Dance Gavin Dance
Dance Gavin Dance

by G3LLISTER USER (8 Reviews)
January 11th, 2009 | 14 replies

Release Date: 2008 | Tracklist

Review Summary: The (arguably) successful arrival of a Kurt Travis is covered with pock marks by an album that finds too many retching screams and lyrics that embarrass more than a few times.

Please

Help me

Get Deleted

Admin

Or at least erase my reviews.

I don't like this profile

and I just want all this crap to disappear because I don't want it floating around when I boot up this site. It's annoying, just like I will be if this crap doesn't get deleted.

Seriously, why is there no option for deleting accounts? I probably shoulda researched this three years ago when I was registering but if I didn't know it was gonna be this obnoxious to even attempt to get my dumb old reviews deleted. This is a part of my life I don't like to reflect on and seeing it gets me furious time and again.

The comments section is just ridiculous because I don't even have a brother or sister. I make all this crap up for reviews because I like telling stories. Go figure.

So I'm probably going to destroy each and every of my reviews I made before so those at least get deleted. I really would rather not make more work for Admin but the fact of the matter is that the one time pain of making a delete button would bypass all this extra effort on both parts.

I use this site frequently, I just don't like my reviews anymore and I don't like that footprint being out here for eternity so here I am writing this crap, preparing to copy and paste it to every one of my reviews in an attempt to destroy what remaining evidence there was that I ever gave a crap about any of this enough to sit down and write out reviews nobody gives a crap about.

As soon as I'm done with that I am promptly going to the password section and typing in an indescribabale mass of gibberish as my new password so I can't use this account (nor could anyone else) and the fun part is I never use the gmail account associated with this anymore so all ties shall be erased. Have fun reading this users and other members. See ya!

Enter Shikari Take to the SkiesThrice The Artist in the Ambulance
Circus Circus Brooklyn NightlifeScapegoat Zombie Dog
Attack Attack! (US) Someday Came SuddenlyA Thorn For Every Heart Pick Up The Pieces
kevin234 (3.5)
showcases definite talent, but is a little inconsistent...

Understanding In a Crash (3.5)
Dance Gavin Dance takes one step backwards and two steps foward... = One Step Foward :D...

Brent Stephenson (4)
Dance Gavin Dance loses a singer, and gains so much more in the process. This is really a step up f...

gaslightanthem

this album is bad

DaveBum69
January 11th 2009

I like this album alot but i agree with you about jon mess, his vocals were awesome on the first cd but im kinda glad he quit, his lyrics in people you know are just horrible, if he was gonna write a song about jonny craig he could have made it good

marksellsuswallets
January 11th 2009

It's kind of ironic how that song is supposedly about Johnny being the world's biggest prick, yet he's the only semi-famous musician I've ever met that just walked up and started to me...eh, whatever. This album has been growing off me recently but I still enjoy most of it from time to time.

January 11th 2009

I completely agree with this review.

So no more disgusting puke-screams for dgd? Awesome. Imho he's been dgd's only downfall.

I think it would be cool if someone just took all of Mess's vocals out of this album. I'd much rather hear their instruments than him.

The other review on this album was good but I like this one a little bit better. Well done

koecim
January 11th 2009

Jon Mess is such a bad screamer that hes a good screamer. Thats my take on it. He's gone past bad into the realm of pure shit, but because of it he makes the album his own and he totaly works with the music.

Im still loving this album more and more.

Good review, I see your points even though i disagree.

gaslightanthem

album is still bad

sspedding
January 11th 2009

this album is always bad.

January 11th 2009

I LOVE it when people assume their opinions are fact.

bastard
January 11th 2009

too bad they don't assume their fact, they just dont add the imo.

January 11th 2009

Alright, I see your point. But why just say the album is bad, rather than giving reasoning? Or a real argument?

bastard
January 11th 2009

well it's not like most of the people think most things are good give any reason, other than saying read the review of said album.

elephantREVOLUTION
January 12th 2009

I love this album and I have never had a problem with Jon Mess's screaming. This is one of my favorites of 08.

Groink
February 22nd 2009

^ ^ I agree with this.

G3LLISTER
February 24th 2009

Has anyone heard the 10 instrumental songs they released on the unofficial "Death Star" album... they're so good and it's easier to appreciate the intrumentation.