Mastodon
Blood Mountain

by joey2828 USER (2 Reviews)
December 10th, 2006 | 10 replies | 2,421 views

Release Date: 2006 | Tracklist

Mastodon's Blood Mountain is a superb metal album. It's not just metal though. It's progressive metal. Dream Theater, Tool, and more are all progressive metal bands, and those two bands are two of the best bands around. I was searching around for something new, though. Something fresh. I read a magazine article about Mastodon, a metal band from the same state as I, so I downloaded some of their music. I thought "This guy can't sing, but the instrumentation is excellent!" But then I bought Blood Mountain, which is a real mountain from Georgia, and my opinion of this band changed. My first thought was "This guy can actually sing now!!!", and that just made the listening experience even better. If you're a fan of good metal music, then you should quit reading this boring review and go out and buy this record. If you don't like good metal music, or what I would consider good metal music, you should go out and buy some Linkin Park, because I consider Linkin Park as bad metal. Hell, I don't even consider it real metal. But I'll get into that when I review a Linkin Park record, which I might do some time. But not now, because I'm reviewing Mastodon, a better and more talented band. I'm not a fanboy, because no one who has only heard one album of a band is a fanboy. I'm just a fan...right now anyway. One of the greatest things about this album is the superb drummer, Brann Dailor. This guy can play the drums better than Jesus, if Jesus plays drums. I doubt Jesus did, or does play drums, but still, this guy can play. The bassist is a very good bassist, the guitars are good, it's all good! The vocals are better, too. There's great harmony riffs, thrash, and more. It ends too soon though. The actually CD is about 68 minutes, but there's only around 46 minutes of music. The other 20 is just nothing, and around the end, Josh Homme's voice can be heard reading a letter.

Well, I highly recommend picking this up. It's the best metal album in a while. Damn, finally something good! Go out and buy this, you'll love it.

MASTODON "BLOOD MOUNTAIN" - 4/5

joey2828

anyone?

December 10th 2006

Well, your writing is pretty good, but this would be better as a soundoff then a full-length review. You go on about things that you don't need to talk about (Linkin Park), which would be okay if the review was longer, but since it's so short, you shouldn't take up space by talking about your dislike of LP.

Also you didn't describe the music very well. All you really said was "the guitars and bass are good and he can sing and the drums are amazing." Well that's good but you need to go into more detail.

Good job for a first. Try to add a little more detail next time. It was a nice read though. Keep writing.

TheMisterBungle
December 10th 2006

Go over more of what the album sounds like, and try to beef everything up a bit.
I doubt this will get approved dude.
I'm looking forward from hearing more from you though.This Message Edited On 12.10.06

joey2828
December 10th 2006

There's nothing wrong with a short review.

thanks for the tips though

Eliminator

2067 Comments

The weird thing is, this guy actually can't sing now. Unless sounding like a constipated Ozzy Osbourne counts as singing.

Decent album.

Eakflanderyof
December 11th 2006

All I have heard from this band was the first song on this CD entitled The Wolf is Loose. I could hardly make it through the song. I turned it off after the first song was over. The song was just painfully boring and dull throughout. If the first song sounds anything like the rest of the album then I won't look any further into this.

NeverFading14
December 11th 2006

Haha I liked the review. But If I didn't own the cd I would have no idea of what the cd would sound like.

Thor
December 12th 2006

This review kind of sucks.

kyle666
December 12th 2006

I liked it

3TwoCan3
January 22nd 2007

yeh not bad 4 your first review, prob better than my one.