Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Jam Session (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Jam Sessions community thread! (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286952)

Trigger_003 03-28-2005 11:41 PM

:( Owch

Will you just get a temporary singer in or...?

Aes820 03-29-2005 12:04 AM

I don't think so.
We may just have to go on a hiatus until she gets better.

She's opted to have 8 teeth removed.
And my imidiate thought was that doing so was gonna totally ruin the fact that she is really quite attractive. As she ends coming out looking like some yokel from out the back of Bourke. With a big toothless grin.

But as it turns out, those eight teeth she needs to have pulled out are the four wisdom teeth and the four rear most molars. So you really won't be able to notice them gone.
And, having them removed completely will mean that this problem wont happen again, while not affecting her appearance.

I really feel sorry for her. She's been in the wars a bit lately. She was out for a few weeks having her knee reconstructed a while back and she's also had a fair dose of illness too.
Let's hope this is the last of it, she makes a quick recovery and can rejoin us. Back, singing as good as she always has.

gaslight 03-29-2005 12:41 AM

Hope she gets better soon and you guys can rock out again :).

Merkaba 03-29-2005 01:16 AM

Got a website Aes?, i wanna check her..I mean you guys out!
hehe.

moaner 03-29-2005 05:44 AM

/group hug for aes's vocalist

8 teeth out is nasty.

moaner 03-29-2005 05:50 AM

hey aes, i'm going to see mark knopfler, sometime in the middle of my exams.

I take it he puts on a good show then?

Aes820 03-29-2005 04:32 PM

A few of my mates went to see him a few weeks back. They said he was pretty good.

KKKKKocaine 03-30-2005 11:21 AM

w00t. Just got back from the studio.
It went great, 4 tracks in 3 hours, live instrumental with vocal overdubs, then 3 hours 40 minutes mixing and mastering.
We got better results than we expected.

moaner 03-30-2005 11:42 AM

[QUOTE=KKKKKocaine]w00t. Just got back from the studio.
It went great, 4 tracks in 3 hours, live instrumental with vocal overdubs, then 3 hours 40 minutes mixing and mastering.
We got better results than we expected.[/QUOTE]

ewww, live in studio... :lol:

7 hours = about £140?

not bad. You don't always realise how long mixing and mastering takes, do you?

KKKKKocaine 03-30-2005 12:00 PM

[QUOTE=moaner]ewww, live in studio... :lol:

7 hours = about £140?

not bad. You don't always realise how long mixing and mastering takes, do you?[/QUOTE]

The humerous thing is, our live takes in the studio sound better than one by one overdubs done in a local 34 pound an hour studio.
[url]www.purevolume.com/bandagethesehearts[/url]
The only bad things you have to put up with is maybe a small misnote or something else.
It set us back 108 english pounds.

moaner 03-30-2005 12:22 PM

[QUOTE=KKKKKocaine]The humerous thing is, our live takes in the studio sound better than one by one overdubs done in a local 34 pound an hour studio.
[url]www.purevolume.com/bandagethesehearts[/url]
The only bad things you have to put up with is maybe a small misnote or something else.
It set us back 108 english pounds.[/QUOTE]

not egyptian ponds, amirite?

KKKKKocaine 03-30-2005 12:26 PM

[QUOTE=moaner]not egyptian ponds, amirite?[/QUOTE]

No, not dirty egyptian pounds.

I've decided what I'm going to do with my life, I'm getting a digital mixer, setting the stored fader posistions, then putting a woodlouse on each fader and turning it on so they race each other.

moaner 03-30-2005 01:29 PM

[QUOTE=KKKKKocaine]No, not dirty egyptian pounds.

I've decided what I'm going to do with my life, I'm getting a digital mixer, setting the stored fader posistions, then putting a woodlouse on each fader and turning it on so they race each other.[/QUOTE]

my woodlouse > yours

KKKKKocaine 03-30-2005 02:20 PM

[QUOTE=moaner]my woodlouse > yours[/QUOTE]

See you on the finish line chump.

gaslight 03-30-2005 03:31 PM

I hate recording instrument by instrument, I prefer live takes.

moaner 03-30-2005 05:23 PM

[QUOTE=gaslight]I hate recording instrument by instrument, I prefer live takes.[/QUOTE]

it igves a better "feel" but its a nightmare to record.

