Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Jam Session (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Jam Sessions community thread! (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286952)

Diatonic Dissonance™ 01-07-2006 07:27 PM

Sounds like fun.

I got my hair cut :p.

Trigger_003 01-07-2006 08:16 PM

T'was -

WHAT?!?

Like. Short? No. Couldn't be.
Pics?

Today (and the next few days by the looks of it) I'm clearing out one of the many rooms in our house that is full of stuff that got put in there "just while we do the extension". Problem is, the extension is a pretty big task - as in we've been doing it for years - so...

I still share with my sister (who's 18) and with her having a mild disability (well - it would be annoying for practically anyone my age to have to share with a bro/sis, but you know) it's quite annoying at times. Part of her disability means she can't cope too well with change. Stuff like she won't have her shower until everyone else has, just because it's what she's used to. Something like me staying up late to study is currently a no-no. Which is hard sometimes.

Everyone agrees I need some space. Either this room is going to be a jam sesh location, study, or I'm actually going to get a bedroom of my own. It'll probably end up a combination.
And it's right next to the pool area, has a mesanine (sp?) floor, fridge, and a kind of bathroom next to it (for the pool). Heaps of possibly double glazed windows and it's mud brick so great insulation (and soundproofing!)

Oh yeah, and I found my old uke in there. With no strings/heads.
I'm happy.

Diatonic Dissonance™ 01-07-2006 08:25 PM

[IMG]http://tinypic.com/ju95x0.jpg[/IMG]

Diatonic Dissonance™ 01-07-2006 08:48 PM

yer

Trigger_003 01-07-2006 08:50 PM

Woah.

That's one helluva change from that shot from the social!

Looks good but :)

Diatonic Dissonance™ 01-07-2006 08:55 PM

Better or worse?

And gtf on MSN :mad:.

Trigger_003 01-07-2006 09:00 PM

Probably better imo. Not as good for headbanging though ;).

I wish I could. I've been off it for too dam[COLOR="White"]n[/COLOR] long!
It's been way over a month.

Diatonic Dissonance™ 01-07-2006 09:08 PM

Better :cool:. Yeah, I was headbanging earlier and it was trippy as :p.

Would you like me to bash your parents for you???

Trigger_003 01-07-2006 09:15 PM

lol. Just the part of them not letting me on msn/sending photos.

Diatonic Dissonance™ 01-07-2006 09:33 PM

Done :thumb:.

Trigger_003 01-07-2006 09:55 PM

So kind Gav, so kind :p

Yeah, they're finally starting to come round. It's going to start off as a case of me having to block eveyone and then ask to unblock a particular person every time I want/need to talk them.
It'll be annoying but they'll let up on that... I don't think it's something I'll have to do for very long.

Ah well. You been working on that composition stuff at all?

Diatonic Dissonance™ 01-07-2006 10:14 PM

No :-$

Trigger_003 01-07-2006 10:24 PM

Argh bummer. Let me know when/if you have.

I hadn't touched it for a week or so - just starting to dabble with it again.
Probably got over the 3 minute min. already I'm guessing. That was probably my main concern.
Besides how bad it sounds with midi. Don't think I can do anything there.
And I don't have the full version of guitar pro so I'm probably going to have to export midi from both ptab and gp (coz I need drums) -> import/mix in audacity -> mp3... probably not the best way to do it but meh.

Diatonic Dissonance™ 01-08-2006 01:19 AM

I'm having a bit of a mental blank atm.

Trigger_003 01-08-2006 01:47 AM

Owch :(

Diatonic Dissonance™ 01-08-2006 01:50 AM

Yeah, it has come at a really bad time tbh.

Sup?

Diatonic Dissonance™ 01-08-2006 05:05 AM

So I could finally be fu[size=2]ck[/size]ed writing about my NYE:

Well as you may or may not know, it got to 43º(109.4F) on the day - so I had Mark, Jesse (two of my friends from school) and Josh (Jesse's friend) around before hand to swim at my place. Then they left and I showered/got ready/etc. Then we got back to Jesse's at about 4 and sat around until Scott (my friend from school) came 'round at 5. Then we walked to the local Cellarbrations (walked in 41º heat) and they got some drinks (I got two bottles of Mount Franklin water for $3.50) then we were back at Jesse's and we just sat around at Jesse's table outside in our boxer shorts for about three hours talking (Josh, Jesse, Mark, Scott and myself). Then more people started rocking up (Jesse's brother's friends) so we started playing some music and stuff. Then we were just chilling there and Abiah (Scott's girlfriend) rocked up, so we met her.

Then Mark and Ben (another one of Jesse's friends) started streaking and Ben was humping various letterboxes and a taxi. I swear to God it was the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life. This dude had one hand on the left side of the taxi, one hand on the right side, no clothes on whatsoever and just started humping it and it was bouncing around like crazy! Then the alarm went off and the owners came out and started yelling at him whilst he kept humping away! Also some dude's mum walked past and saw them streaking lol. Then we just started walking around the streets 'cause we were bored, about 6 of us I think.

