Hammerfall is a band that is overlooked in the metal community, and Legacy of Kings is their best album ever! This is the one Hammerfall disc I can pop in and listen to without skipping any tracks over.
The members of the band on this album are:
Oscar Dronjak - Gutiar and Backing Vocals
Joacim Cans - Lead Vocals
Stefan Elmgren - Lead Guitar
Magnus Rosen - Bass
Patrik Rafling - Drums
As I always prefer to do, I will give you a track-by-track review...
1. HEEDING THE CALL - Holy hell, what an opener! it kicks right in with a drum beat and then a crushing guitar riff. The chorus is just overwhelming, and has a very war-like feel to it. The chanting by Joacim Cans at 2:35 is great, and then at 3:34 everyone chants that gives an atmospheric feel to the song, until it eventually builds up to the last chorus.
2. LEGACY OF KINGS - The title track to the album is a real headbanger. The guitar riffs in this song are all over the place. This is the song that got me into Hammerfall. The prechorus is chilling, and the chorus is fun to sing along to. Every piece of music is meshed together very well in this song. Definately one of the best Hammerfall songs ever.
3. LET THE HAMMER FALL - This song is not as fast-paced as the last two, but it's just as good. It lacks the intensity and epicness, though. At 2:33 there's another break with chanting, but it's still awesome. The best part is the end when they all say Let the Hammer... FALL! Great song.
4. DREAMLAND - Don't think that because the song is called 'Dreamland' that it will suck. The guitars in the beginning of this song are excellent. Joacim shows you how power metal singing is done in this song. he vocal melodies are uprising, and they make you want to sing along. The chorus is just too much to describe in words. Amazing track on the album.
5. REMEMBER YESTERDAY - This is one of Hammerfall's good ballads. We're given a slow, dreamy guitar riff in the beginning, and then Cans' voice. There's nothing great about this song, but it's not at all bad.
6. AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW - Here's another song that's not fast-paced like their other ones, but this is another phenominal song. The lyrics to this song are well written and well sung. Again, Hammrfall makes you want to sing their chorus with them. A non-skip track.
7. BACK TO BACK - The shortest song on the album is definately one of the best. THis track sort of sounds like 'Legacy of Kings', but you won't get tired of this song. It's just too good.
8. STRONGER THAN ALL - This is probably the weakest song on the album, although I can still listen to this song and not get bored. The chorus, once again, is killer. Other than that, it's sort of the same as the other tracks.
9. WARRIORS OF FAITH - THis is probably my favorite song on the album. I love the guitar riff in the beginning, and the lyrics. There are no faults in this song. Great piece of music.
10. THE FALLEN ONE - Here's another good Hammerfall ballad, although I think it might be better than 'Remember Yesterday'. The piano in the song is great, and the lyrics and singing are almost touching. *tear*
Best Songs on the Album:
HEEDING THE CALL
LEGACY OF KINGS
WARRIORS OF FAITH