Mnemic
The Audio Injected Soul

by Seth T. White (Cravinov13) USER (61 Reviews)
November 13th, 2005 | 15 replies | 7,007 views

Release Date: 2004 | Tracklist

Mnemic is a band that entered the death metal scene in 2003. Having toured with such bands as Soilwork, Fear Factory, Machine Head, Chimaira, Hatesphere, Destruction, Death Angel, Darkane, The Forsaken, In Flames, and most recently, God Forbid, Meshuggah, and The Haunted, you would think these guys would get a bit more recognition then what they have. Combining modern Death and Thrash Metal with Industrial Metal, Mnemicís sound is very unique with many of itís own surprises. They call themselves ďFuture Fusion Metal".

Michael, the vocalists (who left the band in early 2005), has a very unique style and range in both his singing and growling. On tracks like Deathbox, Door 2.12 and Jack Vegas, Michael delivers some very fast, excruciating roars and growls mixed with his raspy clean voice. In the more melodic track, Overdose In The Hall Of Fame and the remake of the song Wild Boys (original song by Duran Duran), he uses a very similar style to that of In Flamesí Anders Friden. All in all, Michael's a good vocalist, and very amusing to watch sing in the music video for Deathbox (you can see the video in the movie Alone In The Dark).

Mircea, Rune (the guitarists) and Obeast (the bassist), are all in all exceptionally talented. However, a lot of the music in The Audio Injected Soul sounds very similar anc can get very dull at times. Also, a lot of the riffs are creative, but they get very repetitive from track to track. Brylle, the drummer, is also fairly talented, but sounds like he lacks a lot of experience in certain songs. Overall, there is nothing truly special about Mnemicís music as a whole.

The Audio Injected Soul is a good example of an album that has itís awesome tracks, and itís horrible tracks. Deathbox, by far being the best track on the album, contains some very psychological lyrics, better then average music (for Mnemic), and some very talented vocal work from Michael. Other songs like Dreamstate Emergency, Door 2.12, Illuminate, Jack Vegas, and The Silver Drop are also exceptionally well done tracks. However, some tracks like Sane Vrs. Normal and Mindsaver are a complete and udder disaster in both structure and flow. The two Ďacousticsí, Overdose In The Hall Of Fame and Wild Boys are pretty good songs if you can tolerate Michaelís sometimes out of tune clean vocals and the extreme trance feel to the songs with the occasional bursts of riffs and drum beats. Also note that The Audio Injection is just a 42 sc. intro to the actual first track, Dreamstate Emergency.

Pros
-- Michaelís unique vocal style
-- A lot of very creative riffs
-- Deathbox
Cons
-- A lot of tracks sound the same
-- Michaelís unique vocal style
-- Sane Vrs. Normal

Track Ratings:
1. The Audio Injection (N/A)
2. Dreamstate Emergency (4/5)
3. Door 2.12 (4.5/5)
4. Illuminate (4/5)
5. Deathbox (5/5)
6. Sane Vrs. Normal (3/5)
7. Jack Vegas (4/5)
8. Mindsaver (3/5)
9. Overdose In The Hall Of Fame (4.5/5)
10. The Silver Drop (5/5)
11. Wild Boys (4/5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemicís The Audio Injected Soul
NOTICE! The Audio Injection & Deathbox contain AM3D.

The AM3D positional headphone technology presents a way of improving the sound experience. Using binaural techniques, the sound is processed to localize a single sound to a specific location in three-dimension space around the listener.

Neun Welten Valg EPMortifera Vastiia Tenebrd Mortifera
Amesoeurs Ruines HumainesHavohej Dethrone the Son of God
The Lust I Seek Ancient [EP]Grey Skies Fallen Tomorrow's In Doubt
Kenneth E. Rathburn (2)
Imagine present-day Scar Symmetry trying to mimic Fear Factory....

November 13th 2005

This is the first time I didn't do a track by track, so please give me some good feedback

ocelot-05
November 13th 2005

Now this is death metal, not Coal Chamber. Just kidding around Cravinov. You've stepped up as a reviewer, good job.

Edit: What was the deal with the ending? I didn't get why you put that quote there.This Message Edited On 11.13.05

Toaster
November 13th 2005

Very good review, I'm impressed with how you've matured. I saw these guys live with Meshuggah.. I wouldn't say they're death metal, though. And what does the quote at the end mean?

November 13th 2005

The quote at the end is from the album. It pretty much says 'This album sounds better if you listen to it on headphones'. But I'm deaf in my right ear, so it kinda screws it up for me.

Arrakakaka
November 13th 2005

Nice review. You're deaf in your right ear?

November 13th 2005

Yes... which is why I have trouble distinquishing certain sounds in bands, although before I was to boneheaded to admit that.

Thor
November 13th 2005

Your reviews keep on improving. Keep it up.

Dead_Trench
November 14th 2005

It lacked detail on the music. It's too bad, because I really like this band. And I believe Wild Boys is by Duran Duran.

May 4th 2006

I decided this CD was a lot better then I orignally gave it credit for.This Message Edited On 07.02.06

Blokus
July 1st 2006

Good review. Me likes this cd.

TheSunSleeps348
January 25th 2008

Deathbox isn't even all that impressive.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a very average band.
As far as the instruments go, I can play every single one of their songs. and thats saying alot.This Message Edited On 01.25.08

CerberusLives
August 19th 2009

This is worth it for Deathbox alone, in my humble opinion.

pizzamachine
September 9th 2009

Simple and intense.

dvlarison
April 23rd 2010

I like Sane Vs Normal quite a lot. The lyrics and vocals are killer.

Madbutcher3
June 14th 2014

I think this album is more impressive in regard to the technical aspects of its recording than anything else, given the whole Binaural AM3D thing going on