Voxtrot
Your Biggest Fan

by Michael Schmitt USER (8 Reviews)
February 4th, 2007 | 3 replies | 2,480 views

Release Date: 2006 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Voxtrot's possibly final EP displays a band at the top of it's game, and will have you drooling for the long-awaited album.

Austin rockers Voxtrot are back with one last EP before heading to studio to record the anticipated debut LP next year. For now though, Your Biggest Fan is a three-song taste of the softer side of a band that’s already shown its ability to master the playful (and vintage sounding) side of indie. "Sway" in particular is a heavily orchestrated ballad that remains somber and respectful, but still carries Voxtrot’s catchy rhythms. "Your Biggest Fan" falls into the playful side of the band’s tunes, yet has some darker lyrics.

"Trouble" is a combination of the two, pushing forward Voxtrot’s trademark vintage and bouncy sound, while also pulling away for soft orchestral exposures. "Understand its a curse / But baby you’ve got trouble in your blood…I never woulda done it / I never woulda slashed my parents’ trust" sings vocalist Ramesh Srivastava in a roller coaster tongue-tier of lyrics. Your Biggest Fan simply throws more credentials and expectations on the heap that Voxtrot has built for their upcoming album, and reassures us that the Austin indie five-some will make it’s mark on pop music.