Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archives (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Love and Relationships Thread, no spam allowed (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442593)

all tomorrow's parties 02-09-2006 08:39 AM

My sister told me about a friend of hers and she sounds really cool so I asked her to invite her to my elder sister's 21st in a month. First of all, they're not really close so it might seem a bit weird if she invites her and not her other friends. And she has a boyfriend. The boyfriend is a wanker and he's cheated on her twice so I don't care about that. I think she's really good looking. My sister said she's ok, but I don't really care if she isn't. My sister's not wanting to invite her because of those two reasons (her bf is a friend of hers). So do you guys think it'd be creepy if she invited her?

kurrpt 02-09-2006 08:57 AM

there are definitely ways she could broach the subject that would make it less awkward

RIP Ian Curtis 02-09-2006 10:31 AM

Revolt, sucks to be you, that's pretty close to the situation in which my engagement ended, except I got replaced at the end of it (sucks to be me). From what you say (and I hope you forgive me for this) your girl sounds like a manipulative hell-bitch (like 98% of women), if what you posted is all the truth, I'd get rid of her before something really bad happens. I know it sounds harsh, but manipulative girls will f'uck you around long after they leave you, and they do it on purpose, and they don't stop doing it. A mate of mine's ex is still doing it to him, and it's 8 months on and he's got a new woman. Every month or so this evil she-bitch gives him another reason to try and kill himself. Hell, my ex-fiance is the same, she's the reason I hate all women.

lil_drummer_girl 02-09-2006 10:38 AM

Jared, this is the best advice I can give you- never take love advice from your ex.

Tillius 02-09-2006 10:43 AM

[QUOTE=all tomorrow's parties]My sister told me about a friend of hers and she sounds really cool so I asked her to invite her to my elder sister's 21st in a month. First of all, they're not really close so it might seem a bit weird if she invites her and not her other friends. And she has a boyfriend. The boyfriend is a wanker and he's cheated on her twice so I don't care about that. I think she's really good looking. My sister said she's ok, but I don't really care if she isn't. My sister's not wanting to invite her because of those two reasons (her bf is a friend of hers). So do you guys think it'd be creepy if she invited her?[/QUOTE]
I don't think it would be creepy at all.

skingle 02-09-2006 11:40 AM

Jared. I suggest you tell your ex that you are there for her and then give her some space. If anything you say gets thrown back in your face then its not worth saying anything. IMO.

About asking your ex for advice, I don't know her but she could be jealous of you and your relationship? and just giving you advice to split up with her because she is jealous?

Perroquet Magique 02-09-2006 01:07 PM

Hmm, what do you say if a friend tells you that his/her relative has passed away...

Just 'I'm sorry' doesn't sound comforting enough, but won't all that 'think of all the good times you had' stuff make them upset?

Chaindrive 02-09-2006 01:13 PM

[QUOTE=Perroquet Magique]Hmm, what do you say if a friend tells you that his/her relative has passed away...

Just 'I'm sorry' doesn't sound comforting enough, but won't all that 'think of all the good times you had' stuff make them upset?[/QUOTE]

"I'm sorry; is there anything I can do?" is perfectly fine to say.

Perroquet Magique 02-09-2006 01:26 PM

[QUOTE=Chaindrive]"I'm sorry; is there anything I can do?" is perfectly fine to say.[/QUOTE]
Ok, thanks very much. :)

Tillius 02-09-2006 02:11 PM

[QUOTE=Chaindrive]"I'm sorry; is there anything I can do?" is perfectly fine to say.[/QUOTE]
Or, "I'm sorry. If you need anybody to talk to, I'll be here."
Or, "I'm sorry. I hope you pull through."

Revolt! 02-09-2006 02:11 PM

[QUOTE=Tillius]Or, "I'm sorry. If you need anybody to talk to, I'll be here."
Or, "I'm sorry. I hope you pull through."[/QUOTE]

Or, "I'm sorry. Sucks to be you."

thunderzstruck 02-09-2006 02:30 PM

this doesnt have to do with love and stuff but its the only place i can vent

So today in a class we had to perform a piece of music that we have been writing for a while. Well, I was fine with doing it and all but one problem is I strained my wrist really bad yesterday. So then to make it WORSE ANOTHER class says they want to hear us so they sit in and watch.

Well with our song it begins and ends with a guitar part I write and play. Well I'm in pain the whole time of playing so then I get ****in nervous because of it. I **** up REALLY bad to the point that it isn't even the same. I'm a nervous wreck and my wrist is KILLING me

So then we ended and wow.. I can't believe what has just happened. It wasn't even audible of what I was playing. Now 30+ kids are now going to remember this for a looong time. And everyone excpet the people in my band knows why I did so bad (wrist) everyone else probabaly thought I was just extremely overly nervous.

GODDAMNIT

Tillius 02-09-2006 02:31 PM

[QUOTE=thunderzstruck]this doesnt have to do with love and stuff but its the only place i can vent

So today in a class we had to perform a piece of music that we have been writing for a while. Well, I was fine with doing it and all but one problem is I strained my wrist really bad yesterday. So then to make it WORSE ANOTHER class says they want to hear us so they sit in and watch.

Well with our song it begins and ends with a guitar part I write and play. Well I'm in pain the whole time of playing so then I get ****in nervous because of it. I **** up REALLY bad to the point that it isn't even the same. I'm a nervous wreck and my wrist is KILLING me

So then we ended and wow.. I can't believe what has just happened. It wasn't even audible of what I was playing. Now 30+ kids are now going to remember this for a looong time. And everyone excpet the people in my band knows why I did so bad (wrist) everyone else probabaly thought I was just extremely overly nervous.

