Worms Feed
Still So Much To Waste

by Dante Alighieri USER (85 Reviews)
November 1st, 2010 | 11 replies

Review Summary: For those suffering Musical ADD.

Don’t deny it. Sometime our attention span can be severely limited when it comes to music. The industry today is flooded with bands begging for our attention and while we attempt to keep our tastes fresh, it really is hard to pay attention to one particular artist for an extended period of time. Hell, even while writing this my attention span has lapsed several times. Belgium hardcore band Worms Feed are all too aware of this fact and in the process have created a five song EP that does its business in the shortest way possible while still retaining a level of replay ability for the future. Clocking in at just over eight minutes in length, Still So Much To Waste is over before you know it yet still keeps the listener attentive and wanting for more in the end.

Still So Much To Waste is both catchy and dissonant. Not that both are opposite of each other, as Cursed perfected the ability to keep a song catchy yet a torture to the ears as well, but it gives Worms Feed that edge that they are going to need to get ahead in the genre in the future. ‘Suicide Eyes’ and ‘Vultures’ are reminiscent of fellow nationals Rise and Fall, the buzz saw guitar tones and an almost thrash like sound, followed by insanely short track lengths, keep the songs interesting and catchy. The longest track, the four minute track ‘Lions’ showcases what we might possibly hear in the future with Worms Feed, a conglomeration of Rise and Fall style riffs with the sludge attitude of Cursed makes the track a particular highlight on the EP. However, the album itself is nothing too extraordinary as it is over before anything truly remarkable sets in. But Still So Much To Waste is a great EP that will surely turn heads and hopefully Worms Feed will be able to capitalize on this attention in future releases.