Hybrid (UK)
Wide Angle

by Bassist540 USER (11 Reviews)
May 31st, 2011 | 20 replies | 5,623 views

Release Date: 1999 | Tracklist

Review Summary: A+

To start off Hybrid's 11 year long business in the Electronic industry, they decide to release one. An outstanding one. One that is very beneficial to the Electronic genre. You have the fascinating beats, flow, and believe it or not, the vocals. Vocals are to be heard throughout some of the songs. They are a pleasure to listen to. They will not disappoint. Songs like I Know, If I Survive, and Dreaming Your Dreams features the most deliverable singing. Much of the album itself is indulged with great, luminescent and robust charisma. As in almost the entire thing is well crafted, and maintains the consistency.

I really can't pin point out songs that are dull or tedious. They are almost all perfectly organized into being an incredibly crafted piece. Most of the songs feature a quiet piano, which adds to the atmosphere and gives the song more emphasis. One song even features a symphony, Final Symphony. Needless to say, some of the songs DO however get pretty boring to listen to. One in particular I found was Snyper. Nothing really stood out on this track. Fairly bland listen. Snyper was pretty much half baked for most of it.

Believe it or not, there are some instruments included. You have the Piano, Saxophone, and the Orchestra. You will find the Piano included in Beachcoma, If I Survive, and others. The Saxophone is as well included to the intro to Beachcoma. Final Symphony will leave seemingly maggots in your body, squirming around as if you are rudely awakened. As I mean you will be left speechless. It is a 9 minute jam delivered to your ear canal. The Orchestra does a remarkable job with the instruments. Most of it is played by the violins. It has a descending technique to it. First it's very vibrant, than it descends to a lower pitch as it progresses.

The lyrics are very well achieved by Hybrid. They achieve greatness. Most of the lyrics are fairly uncommon, but some jams you'll find them. They deal with surviving, achieving, and everyday challenges. One song, Sinequanon, features a guest by the name of Soon E MC. He kills it. His voice is gorgeous. That's right, I'm a guy and I said that. His voice flows premium throughout. The chorus is very quiet. For some reason, I can hear very clearly however. That song practically defines Relaxing. It actually has a verse, chorus, verse, and a bridge even. He is speaking in french. He is talking about how life is rough for him, as well as the conditions.

The sound and production are solid. The sound is so engraving that you will be instantly hooked by how the songs are so well constructed. They are fairly complex, and execute many different melodies within the song itself. The atmosphere to the songs are incredible for me. They are deliquescent, and can be set for any mood. You may want to use If I Survive, and Snyper for jogging on a street. Beachcoma, and Sinequanon can be used for excessive relaxation.

Electronic music is a diverse genre, and features many genres within the genre. Wide Angle offers almost all of it. You have a little Techno, mind bulging Breaks, and abundant Trance. Wide Angle is a tremendous piece of touching Electronic music within the category.

Pros:

Excellent piece of work to the Electronic species
Everything flows smoothly, nothing hinders
Soon E MC is a mammoth when It comes to vocals
Top of the notch production

Cons:

Snyper, by a little. This song is not lousy, it just drags on a little too far

P.S, does anyone else think that the kid on the album cover looks like the youngster from the Aerials video by System of a Down? Hm.