George Harrison
Brainwashed

by Humor99 USER (14 Reviews)
January 17th, 2005 | 3 replies | 4,902 views

Release Date: 2002 | Tracklist

Brainwashed will be the last studio released by George Harrison, and thankfully it was an awesome effort. This CD was produced by Harrison's son Dhani and close friend Jeff Lynne, who did thier best to keep the sound mostly as George had envisoned it. The result is one of George's best and more spiritual albums.

The CD kicks off with Harrison asking, "Give me plenty of that guitar" and right into the first song titled 'Any Road'. This song is nice rock track, very up-beat and nothing to deep. After that, the album has a lot more spirtually concious tracks on it, which all demonstrate how much Harrison cared for these songs. Soothing and not loud or obnoxious, these songs are songs that you can just listen to and enjoy without really paying attention.

Included on this album is one instrumental track that is a soft rock kind of track, with a very easy-going feel to it. Nothing on this album is very loud or hard rockish, but instead its more subdued and meaningful. The only tracks that break from this are 'Any Road', 'Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea', and 'Brainwashed'. Still, none of those tracks are very in-your-face.

The entire CD, consisting of 12 new tracks, flows together nicely and features of a variety of musical arrangements, instruments, and sounds. The final track ends with a spiritual chant, showing the devotion to religion that was present in Harrison's life. Some may not like this last effort because it's too soft or too spiritual, but I think it's the best way for Harrison's career. True to his beliefs and true to his mind - a soft rock/pop rock album with lots of meaning too it. Thank you George.

A special edition also contains a short DVD (about 5-minutes) with commentary from Jeff, Dhani, and George on this album, a guitar pick, a poster, and a Dark House Records sticker. All in all, a very wonderful package.

Overall: 4.0/5.0

Guns N' Roses Use Your Illusion IIBob Dylan The Bootleg Series Vol. 5: Live in 1975
The Beatles Abbey RoadJimi Hendrix Live at Woodstock
The Band The Last Waltz [DVD]Bob Dylan The Bootleg Series Vol. 6 Live in 1964

Glitterati
April 10th 2005

I reviewed this before I got banned, a few months ago. One of my fav albums of all time.

customfrank
April 21st 2006

I miss George....
I like the way he didn`t hold back on some of the lyrics on this CD.

mansondanzels
March 13th 2010

Man, this is really nostalgic. I remember listening to this in middle school (just recently rediscovered it.)