Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archives (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Love and Relationships Thread, no spam allowed (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442593)

IPolkaLikeThis! 02-14-2006 11:36 PM

[QUOTE=Wizard.]Jom, please don't like, ban or anything for this post. i like this guy. :(

[SIZE="1"]Psst gregg, don't spam. <.<[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Sorry about the spam. I roffled at that word really hard. <3 at Jom for saying it. Banhammer. :smash:

So yeah, I have known my boyfriend for a few years now, and we were hung out here and there, and this last december, we bumped into eachother at the mall, and started talking, and kinda hit it off, but at the time, i was still getting over my exgirlfriend, so i wasnt looking for a relationship. He was though, so he stayed by me and helped me get over her.

I know I love him as a friend, and I think I am starting to really love him. I can talk to him for hours about everything and nothing at the same time. He is a great guy, but every time I start feel good about a relationship, something bad will happen.

Jom 02-14-2006 11:36 PM

Okay guys, can we cool it with the spam? I'm admittedly having one of the absolute worst past three hours or so just now, and I don't want to look like I'm taking it out on you guys at all, but really, you guys can honestly improve.

So, please, that's all I ask. Don't push it.

Thanks.

Tillius 02-14-2006 11:37 PM

[QUOTE=Chaindrive]I just told Jom if he changes my colors again I'm gonna move in with him.

Just deserts.

Dammit.[/QUOTE]
:upset:

[quote=Jom]Okay guys, can we cool it with the spam? I'm admittedly having one of the absolute worst past three hours or so just now, and I don't want to look like I'm taking it out on you guys at all, but really, you guys can honestly improve.

Thanks.[/quote]
What's wrong?

~grif~ 02-14-2006 11:41 PM

[QUOTE=Ibasslikethis!]
So yeah, I have known my boyfriend for a few years now, and we were hung out here and there, and this last december, we bumped into eachother at the mall, and started talking, and kinda hit it off, but at the time, i was still getting over my exgirlfriend, so i wasnt looking for a relationship. He was though, so he stayed by me and helped me get over her.

I know I love him as a friend, and I think I am starting to really love him. I can talk to him for hours about everything and nothing at the same time. He is a great guy, but every time I start feel good about a relationship, something bad will happen.[/QUOTE]
male or female?
bisexual?

something bad will happen how?

i smoked 4 cigarettes just there - wtf.

but do go on.

Jom 02-14-2006 11:42 PM

I appreciate the concern, but it's not the end of the world for me, it's just stuff that I really don't feel up to addressing right now because a) it's unresolved, b) I don't want to speculate, and c) it's just not something I'd be up to sharing at this point right now. It's just that a lot of things piled up when they shouldn't have and the proverbial dam broke and I'm metaphorically drowning in my own mistakes.

It's no big thing, I'm sure the sun will rise tomorrow.

Tillius 02-14-2006 11:44 PM

[QUOTE=Jom]I appreciate the concern, but it's not the end of the world for me, it's just stuff that I really don't feel up to addressing right now because a) it's unresolved, b) I don't want to speculate, and c) it's just not something I'd be up to sharing at this point right now. It's just that a lot of things piled up when they shouldn't have and the proverbial dam broke and I'm metaphorically drowning in my own mistakes.

It's no big thing, I'm sure the sun will rise tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Well, I hope everything works out for ya, man.

Guys, stop the spam, you're pissing off the upset mod. He could ban all of you if he chose to.

/may have contributed some spam

But yeah, hope everything works out for the better with you Jom.

Chaindrive 02-14-2006 11:45 PM

Gregg is bi, Kev.

He is 18 and James (his boyfriend) is 22.

I think there is a lot of potential there for a really great relationship.

James took off (cleared it with his boss) today for a few hours to be with Gregg for Valentine's Day. I think that's awesome.

comptonassrobert 02-14-2006 11:46 PM

[QUOTE=Jom]Okay guys, can we cool it with the spam? I'm admittedly having one of the absolute worst past three hours or so just now, and I don't want to look like I'm taking it out on you guys at all, but really, you guys can honestly improve.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Jom-dawg, I'll chiggity chill it =/

What happened, if you don't mind me asking

EDIT: I hope that isn't considered spam, since we're in the relationships thread

IPolkaLikeThis! 02-14-2006 11:50 PM

[QUOTE=~grif~]male or female?
bisexual?

something bad will happen how?

i smoked 4 cigarettes just there - wtf.

but do go on.[/QUOTE]
i am a bisexual male.

I dont know, I think it is just that every serious relationship I have been in, other than one, has started out great, and then all of a sudden, we get in a fight, and that starts a chain reaction that happens really fast and ends all chance of love.

Example. Me and my ex girfriend plan to go to her sister's wedding, and a week before the trip, some family problems come up, and i cant make it to the wedding, and then she comes out, and says that she has been blindly following her heart, and while she loves me, she doesnt have time for me, and that she needs space, and then says she doesnt love me the way she used to. POOF, one thing comes up, and starts a chan reaction and blows up all chance of continueing love.

So yeah, I am kinda afraid of something that may or may not happen.