Trigger_003 04-11-2005 03:11 AM

Jeez guys, I go away for a bit more than a week and nobody makes any posts...
/shakes head

How's everyone's bands etc. going?

gaslight 04-11-2005 03:16 AM

I'm just sitting around waiting for dinner, my band starts practising again soon when the guitarist gets his guitars back from servicing.

I might buy a bass to keep in low tunings, I'm STILL waiting on freaking laptop. I'm starting to get into exercise, and at the moment I'm in phase one: eat a lot.

You?

Trigger_003 04-11-2005 03:24 AM

I've been away on music camp and then I went to Torquay for a week - loads of surfing (5 hours straight one day) :thumb:.

So yeah, the orchestra I went on camp with is going pretty sweet and we've got loads of new pieces... still waiting for practise copies to arrive though :(.
The other bands I'm in haven't really done much these holidays because everyone has been/is away.

Sounds good about the exercise stuff - that first phase is so tough though... :p.

moaner 04-11-2005 03:38 AM

I've decided i hate the guitar forum and if i ever go back there it'll probably just be to say goodbye.

gaslight 04-11-2005 03:42 AM

Well I hear it's a good idea to bulk up before you try to get any definition.

The guitar forum, eh, there are some good guys but there are so many arrogant wankers.

moaner 04-11-2005 04:02 AM

[QUOTE=gaslight]Well I hear it's a good idea to bulk up before you try to get any definition.

The guitar forum, eh, there are some good guys but there are so many arrogant wankers.[/QUOTE]

tell me about it.

plus, its totally dominated by shred-heads who think there's nothing more to a good peice of music than fast guitar. it really grinds on me.

KKKKKocaine 04-11-2005 10:52 AM

[QUOTE=Trigger_003]Jeez guys, I go away for a bit more than a week and nobody makes any posts...
/shakes head

How's everyone's bands etc. going?[/QUOTE]

Bands going well, E.P. recorded, new website on the way, only bad thing is one out of the 4 gigs this month got canelled. But oh well.

[QUOTE] I'm starting to get into exercise, and at the moment I'm in phase one: eat a lot.[/QUOTE]

Depends how much you weigh already really?

gaslight 04-11-2005 03:34 PM

Haha, I'm really skinny at the moment. Like in the 120/140 pounds region or 70kg depending on your system.

KKKKKocaine 04-11-2005 03:36 PM

[QUOTE=gaslight]Haha, I'm really skinny at the moment. Like in the 120/140 pounds region or 70kg depending on your system.[/QUOTE]

I think you'd be in the 140ish region, I'm 60.5kg and I think that's 133lbs.

Aes820 04-11-2005 04:31 PM

My vocalist in my acoustic 3 piece is going in to have some dental work done next weekend. She might be out of it for a week or so after that, but I'm still keen to get back into jamming and keep playing songs when she gets better.

My other band is having trobles. We havent heard from our (notoriously unreliable) drummer for several weeks. And we cant get in contact with him.
We called around last night to find out what was going on and it turns out that he has decided to leave the band.
Without even telling us.
So.. that's us then. I guess we'll have to find a new drummer.

Kingofdudes 04-11-2005 07:50 PM

Im sure you guys dont want yet another thread on "What should I buy?" so I thought I would ask quickly in here. I am looking into getting into recording, and I am wondering if [url=http://www.wwbw.com/Zoom-MRS4B-Digital-Recorder-i149332.music]this[/url] is any good.

airborne50caliber 04-12-2005 10:30 AM

ive heard zoom is crap, but that thing itself doesen't look too bad

Kingofdudes 04-12-2005 02:45 PM

/me pumps life into Jam session thread

Care to recommend anything else?

KKKKKocaine 04-13-2005 05:13 AM

[QUOTE=Gilmour]Im sure you guys dont want yet another thread on "What should I buy?" so I thought I would ask quickly in here. I am looking into getting into recording, and I am wondering if [url=http://www.wwbw.com/Zoom-MRS4B-Digital-Recorder-i149332.music]this[/url] is any good.[/QUOTE]

You'll need an external mixer with it. It doesn't have many inputs or a good e.q. section, but a mixer like a behringer ub1202 would fix that.

Our bands slowly been climbing up the soundclick other alt chart.
From 500 -> 140 -> 132 -> 87 -> Today at 41
:cool: