Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archives (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Love and Relationships Thread, no spam allowed (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442593)

Junooni 03-24-2006 01:17 AM

If she finds out through other people that you've liked her for a long time, then she'll probably understand that you didn't say anything for a reason, and most likely will appreciate that.

Jom 03-24-2006 07:49 AM

[QUOTE=Chaindrive]Okay, just stand down. Let her do it.[/QUOTE]

He has already. LESS THAN A WEEK AFTER THEY MET.

Uhn tiss uhn tiss uhn tiss, oh, baby!

Haha :p

nobodyblossomsforever 03-24-2006 08:24 AM

Hey, just here to post that I feel like a complete da, because like you guys said, there are plenty more fish in the sea, and I just didn't want to listen.

WELL...

I've met this girl named Elyse Clark, and she is the funniest and one of the nicest girls I ever met. She's on the internet all the time, like me, loves most of the music I like, and she is so beautiful, that I take one look at her and my body goes numb. OF COURSE, she already has a boyfriend, and has had him before I knew her, but from what she's told me, they rarely ever hang out or anything, and she's tired of it. It sounds like she may be ready to dump him, and she's told me that she thinks I'm real cute and fun, and that she really wants to hang out with me more and get to know me better, and I can't be more happier right now.

Just thought I'd let you guys know, and thanks for convincing me that there are indeed more fish in the sea.

:):):):) (IM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!)

Jom 03-24-2006 08:25 AM

Congratulations, dude! :)

Elyse is a pretty name.

nobodyblossomsforever 03-24-2006 08:30 AM

Wish me the best man, I really want this to work out.

Chrysostom 03-24-2006 11:19 AM

[QUOTE=Jom](wooooo @ mySpace bulletins)[/QUOTE]

Damn, that was a myspace bulletin? :(

Chaindrive 03-24-2006 11:21 AM

All the best, dude. Let us know how it progresses.

Chrysostom 03-24-2006 11:24 AM

[QUOTE=blatherskite]Wouldst Thou grant me somewhere between two and a thousand pardons for such a malogamous oversight?...[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm duly noted.

[SIZE="1"]Kimmie, what's the deal? He's like some kind of bipedal satanic thesaurus?![/SIZE]

Chaindrive 03-24-2006 11:27 AM

Pretty much.

*sigh*

Chrysostom 03-24-2006 11:29 AM

[QUOTE=Chaindrive]Pretty much.

*sigh*[/QUOTE]

Ha ha, it gets to you too eh? Does he talk this way in actual conversations?

Chaindrive 03-24-2006 11:44 AM

No. He's very articulate and concise. And usually not arrogant.

Rasta Rocker 03-24-2006 02:59 PM

So tonight's our school dance (not prom). I'm gonna ask Julia out. I'm planning on her saying no, but I'm pessimistic. Hope everythings going well for everyone

Chaindrive 03-24-2006 03:29 PM

Good luck with that.

Tillius 03-24-2006 04:33 PM

[QUOTE=Rasta Rockerstat3]So tonight's our school dance (not prom). I'm gonna ask Julia out. I'm planning on her saying no, but I'm pessimistic. Hope everythings going well for everyone[/QUOTE]
I think it's always in our heads that the girl is going to say no. I'm sure she'll say eys. I have faith.:thumb:

/realizes how long it's been since I've posted in here.
Wow.

Rasta Rocker 03-24-2006 05:13 PM

Thanks guys, I'm leaving now to go pick her up. I might be on late tonight, depends on what she says. Adios

The Fonz 03-24-2006 05:23 PM

i havent posted in forever. I've been busy with stuff.

So, anything big i should know about?

For me, I'm planning on asking out a girl from my englisgh class this weekend. I'll see how it goes, and tell you guys.

Not L&R but, this sat. and for the next three. I'll be at the Y all day, training to be a lifeguard, so i can have a cool summer job.

Jom 03-24-2006 05:25 PM

[QUOTE=Chaindrive]No. He's very articulate and concise. And usually not arrogant.[/QUOTE]

Bulllllllllllllllllshi[font=verdana]t[/font]tttttttttttttttttt...

[quote=Strongbad]Wish me the best man, I really want this to work out.[/quote]

Good luck, homie :)

The Fonz 03-24-2006 05:40 PM

[QUOTE=Strongbad]Wish me the best man, I really want this to work out.[/QUOTE]

Nice going. Good luck with it.

Btw, your avatar gives me the heebie jeebies :upset:

Jo Shoe Wah 03-24-2006 06:13 PM

Hey guys i have two things id like to say, apologies in advance for length:

Firstly, my friend is friends with this girl who he has never actually met, but they talk over msn all the time, and we both believe she has become obssessed with him. Problem is, he doesn't feel the same way back, and she knows that he likes someone else.

She keeps throwing out alot of hints, i don't know if she realises it or not, but she says stuff like, the guy i like would never go out with me its too awkward he lives too far away and i already know he likes someone else.

She brings this topic up with him alot, and seems to dwell on it, now my friend is usually the person she goes to talk to for support and stuff like that, and shes told him before people who shes interested in, but wont now even though it cant possibly be anyone that he knows personally.

So we are pretty sure he is the one shes talking about, but like i said he doesn't feel the same back. How can he let her know this and not hurt her feelings at the same time. "If he just went straight out and said, i know your talking about me, and sorry but i don't feel the same", she would probably act like it wasn't him.

Any ideas?

Secondly, this is an issue with my mum. We get into big fights alot, during the holidays she was trying to sell her laptop on ebay, and i was out here trying to help her set it up. After about half an hour, i told her,"i've never used ebay before and don't know what im doing, maybe you should get a friend to help you set it up". She starts getting pissed off with me and saying i was lying and just, didn't want to help her. :rolleyes:

Needless to say, it ended in us getting in a big fight and her yelling at me, and kicking me out of the house for the night, i ended up sleeping wandering around my neighbourhood for about an hour in the rain, and was only wearing jeans and a tshirt, and had to sleep around the back of a classroom at my old primary school.

Then just a week ago, my brother is caught trying to break into a store with a friend by the police, they picked him up and brought him back here. My mum was pretty pissed off with him, especially once the police told her he'd been caught stealing from a shopping complex near us a few months back. But she just yelled at him for like 10 mins, told him to go to bed (it was 11:30pm anyway) then when they woke up she complained about having no sleep last night. That was the end of it all, haven't heard a thing about it since and that afternoon, they were both happily watching tv together.

Then 2 days ago, i got home from school, i'd left the computer on all day because i was downloading something. So i asked my mum (who was sitting at the computer) how long she'd been using it and if shed turned the computer off at all. She proceeds to get insanely pissed off at me, and complains about the house being a "pigsty" and told me to clean things up, so i started picking up the guitar strings lying on the ground, and cleaning up the other general mess.

While im cleaning the kitchen bench and stacking dishwasher, she comes out and says,

Mum: "besides why do you want to use the computer anyway"
Me:"i have a few assessments to be doing"
Mum: "oh so just suddenly out of the blue all these assignments pop up out of nowhere"
Me: " Mum, im in senior high school, i constantly get assessments and homework what don't you understand about that?

She continues to get pissed off with me, goes to rip out the phone line thing for the internet, and i started yelling back that i need to use the internet tonight to do these assessment tasks. She says she doesnt care, "oh so you dont care if i don't complete my education?", " If you wanna do your homework then go to a library.

The nearest library to me is 30km away and im only 16 so i cant drive there. Anyway, she grabs the internet cable, starts to walk upstairs to her bedroom, (she always does this, shell have an argument, then once she says everything she wants to say, she'll go upstairs and that'll be the end. I wont get a chance to say anything). So i stood in the doorway and told her she wasnt gunna just walk out on this argument this time,

Mum: "oh so are you gunna hit me now"
Me: :eek: "do i look like im going to hit you?..have i ever hit you before?"

I stood aside and she pushes past me then starts yelling at me to get out, and throws my bag outside. So i walk towards the door knocking a chair over on the way, and left. I was gone for about 4 hours and when i came back, i got a phonecall from my dad who lives in another state. He says my mum claims that i was being physically abusive to her, and generally a bastard.

Sorry thats so long but, can anyone tell me what they think. Am i being a bastard?

thunderzstruck 03-24-2006 07:03 PM

woooo

got my first ever paycheck finally

i make 7 bucks an hour and work around 15 hrs a week. Got my check today (get paid every two weeks) for $176. I put 100 of it in the bank so ill have $76 to last me two weeks

all this work has finally paid off and, i don't mind it now :)

Jom 03-24-2006 07:24 PM

[QUOTE=The-Piper]Hey guys i have two things id like to say, apologies in advance for length:

Firstly, my friend is friends with this girl who he has never actually met, but they talk over msn all the time, and we both believe she has become obssessed with him. Problem is, he doesn't feel the same way back, and she knows that he likes someone else.

She keeps throwing out alot of hints, i don't know if she realises it or not, but she says stuff like, the guy i like would never go out with me its too awkward he lives too far away and i already know he likes someone else.

She brings this topic up with him alot, and seems to dwell on it, now my friend is usually the person she goes to talk to for support and stuff like that, and shes told him before people who shes interested in, but wont now even though it cant possibly be anyone that he knows personally.