Chaindrive 02-14-2006 11:54 PM

[QUOTE=comptonassrobert]Sorry Jom-dawg, I'll chiggity chill it =/

What happened, if you don't mind me asking

EDIT: I hope that isn't considered spam, since we're in the relationships thread[/QUOTE]

It's probably something he doesn't want to talk about at the moment...

It's just some stupid [size=2]s[/size]hit that happens sometimes...

That will be okay, eventually.

I am his mouthpiece...as you might be able to tell...:p

~grif~ 02-14-2006 11:56 PM

[QUOTE=Chaindrive]Gregg is bi, Kev.

He is 18 and James (his boyfriend) is 22.

I think there is a lot of potential there for a really great relationship.

James took off (cleared it with his boss) today for a few hours to be with Gregg for Valentine's Day. I think that's awesome.[/QUOTE]
oh i see.

That sounds pretty cool - cares enough for you to do such a thing, i say give it a go - but dont know the whole picture.

After now writing my long letter to Sierra i am going to go to bed. It is 6am. o m g.

[quote=Ibasslikethis!]
i am a bisexual male.

I dont know, I think it is just that every serious relationship I have been in, other than one, has started out great, and then all of a sudden, we get in a fight, and that starts a chain reaction that happens really fast and ends all chance of love.

Example. Me and my ex girfriend plan to go to her sister's wedding, and a week before the trip, some family problems come up, and i cant make it to the wedding, and then she comes out, and says that she has been blindly following her heart, and while she loves me, she doesnt have time for me, and that she needs space, and then says she doesnt love me the way she used to. POOF, one thing comes up, and starts a chan reaction and blows up all chance of continueing love.[/quote]

Well every relationship if you begin one would start out great, but if its not meant to be - something bad will bump it and all of it just an excuse to go down hill.
If you are willing, you should go for it - and if it dose get a bump along the way well like Kim said to me, it happens and lifes a bitch. Only way to find out is to go for it and if it works it works basically.

[quote=comptonassrobert]
Sorry Jom-dawg, I'll chiggity chill it =/

What happened, if you don't mind me asking[/quote]

talking about off topic things like color and stuff and we kept going on about it. Enough said really.

G'night lads.

Tiger 02-14-2006 11:57 PM

[QUOTE=Chaindrive]
I am his mouthpiece...as you might be able to tell...:p[/QUOTE]

You're the one who everyone blows to make him make noise? :confused:

comptonassrobert 02-15-2006 12:02 AM

[QUOTE=Chaindrive]It's probably something he doesn't want to talk about at the moment...

That will be okay, eventually.

I am his mouthpiece...as you might be able to tell...:p[/QUOTE]

Ohh, lo siento. Hope all works out fantastically =]

Alright now, I've been with my girlfriend for about two years, but for the last month or so we've been on a "break." Now, this was initiated by me because I had a lot of stuff going on at the moment that really wouldn't allow me to have a girlfriend. Bug after this month, I'm really enjoying the freedom to experiment with other women. I still don't have time for a full relationship, but I don't know, I like he freedom. I know it sounds pretty selfish, but what do you all think?

Chaindrive 02-15-2006 12:03 AM

[QUOTE=Tiger]You're the one who everyone blows to make him make noise? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Uh, no?

Tiger 02-15-2006 12:05 AM

[QUOTE=Chaindrive]Uh, no?[/QUOTE]

You never get on AIM, Im all alone at this hour and thats when I get in to trouble.

I suffered heartbreak today.

Chaindrive 02-15-2006 12:08 AM

[QUOTE=comptonassrobert]Ohh, lo siento. Hope all works out fantastically =]

Alright now, I've been with my girlfriend for about two years, but for the last month or so we've been on a "break." Now, this was initiated by me because I had a lot of stuff going on at the moment that really wouldn't allow me to have a girlfriend. Bug after this month, I'm really enjoying the freedom to experiment with other women. I still don't have time for a full relationship, but I don't know, I like he freedom. I know it sounds pretty selfish, but what do you all think?[/QUOTE]

Go with it. It' not selfish at all...

Chaindrive 02-15-2006 12:13 AM

[QUOTE=Tiger]You never get on AIM, Im all alone at this hour and thats when I get in to trouble.

I suffered heartbreak today.[/QUOTE]

K. I'm there.

comptonassrobert 02-15-2006 12:19 AM

[QUOTE=Chaindrive]Go with it. It' not selfish at all...[/QUOTE]

You think so? You don't think it'd be a little unfair to my semi-girlfriend?

Special Brew 02-15-2006 12:19 AM

[QUOTE=comptonassrobert]Ohh, lo siento. Hope all works out fantastically =]

Alright now, I've been with my girlfriend for about two years, but for the last month or so we've been on a "break." Now, this was initiated by me because I had a lot of stuff going on at the moment that really wouldn't allow me to have a girlfriend. Bug after this month, I'm really enjoying the freedom to experiment with other women. I still don't have time for a full relationship, but I don't know, I like he freedom. I know it sounds pretty selfish, but what do you all think?[/QUOTE]
Even though it still sounds kind of wrong im my own opinion, I still think it's much better you experimented now that you have the right to do so, rather than cheating on this girl if you two got back together. Curiosity would've eventually gotten the better of you.

