Attack Attack! (US)
Attack Attack!

by Hagardlymusic USER (5 Reviews)
August 21st, 2010 | 75 replies

Let me just start by saying that I was unaware of what to expect when listening to this album. The band’s first release (Someday Came Suddenly) was what I believed to be somewhat of a generic attempt at pulling another metalcore album out of a band’s ass just to sell more merch to scene kids. Needless to say I am happy that this album proved me wrong.

Attack Attack has, what I believe, matured in their metal career. Each song on the album takes on a life of its own, and each member does their part to make each song flow flawlessly. They have picked up their singing game as well, most songs (if not all of them) have a melodic singing tune. This blends extremely well with the sick guitar riffs, as well as the blast beating breakdowns.

One thing I really enjoy in metal music is the use of synthesizers/keyboards, there is no slacker on the bands part when it comes to this. Some bands I have listened to can at times go overboard on the electronics, but I feel that they really hit the mark on this issue.

Speaking of electronic nonsense… If you’re like me you can really get into techno, apparently this band agrees. On their 4th track “Shut Your Mouth,” the group pumps out a 100% techno song. All in all I think it ties into the group’s overall vibe very well.

All in all I think the album had a very incredible impact on how people view them. I look forward to what this band will be up to in the future!

2.3

PoodleRapist
August 21st 2010

how can so many people have so much to say about this

East Hastings
August 21st 2010

Attack Attack has, what I believe, matured in their metal career.

as well as the blast beating breakdowns.

One thing I really enjoy in metal music is the use of synthesizers/keyboards,

yeaaaahhhhhh neg'd

tinkrbel

yeaaaahhhhhh neg'd[2]

loveisamixtape

flawlessly

lol'd

Winsomniac
August 21st 2010

obvious troll is obvious.

CyberTaco

PanasonicYouth

lol this guy

brutebeard
August 21st 2010

Short n' sweet. Try expanding by being more specific next time.

zarquan99
August 21st 2010

wow now scene kids are even making fun of themselves...

Homewrecker

Really dude? Really?

zarquan99
August 21st 2010

"The band’s first release (Someday Came Suddenly) was what I believed to be somewhat of a generic attempt at pulling another metalcore album out of a band’s ass just to sell more merch to scene kids"

lol

Winsomniac
August 21st 2010

Finally, someone who has the same taste in metal as me. Spot on review, dude. 100% techno all the way man!

SideEffect
August 21st 2010

I feel bad that I neg'd him, and that my first comment is about me negging him.......

brutebeard

You are negligent

Alexd93
August 21st 2010

i read this review before realizing who wrote it...better than your homesick review but still, you have lots of room to improve! i wont neg you tho

shaunconery