So we are pretty sure he is the one shes talking about, but like i said he doesn't feel the same back. How can he let her know this and not hurt her feelings at the same time. "If he just went straight out and said, i know your talking about me, and sorry but i don't feel the same", she would probably act like it wasn't him.

Any ideas?[/quote]

Uh, well, Internet relationships typically don't work, especially if this girl is a whack-job. Just have your friend state that he's not interested in an Internet relationship but that he appreciates her friendship.

[quote]Secondly, this is an issue with my mum. We get into big fights alot, during the holidays she was trying to sell her laptop on ebay, and i was out here trying to help her set it up. After about half an hour, i told her,"i've never used ebay before and don't know what im doing, maybe you should get a friend to help you set it up". She starts getting pissed off with me and saying i was lying and just, didn't want to help her. :rolleyes:

Needless to say, it ended in us getting in a big fight and her yelling at me, and kicking me out of the house for the night, i ended up sleeping wandering around my neighbourhood for about an hour in the rain, and was only wearing jeans and a tshirt, and had to sleep around the back of a classroom at my old primary school.

Then just a week ago, my brother is caught trying to break into a store with a friend by the police, they picked him up and brought him back here. My mum was pretty pissed off with him, especially once the police told her he'd been caught stealing from a shopping complex near us a few months back. But she just yelled at him for like 10 mins, told him to go to bed (it was 11:30pm anyway) then when they woke up she complained about having no sleep last night. That was the end of it all, haven't heard a thing about it since and that afternoon, they were both happily watching tv together.

Then 2 days ago, i got home from school, i'd left the computer on all day because i was downloading something. So i asked my mum (who was sitting at the computer) how long she'd been using it and if shed turned the computer off at all. She proceeds to get insanely pissed off at me, and complains about the house being a "pigsty" and told me to clean things up, so i started picking up the guitar strings lying on the ground, and cleaning up the other general mess.

While im cleaning the kitchen bench and stacking dishwasher, she comes out and says,

Mum: "besides why do you want to use the computer anyway"
Mum: "oh so just suddenly out of the blue all these assignments pop up out of nowhere"
Me: " Mum, im in senior high school, i constantly get assessments and homework what don't you understand about that?

She continues to get pissed off with me, goes to rip out the phone line thing for the internet, and i started yelling back that i need to use the internet tonight to do these assessment tasks. She says she doesnt care, "oh so you dont care if i don't complete my education?", " If you wanna do your homework then go to a library.

The nearest library to me is 30km away and im only 16 so i cant drive there. Anyway, she grabs the internet cable, starts to walk upstairs to her bedroom, (she always does this, shell have an argument, then once she says everything she wants to say, she'll go upstairs and that'll be the end. I wont get a chance to say anything). So i stood in the doorway and told her she wasnt gunna just walk out on this argument this time,

Mum: "oh so are you gunna hit me now"
Me: :eek: "do i look like im going to hit you?..have i ever hit you before?"

I stood aside and she pushes past me then starts yelling at me to get out, and throws my bag outside. So i walk towards the door knocking a chair over on the way, and left. I was gone for about 4 hours and when i came back, i got a phonecall from my dad who lives in another state. He says my mum claims that i was being physically abusive to her, and generally a bastard.

Sorry thats so long but, can anyone tell me what they think. Am i being a bastard?[/QUOTE]

Did you explain to your dad what happened and why your mom was acting the way she did?

And no, you're not a bastard. The only thing I could suggest is that you use "I would appreciate..." or "I would like..." to begin your sentences.

Take this:

[quote]Mum: "besides why do you want to use the computer anyway"
Me: " Mum, im in senior high school, i constantly get assessments and homework what don't you understand about that?[/quote]

Next time, try this:

[quote]Mum: "besides why do you want to use the computer anyway"
[b]"I would appreciate it if I could use the computer because I have some assessments and assignments for school."[/b]
[b]"Yes, Mum, because I am a senior in high school, I constantly get assessments and homework. I would like it if I could use the computer to complete them."[/b][/quote]

As for her not caring, that's her being a complete bitch. That's all there is to it.

Don't apologize to your mother. You weren't in the wrong at all, save for maybe smarting back to her.

And talk to your Dad. You did not lay a finger on her, nor did you threaten to. She's just being a bitch.

nobodyblossomsforever 03-24-2006 07:40 PM

MAN, I'm so close, Elyse said that when something happens between her and her current boyfriend (young relationships never seem to last), that I'd be the next in line, lol. She said she just doesn't wanna hurt her boyfriend by dumping him right now, she's gonna try and find a good way or something.