Wait, by "break" do you both acknowledge that you are both allowed to see other people in this time?

Chaindrive 02-15-2006 12:26 AM

[QUOTE=comptonassrobert]You think so? You don't think it'd be a little unfair to my semi-girlfriend?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. Not at all.

Jom 02-15-2006 08:29 AM

[QUOTE=Chaindrive]It's probably something he doesn't want to talk about at the moment...

That will be okay, eventually.[/quote]

Even aside from the one thing I['ve] talked to you about, other things are a bit off, and it's starting to snowball/avalanche/insert cold metaphor here.

Last night didn't really help matters, but yeah, that will work itself out eventually.

As for everything else, I really don't know.

[quote]I am his mouthpiece...as you might be able to tell...:p[/QUOTE]

So long as that mouthpiece doesn't sell me out, heh.

Chaindrive 02-15-2006 10:06 AM

[QUOTE=Jom]Even aside from the one thing I['ve] talked to you about, other things are a bit off, and it's starting to snowball/avalanche/insert cold metaphor here.

Last night didn't really help matters, but yeah, that will work itself out eventually.

As for everything else, I really don't know.

So long as that mouthpiece doesn't sell me out, heh.[/QUOTE]

Never, ever, ever.

Adm1R 02-15-2006 02:26 PM

How do you say "leave me alone" in a nice way?

Well see i have this friend and she is cool and so on, but suddenly she falls in love with me. In the start i thaught that wouldent be a problem, but it was. Now she follows me around every where i go. To partys, the movie theater, every time i try to score, she disturbes me.

So once again how do you say it in a nice way, cuz she is a GheTtO white drama queen.

Chaindrive 02-15-2006 02:29 PM

[QUOTE=Adm1R]How do you say "leave me alone" in a nice way?

Well see i have this friend and she is cool and so on, but suddenly she falls in love with me. In the start i thaught that wouldent be a problem, but it was. Now she follows me around every where i go. To partys, the movie theater, every time i try to score, she disturbes me.

So once again how do you say it in a nice way, cuz she is a GheTtO white drama queen.[/QUOTE]

You tell her you're not interested, politely.

Adm1R 02-15-2006 02:34 PM

[quote=Chaindrive]You tell her you're not interested, politely.[/quote]
As i said she is a drama queen, and to be honest i find it pretty hard, she would probably get mad. I've tried to ignore her, but it dosent work :angry:

Chaindrive 02-15-2006 02:35 PM

[QUOTE=Adm1R]As i said she is a drama queen, and to be honest i find it pretty hard, she would probably get mad. I've tried to ignore her, but it dosent work :angry:[/QUOTE]

The thing is, she's not going to go away unless you tell her to go away.

Adm1R 02-15-2006 02:37 PM

[quote=Chaindrive]The thing is, she's not going to go away unless you tell her to go away.[/quote]
True, im planing to say it tomorow to a party where im pretty drunk, so if she gets mad i'll be like "i was drunk ya kno'?"

alexmonty12 02-15-2006 02:40 PM

[QUOTE=Adm1R]True, im planing to say it tomorow to a party where im pretty drunk, so if she gets mad i'll be like "i was drunk ya kno'?"[/QUOTE]and then she'll go back to following you again, probably. There's no way of breaking bad news to a "ghetto white drama queen" without her getting mad.

Chaindrive 02-15-2006 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=alexmonty12]and then she'll go back to following you again, probably. There's no way of breaking bad news to a "ghetto white drama queen" without her getting mad.[/QUOTE]

And, who cares if she gets mad as long as she goes away.

FVG27 02-15-2006 04:17 PM

Another chapter in Emily's book for you all.
So anychow, I've been going out with this guy for about... a month almost. Now he's lovely and nice and sweet and everything... but I just can't help but feel the 'spark', shall we say, just isn't there. We go to different schools, and I don't really miss him when he's not around. I don't ever really feel like making the effort to talk to him. It sounds awful I know but I'm wondering if I should keep going and maybe something will happen. When I'm with him everything is fine and dandy but there's no strong feelings. I don't walk around wishing I was with him or doodle little hearts on my hand (typical girlie things to do, I know). It could be me, since my past few relationships have gone quite spectacularly wrong I've been kind of going through a don't-get-attached-to-anyone/anthing mindset. I'm also uncomfortable with the fact that he likes me a lot more than I like him (apparently he's had a crush on me since basically when we met at the beginning of november) he told me he loved me a couple of weeks ago and I was just like *giggle giggle* aww how sweet (trying to avoid it). And my emotions are a bit of a fluster. My mum has just admitted to me that she's started smoking again (she gave up about 7 years ago) which has left me really disappointed in her.
What should I do? Should I carry on hoping that feelings may suddenly appear (I feel lucky to find a guy like him. He's attractive, sweet, and I'm seriously unpopular arund here, so to get any male attention is a miracle it itself) or should I tell him straight that I just don't feel the same way?