Escape The Fate so badass (or suck-ass, if you're not me, or over 13). It may appear that I'm writing all this to be amusingly ironic, as opposed to describing the sound and style of Falling In Reverse's debut album. So before I continue, I will fulfill that obligation, and give you an idea of what to expect from 'The Drug In Me Is You'. Expect 'Dying Is Your Latest Fashion - part II'. As much as I enjoy Escape The Fate, Ronnie was the only part of that band that wasn't expendable. Therefore, the only thing significantly different about Falling In Reverse is the name.

Expect more scream-along choruses, scene-kid poetry lyrics and blistering, squealling guitar solos. It's good fun for the unassuming listener, and the mark of cain for anyone else. Enjoy Ronnie's pining ("Sexy, Please text me!!"), words of wisdom ( "Don't mess with Oujia boards") and subtle references to his private life ("I've learned that my fate is something I can't Escape!"). There's some fun 'La-La-La-La-La's' in second track 'Tragic Magic', and if catchy is your bag, 'The Drug In Me Is You' will prove to be a sugary sweet experience. Just don't blame me if you get diabetes.

Recomended tracks:

Fashionably Late
recommended by reviewer
Escape The Fate Dying Is Your Latest Fashion

July 18th 2011

Review number III. I thoroughly enjoyed this, actually. And just like Ronnie, I don't give a f*ck!!

RosaParks

Recommended*

ah, thanks.

RosaParks
July 18th 2011

Still, as shallow as this album is, you could have included another paragraph or two about its sound.

Personally, "Tragic Magic" is the worst song I have heard all year, but to each his own I guess.

July 18th 2011

It's awful, but it's also awful catchy. I have no delusions about how awful this actually is.

IrishJay91
July 18th 2011

Decent amount of bias and some fanboyism in this review, but it is well written. Doesn't really read like a 3.5, but whatever. Even if I hadn't listened to this all ready, this review describes exactly what I should expect. And yea, I thought Tragic Magic was hideous.

July 18th 2011

Hahaha. The worst/best moment on the whole thing is when he goes "Bitch, You gave me the fucking clap!".
That's some Motley Crue shit right there.

Ire
July 18th 2011

yay another shitty band giving my hometown a bad name

what are some others?

FrankRedHot

Wayne Newtons give me indigestion

FourthReich
July 18th 2011

Shitty album nothig on it was memorable at all, the review was funny and informative but was not very detailed; the last line was the best. It's ok to have sort of a joke like review such as this but it's not ok to have made a joke out of an album like Ronnie did.

@Ire: Panic!, The Killers

fish.

21959 Comments

DYILF was more diverse than this. This doesn't have an equivalent to My Apocalypse, for example, which is probably my favourite ETF song

@FourthReich

Thanks for the feedback, always grateful when people take the time to talk about the review, rather than cracking jokes/discussing random unrelated subjects.

FourthReich

@AnarchistFish
No doubt one of if not the best songs from Ronnie the lyrics are intence and a nice little solo has the most plays on my ipod.

@Asiatic667
no problem I have not earned the right to be a dbag on here yet, wait another 200 posts ha

IllPromiseYouThat
July 19th 2011

I don't understand how you can say this is like dying is your latest fashion. It has 5 good songs 2 questionable ones and 4 AWFUL ones. I thought the problem with the album was it was allll Ronnie. The lyrics were all him and the music took a back seat to his voice.

ThePrisonGuard
July 19th 2011

Did not like this album whatsoever.

Digging: Code Orange - I Am King

theacademy

review is perfect.

rating is .5 too high, but review makes up for it

dying is your latest fashion is not that much better than this

i think its funny when you guys call it DIYLF cuz it looks like you love DILFs

DILF hunters.

theacademy

Decent amount of bias

omg bias in a review?! SHOCK HORROR

Comatorium.
July 19th 2011

I was looking forward to this but ended it hitting the next button about halfway through every song. Only made it to the chorus in tragic magic, what a disappointment this album is.

Digging: Silverstein - This is How the Wind Shifts: Addendum