GODDAMNIT[/QUOTE]
Why didn't you just say that you were in pain and couldn't play?

Revolt! 02-09-2006 02:31 PM

Hey good news guys. Lela finally answered her phone and while she's still kind of pissed, she's understanding of where I was coming from last night and things are back on the up and up.

Though this recent bout of depression seems to have triggered the return of my schizophrenia and I'm in desperate need of chronic to get it back under control, I'm doing better.

thunderzstruck 02-09-2006 02:32 PM

[QUOTE=Tillius]Why didn't you just say that you were in pain and couldn't play?[/QUOTE]

I thought I would be able to pull through it maybe...

I thought wrong.

Tillius 02-09-2006 02:32 PM

[QUOTE=Revolt!]Hey good news guys. Lela finally answered her phone and while she's still kind of pissed, she's understanding of where I was coming from last night and things are back on the up and up.

Though this recent bout of depression seems to have triggered the return of my schizophrenia and I'm in desperate need of chronic to get it back under control, I'm doing better.[/QUOTE]
Congrats.

Say no to chronic.:thumb:

The Fonz 02-09-2006 02:35 PM

k, so if you remember that girl i was talking about in L&R v.II, i think im gonna sk her out today, whats the most casual way to do it, like, with a date still implied.
or should i just go the way of "you wanna hang out this weekend?"

Tillius 02-09-2006 02:37 PM

[QUOTE=Guns'n'Zeppelin023]k, so if you remember that girl i was talking about in L&R v.II, i think im gonna sk her out today, whats the most casual way to do it, like, with a date still implied.
or should i just go the way of "you wanna hang out this weekend?"[/QUOTE]
Just go up to her, talk to her a bit, and when you're about to go away, just say, "So, would you be interested in doing something this weekend?"

The Fonz 02-09-2006 02:40 PM

[QUOTE=Tillius]Just go up to her, talk to her a bit, and when you're about to go away, just say, "So, would you be interested in doing something this weekend?"[/QUOTE]

aight yo, ain't dat da wa 2 go. dat ill get dat womin 2 go ot wit mi.

I'm so white. :upset:

me: so, umm, do you wanna go out sometiime?(its cool if you don't)
her um
her: well
her: kris and i did jsut break up
her: and i'm not really readyy yett
me: ayyyyy, no problem
her: yeah
me: yeah, alright, well, in a few weeks, ill try again

I'll make this a learning experience, what did i do wrong(not that i "failed", it wasnt a no, but you know")

Chaindrive 02-09-2006 02:42 PM

[QUOTE=Guns'n'Zeppelin023]aight yo, ain't dat da wa 2 go. dat ill get dat womin 2 go ot wit mi.

I'm so white. :upset:[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Stephanie 02-09-2006 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=thunderzstruck]

goddamn mind playing whores[/QUOTE]
Thats just exactly it.
And you got sucked into her game.

Tillius 02-09-2006 02:44 PM

[QUOTE=Guns'n'Zeppelin023]aight yo, ain't dat da wa 2 go. dat ill get dat womin 2 go ot wit mi.

I'm so white. :upset:[/QUOTE]
Umm, yeah.

B 02-09-2006 03:41 PM

I want to ask this girl out, but I just can't seem to ask her. Not like on a date, but like to go steady or whatever. Everytime I go to ask her I just can't seem to force it out. But I don't want it to just be me saying "would oyu go out with me" or anything, I kind of want it to be sweet. I may have to just force it out though, because I can't seem to get it out at all. This isn't really something anyone can help with. I'm just kind of typing it out.

Chaindrive 02-09-2006 04:06 PM

[QUOTE=Fire Whispers]I want to ask this girl out, but I just can't seem to ask her. Not like on a date, but like to go steady or whatever. Everytime I go to ask her I just can't seem to force it out. But I don't want it to just be me saying "would oyu go out with me" or anything, I kind of want it to be sweet. I may have to just force it out though, because I can't seem to get it out at all. This isn't really something anyone can help with. I'm just kind of typing it out.[/QUOTE]

Can you write her a note?

Tillius 02-09-2006 04:08 PM

I'm so white. :upset:

me: so, umm, do you wanna go out sometiime?(its cool if you don't)
her um
her: well
her: kris and i did jsut break up
her: and i'm not really readyy yett
me: ayyyyy, no problem
her: yeah
me: yeah, alright, well, in a few weeks, ill try again

I'll make this a learning experience, what did i do wrong(not that i "failed", it wasnt a no, but you know")[/QUOTE]
This actually HAPPENED?

Vitriolic Rage 02-09-2006 04:16 PM

[QUOTE=pohl_56]Ya just gotta forget her. Hard but has to happen.

[/QUOTE]
That's right

B 02-09-2006 04:17 PM

[QUOTE=Chaindrive]Can you write her a note?[/QUOTE]
I would.. but I don't know.. writing a note seems like I'd be wussing out of doing it in person.

El Coyote 02-09-2006 04:17 PM

[QUOTE=Tillius]Congrats.

Say no to chronic.:thumb:[/QUOTE]

You know I would, except I enjoy smoking it and it makes my crazyness subdue.

Loch Tess Monster 02-09-2006 04:18 PM

[QUOTE=Revolt!]
Though this recent bout of depression seems to have triggered the return of my schizophrenia and I'm in desperate need of chronic to get it back under control, I'm doing better.[/QUOTE]
: /

Do you see a psychiatrist for your schizophrenia or take medication or anything besides getting high all the time?

El Coyote 02-09-2006 04:18 PM

[QUOTE=Tess-Tube Baby]: /

Do you see a psychiatrist for your schizophrenia or take medication or anything besides getting high all the time?[/QUOTE]

I was on several medications in the army, none of which were continued after I came home.