Coeur de Pirate
Coeur de Pirate

by BrxxnAngxlRxsnxr USER (40 Reviews)
December 13th, 2009 | 33 replies | 10,463 views

Release Date: 2008 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Words to describe this album can vary from passionate, to joyous to haunting. If your a fan of pleasant, piano driven music this album deserves a listen.

In all honesty I am very hesitant to do a review on this album. Not only am I unfamiliar with the language I am hearing but I also came to realize I am fairly unfamiliar with such positively endearing music. Rarely have I listened to an album that so swiftly swept me off my feet and rarely have I experienced such a breathtakingly beautiful voice. I will to the best of my ability try to explain Coeur De Pirate.

Coeur De Pirate is an album that executes simplicity at it's finest. Beautiful piano playing accompanies De Pirates girlish French voice that is controlled and varied to the point of perfection. From the bouncy feel De Pirates voice adds to the track, "Ensemble", to the passionate vocal performance she displays on, "Cetait Salement Romantique". The level of emotion De Pirates voice creates is what makes this album so special.

The piano playing on this album is superb. The opening of,"Cetait Salement Romantique" is possibly the most beautifully haunting piece of art that I have heard in some time. Only more surprising is how De Pirates voice can go from seemingly heartbroken to downright joyous in the span of a single track. The album employs a variety of instrument including harmonicas, chimes, and drums all going hand in hand with De Pirates pleasant voice. Simplicity is the albums strong aspect as De Pirates voice is seemingly the main focus and rightfully so.

The pure joy of this album bleeds through colorfully on the track "Pour un infidèle" in which a short and simple breaks way for Pirates vibrant voice. No leaf of romance is spared for the track for a male vocalist enters the fray to lend a hand to his (seemingly to me at least) lover or dear friend. While the simplicity never grows old it does leave a tad bit to be desired but as a running theme in the track simplicity and joy often outweigh the slight downfalls.

In keeping my summary short this album is simply a joy to listen to. Words that come to mind while listening to De Pirate can vary from passionate to dreamy to gorgeous. May it be a warm summer day or a rainy day to be spent inside, Coeur De Pirates calm, soothing, and joyous voice will compliment whatever experience you may be going through.

Recommended Tracks

Pg. 99 Document #1Corrupted Paso Inferior
Authority Zero AndiamoAugust Burns Red Constellations

Blonde

December 13th 2009

I didn't want to do this but I was compelled. Thoughts and help much appreciated.

December 13th 2009

I really want to learn french.

December 13th 2009

Too bad she isn't attractive. Unlike Ashley Green who apparently has done the same thing.

Piglet
December 13th 2009

Words to describe this album can vary from passionate, to joyous to haunting. Simply put it, this album deserves a listen.

simply put, i wish every body would stop using that expression

I'm sorry ) :

Mordecai.
December 13th 2009

Show me some nude pics of your gf and i'll confrim. This chick has great tits.

jrowa001
December 14th 2009

this girl is very attractive i dont know what Balls is thinking. great album btw

jrowa001
December 14th 2009

also where can i get a link of her pictures?

Mordecai.
December 14th 2009

just google Coeur de Pirate nude, safe search off.

handoman

shes pretty cute

Douglas

Cant find this anywhere : (

Limewire!!!!

Cetait Salement Romantique a must listen.

Good Luck

Douglas

Ugh Limewire gives computers aids

December 14th 2009

Yeah... but I'm to lazy to learn how to learn how to do it any other way

you could copy the audio files if you can find the album on Youtube which I think it is.

SteelErectedb4you8er
December 14th 2009

this chick is pretty hot. nice tits. and by the way the review is...I am going to check this out.

HugCrewLoveRoll
December 23rd 2009

I'm glad to see a review of this on here since she's from Quebec and speaks french. Good work album's good. And btw, her true name is Béatrice Martin, Coeur de Pirate is her artist name and means pirate's heart lol
If you need any french to english translation I can help.

December 23rd 2009

Cetait Salement Romantique, wanted to know what that means?

I hope a staff reviews it though it needs more exposure.