Less Than Jake
Absolution for Idiots and Addicts

by Mr. Coffee USER (3 Reviews)
January 10th, 2007 | 4 replies

Release Date: 2006 | Tracklist

Well, I guess I won't introduce Less Than Jake for obviously reasons. Here are this guys from Gainesville with this 4-song EP released as a teaser for their upcoming full-lengh In With The Out Crowd. Let's go to the track-by-track.

1.- Overrated (Everything Is)
Here is the album's first single. It's a pretty cool pop-punk tune. It's like a ''fixed'' version of She's Gonna Break Soon from Anthem. It talks about things in life that the singer finds they are overrated, and has a very catchy chorus. The only bad thing about this song is that there are no horns on it.
3.5/5

2.- Negative Sides Of The Optimistic Eyes
This song is really good. Roger's on lead vocals in this punk rock song. Cool bassline, but too simple guitar riffs. But the horns fixes it. After hearing this song you will wonder why this song isn't in the full-lengh.
4.5/

3.- We, The Uninspired
Wow! Old school Less Than Jake! This song is awesome. It seems that the guys listened to Anthem and said "dude, we CAN do better than this". You will remember Pezcore and Losing Streak. Amazing ska-punk song where you will definetly wonder why the hell this song is not on the record.
5/5

4.- The Rest Of My Life
This is a strange song. Is almost a ballad. It's not a bad song, but you'll disappoint after the third track. Second single from the album. About some one who made mistakes in the past and wants to regret.
4/5

In the end, this is a great EP. But not a teaser from In With The Out Crowd. It's a shame that the best songs of this EP are not included on the album, and this notes that Less Than Jake has changed a little bit their sound, more like pop punk than ska.

trustxdialect
January 10th 2007

"Here are this guys from Gainesville with this 4-song EP released as a teaser for their upcoming full-lengh In With The Out Crowd."

"But not a teaser from In With The Out Crowd."

Uh?

Good review otherwise. I guess it's tough to do an overall review on a four track EP.

spoon_of_grimbo
January 11th 2007

pretty good review, EPs are hard to review, so good job.

i think they should have taken "hopeless case" off IWTOC, and put "negative sides of optomistic eyes" and "we, the uninspired", and also "only human" (a b-side) on there. it could have done with being a bit longer anyway.

wakeupdead
January 11th 2007

Pretty good review. It is kind of hard to do a longer review on an EP with 4 songs, so nice job. I vote.

Mr_Coffee
January 11th 2007

Hey trustxdialect, with that I mean that Less Than Jake released the EP as a teaser, but it isn't because the CD isn't as good as the Ep, understand?
Thanks for the comment, anyway ;)