Megadeth
Hidden Treasures

by Dethtrasher USER (232 Reviews)
August 21st, 2005 | 44 replies

Release Date: 1995 | Tracklist

Megadeth � Hidden Treasures

This is Megadeth's only EP-record yet and it is based on soundtracks and two classic cover from two well-known hard rock musicians, Alice Cooper and Black Sabbath. Some of the tracks is quite famous and some of them becamed less famous along fans and others. The music style is in general heavy-metal, there is not much thrash but you can here it in a few tracks as well.

The Line Up
Dave Mustaine � ryhtm, lead guitar
Marty Friedman � ryhtm, lead guitar
David Ellefson � bass
Nick Menza � drums

No More Mr Nice Guy
A classic song and Megadeth made it to a great cover, sounds almost the same except from Dave�s voice. Known as the �Shocker Soundtrack� The instrumental part is perfect and the vocals is good. 4/5

Breakpoint
Not a perfect song, this song the �Super Mario Soundtrack� and it has no part which is catchy so this song is one of those who are less good. The bass is well-sounding and the main riff reminds of �Kick The Chair� in my opinion. 2.5/5

Go To Hell
This is a great song which is played low tune. It has a groove sound and the lyrics is about a person who is dead and can see what happens now when he is dead. From the lyrics: �I saw my funeral that day, I know who didn�t show to mourn�. This song is slow and heavy and is one of the best songs of the album. 5/5

Angry Again
�The Last Action Hera Soundtrack�. This song is like an evil ballad which makes it to the second slowest song of the album. The opening riff sticks on your brain and it sounds great, the solos is great and the bass is loud and clear on this album. The lyrics is about Dave and one of his former girlfriends but I�m not sure but it sounds like it. This song is worth listening to. 5/5

99 Ways To Die
This song is the soundtrack to �Beavis and Butthead�. A fast song with weird lyrics but it has a good flow, catchy riffs and a good structure. 5/5

Paranoid
Megadeth made this old classic to a great cover from the well-known and famous Black Sabbath. Megadeth made it to a thrashier version and the soloing is excellent which is performed by both Dave and Marty, the song is fast and and has a clear tune of the bass. 5/5

Diadems
Starts off with a acustic guitar and later turns into a ballad of some sort. Not a great ballad though. This song is the �Demon Knight Soundtrack�. Strange lyrics and I do not recommend this song. 3.5/5

Problems
This song speaks for its self. The song is about problems and it is not a highlight song. It sounds like Dave has alittle hard to sing sometimes in this song but I guess it is the way it should sound like. 3.5/5

Pros
-Great sound in general
-Great bass
-The Paranoid cover

Cons
-To few songs
-Contains some of Megadeth's worst songs

As you can see there is only covers and soundtracks in this album. Here is in my opinion some of the worst songs Megadeth ever made and those songs are Problems and Breakpoint. But this is a good album and I think that every fan of Megadeth should have this CD in their collection. The best songs of this album is Angry Again, Paranoid and Go To Hell. The final rating will be: 4/5