Heinali And Matt Finney
Town Line EP

by B R A N D O N S C O T T USER (102 Reviews)
May 29th, 2010 | 15 replies | 4,279 views

Enter the mournful cry of a violin. On their shoulders, they carry the weight of a thousand broken hearts, torn and battered by the lies of the ones they once cared for. The Details, the causes they have no relevance, only the grave results brought on by them. In the corner of your consciousness, you're only slightly aware of the soft piano- the repetitive sounds of relief, a Shelter from falling into the bottomless pit that your stomach has become. However, before granted the alleviation, the oncoming dissonance of a guitar beckons repressed feeling, feelings that for so long have been locked away, no key in grasp. Anger, and confusion, cascading thoughts of a sudden betrayal, flood your vision, tinting your sight red. That vile, putrid ***stained Dog, the pain they willingly caused. Can this rage, this blind, unrestrained hatred ever be abated? Stuck in a moment, days, weeks and years all pass in a second stuck in a suffocating ambience, a Town Line unable to proceed; as long as you hold this anger, you will never be allowed to live. Letting go, you let the waves of reprieve wash over you. Acceptance. You can't change what happened; as the saying goes what's done is done. You have to think back to the Years of bliss; times shared, enveloped in the overwhelming melodies of a relaxing ecstasy, simple in execution yet so complex in value. It's time to move on. Time to let go, time to start over.

Carved Cross Demo IIIBlack Beasts II
Azarath Blasphemers' MaledictionsDoth Datura Wrightii
Cara Neir Sublimation TherapyAsphyx The Rack

Conjoined

Lemonade

May 30th 2010

A concept review. Obviously very short. Going through a hard time right now, and honestly, this album is helping me a lot. I still put in bits and pieces about the music and what songs they are in (which you can tell because they are in italics). It was hard at times to incorporate the song titles in, so i hope I did it in a way that makes sense with most of them. The songs do have lyrics, but most are about war, it is really more the music that speaks to me and helps. Comment, critique, tell me how much you hate it, how it doesn't make sense, but i found it therapeutic. Anyways, i HOPE it's enjoyable, so yeah feedback please.

Digging: Venus Star - Nigredo Expulsion

May 30th 2010

I liked it, got something to say though

wait a minute

great soundoff

now that we got that out of the way

May 30th 2010

Whew the pressure was building, glad you got that out

I won tic-tac-toe

you're "X"

[img]http://ftp.pcworld.com/pub/screencams/thirds.jpg[/img]

thebhoy
May 30th 2010

actually the grammar is pretty poor in this. I see this as a creative piece, in which grammar does not necessarily have to be exactly, technically correct. However, in the first two sentences you could probably use full stops (periods) instead of commas, for a greater effect (read The Road by by Cormac McCarthy for an example as to how to do this properly). I think basically your grammar and syntactical choices are poor here, but otherwise you have a good foundation. Do some work on it, I'm interested to see where this goes tbh.

May 30th 2010

Cheers, thanks for the input, i'll take a look at it, make the changes you suggested and try to fix some other stuff.

Edit: In the morning haha I need to go to bed.

Foxhound
May 30th 2010

No changes needed, great review. I love the conceptual type.

May 30th 2010

Thanks foxhound. I won't make any drastic drastic changes but I see now I might news to re work a little bit

VicariousIntent
May 30th 2010

I liked the review, and pos'd, but have no clue what the album sounds like.

May 30th 2010

Classical ambient mixed with guitar and spoken word passages

May 30th 2010

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the EP is available free (band approved) for download here http://dedicatedrecords.bandcamp.com/album/town-line-ep

Bitchfork
June 2nd 2010

yo first two sentences er fucked up.