Matt? 03-24-2006 07:50 PM

how are you a senior if you're only 16?

Jo Shoe Wah 03-24-2006 07:54 PM

To Jom:

Yeah i did tell my dad that and hes getting pretty down about the whole thing. He said hes moving back here as soon as he can get out of his work contract so i guess ill be moving in with him in a few months. Thanks for the advice with how to better phrase what i say, ill try it out. Haha i haven't apologised yet and i don't intend on doing so. And with the friends thing, thats pretty much what he wants to do, although chances are, if he says that she will deny that he was the one shes been talking about. Ah well see how it goes eh. Thanks.

To Strongbad:

Congrats man, sounds like your getting there. If her boyfriend doesnt hang out with her and treat her like a girlfriend, then chances are it will end pretty soon, especially considering shes not one of the clingy types who hangs on to an unappreciative guy just because they don't wanna be alone. It should all work out for the best methinks. Just don't try to push her to drop him faster or it could get messy. Good luck :thumb:

EDIT: To Matt?

Year 11 + 12 at high school are considered senior years. I dunno if thats the case in other places but im in year 11 in Australia = senior.

nobodyblossomsforever 03-24-2006 07:55 PM

[QUOTE=Matt?]how are you a senior if you're only 16?[/QUOTE]

When I become a senior I'll be sixteen the first two months. Probably went to school early like me.

AtomShip 03-24-2006 09:12 PM

Ok I got a bit of a dilema:

My friend and I had this great idea of going to my grandmas house at the beach for spring break and bring some friends along, we decided we wanted to bring one more guy friend and two girl friends, one girl being a girl I kinda like at the moment. My rents are kinda weird when it comes to girls (mostly my mom) and they take things way to seriously. I managed to slip into the conversation that two of the "friends" I was bringing down were girls and my mom kinda gets a bit huffy and walks outta the room to talk to my dad. Now I dont think they've made up their mind on saying "no" to them coming but they havent said "yes" so I'm so confused right now. Plus my parents will be down with us anyways since they need to drive us :rolleyes: I think they are kinda being unreasonable and its REALLY coc[b]k[/b]blocking me ha.

nobodyblossomsforever 03-24-2006 09:26 PM

[QUOTE=AtomShip]Ok I got a bit of a dilema:

My friend and I had this great idea of going to my grandmas house at the beach for spring break and bring some friends along, we decided we wanted to bring one more guy friend and two girl friends, one girl being a girl I kinda like at the moment. My rents are kinda weird when it comes to girls (mostly my mom) and they take things way to seriously. I managed to slip into the conversation that two of the "friends" I was bringing down were girls and my mom kinda gets a bit huffy and walks outta the room to talk to my dad. Now I dont think they've made up their mind on saying "no" to them coming but they havent said "yes" so I'm so confused right now. Plus my parents will be down with us anyways since they need to drive us :rolleyes: I think they are kinda being unreasonable and its REALLY coc[b]k[/b]blocking me ha.[/QUOTE]

Parents can be like that. My parents love it when I get girlfriends though, and they're usually supportive. You should just let them know you aren't gonna have sex with her or anything, which I hope you don't plan to do anyway 'cause that's really stupid.

AtomShip 03-24-2006 09:30 PM

Haha no I dont plan to do anything more than just go with the flow man. Well I havent really had any relationships or good ones yet so my parents think I just found out what a girl was like yesterday. Plus my sister was weird as a teen and didnt have a bf till she was 18 so they like think if I live my life any differently than she did than I'm some sexcrazed perv.

nobodyblossomsforever 03-24-2006 09:47 PM

[QUOTE=AtomShip]Haha no I dont plan to do anything more than just go with the flow man. Well I havent really had any relationships or good ones yet so my parents think I just found out what a girl was like yesterday. Plus my sister was weird as a teen and didnt have a bf till she was 18 so they like think if I live my life any differently than she did than I'm some sexcrazed perv.[/QUOTE]

Well, your parents should know that you just really like the girl and feel special when you're around her and ask for support. That's just my two Abe Lincolns though.

Jo Shoe Wah 03-24-2006 09:48 PM

[QUOTE=AtomShip]Haha no I dont plan to do anything more than just go with the flow man. Well I havent really had any relationships or good ones yet so my parents think I just found out what a girl was like yesterday. Plus my sister was weird as a teen and didnt have a bf till she was 18 so they like think if I live my life any differently than she did than I'm some sexcrazed perv.[/QUOTE]

My mum was like this a while back when i had a party with girls invited. You've just gotta try to make it clear to them that you don't intend on doing anything extreme, like strongbad said. I hate it when my parents can't comprehend that you can have friends of the opposite sex without being sex crazed. Good luck.