After 12, Scott walked Abiah back to her house and we waited around for him incase some dudes tried to bash him or anything hah. Then we (Jesse, Mark, Josh and I) went to 7/11 and got a snack and just sat around there talking and stuff, and we met up with Scott. Then we walked back to Jesse's place and were like "this sucks. There's a party down the road - let's go there!" so we were going to go there but we were like "nah, looks pretty gay!" so we walked to the local servo (Mobil) and Scott got some Coke to have with his Jagermeister. By now it was 2:30am.

Then we sat around on the grass outside of the servo (this was just Scott, Mark, Jesse and I) for a while talking and stuff, and we thought "hey let's find a playground!" so we went to this playground near Jesse's house (it was about 4am now) and sat on the playground talking for about an hour. That was fun 'cause it was PITCH BLACK.

Then we got back to Jesse's at about 5:30 and we were screwed so we were like "let's go to bed!" and Mark took the couch (argh!) and there were people on the other couch so I was stuck sleeping on the floor :upset:. I didn't have any covers or anything so I was there fully clothed with a coushin as a pillow lol. I tried to get to sleep for about 45 minutes, but that was impossible because people were still partying and still playing music and singing and stuff (and kicking me in the head :mad: ) so I was getting really really really really angry. Then Jesse (my HERO) comes out with a matress just for me and I laid on that and he brought me my covers and I fell asleep straight away (this was about 6:30). I remember saying to Jesse "if you are drowning one day and I swim out and save your life, I will ALMOST have paid you back for this!".

Then next thing I know I hear Jesse talking really loudly so I wake up and look and he commands that I go back to sleep so I was like "oh.." and tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't because he was talking so loud so I turned around and he commanded me to go to sleep but I was like "f u!" and looked and saw this massive pile of vomit (YUCK!). So, being the nice guy I am, I helped move Scotty off his lilo so we could take it outside and clean it. We finally did that - and I gave Scott my mattress (I am so da[size=2]mn[/size] nice) and because of that Jesse and I had nowhere to sleep, so we sat outside on his chairs and talked until 7:50 ish when we were like "let's go on MSN! :cool:" and Jesse's computer wasn't working so I was gutted hard out. Then I saw a couch and I sat on it (it was really uncomfortable) and fell asleep in a matter of seconds.

Then I was woken at about 10:30 by the boys who wanted to get some breakfast, so I went with them. Then Mark and Scott left, so Jesse and I played PS2 for a while. Then I left.

/night

So yeah, all in all Jesse and I were the only people there that didn't get drunk, as we had to take care of everyone! Woo!

EDIT: Oh and some 30-year old got her cans out for us! :D.

Trigger_003 01-08-2006 07:25 PM

Haha sounds great.

Trigger_003 01-10-2006 01:49 AM

This. Thread. Went. Onto. The. Second. Page.

Shame on you all!

Well after 3 days workin pretty hard yaka on that room, I've cleared out over two thirds of it. That's... I don't know how many boxes... but it was a lot.
The rest of it's mainly antique furniture my mum's got around for french polishing and stuff, so once I can figure out where I can move those out to, I'm pretty much done!

I'm working on writing another song at the moment. It's kind of RHCPish, which isn't such a bad thing. I've got the intro/chorus/solo sections done... just gotta put together a progression or riff for the verses and I should be right with it.

What's everyone else up to?

Diatonic Dissonance™ 01-10-2006 01:49 AM

I got a myspace today. Everyone add me!

[url]http://www.myspace.com/diatonicdissonance[/url]

Trigger_003 01-10-2006 02:15 AM

Bah, make it private why don't you?

Now I'll just have to remember to sign up some time soon or something.

Ah well.
Grr, Neighbours it back on TV. Save me.

Aes820 01-10-2006 02:22 AM

Neighbours will rot your brain Trea. You gotta stay away from that.

Trigger_003 01-10-2006 02:36 AM

lol, hear that Moaner? Don't watch it!

It's not me that watches it though. I'm in the same room as my sister who just loves to turn up the volume when a certain lame excuse for a half hour of channel ten comes on each weeknight :rolleyes:.

I think I've gotta turn up my sub woofer again for 6.30 tomorrow night.
Bwahahaha

denboy 01-10-2006 04:46 AM

Is it just me or is this forum suddenly alot more active since it was pushed to the top?.. It's amazing how much a difference a little rearranging can do

KKKKKocaine 01-10-2006 08:44 AM

:angry:
I'm at a point where I'm about to sew my mothers mouth shut, tie her up and lock her in the cellar if she says another word out of place to me.

As you all know, I'm going into business with the mobile studio fairly soon. I've done a budget and business plan and such.

My mum doesn't understand the difference between running a shop and running a recording studio and thus is just spouting the same old cliche self-employed facts crap at me that she probably learnt in a 10 minute presentation.

1. 'You'll have to be up at 6 and work all day'

No, that's just stupid.
If I was running a shop then yes, I'd have to be manning the shop whether I got no business, or plenty.
Also the income is different, if I run a clothes shop and sell 5 t-shirts. I might make £50-£75. If I record 5 tracks, I'd be looking at about £175.

I'm not really required to wake up at 6am for the following reasons,

A. Anyone who tries to book a recording session at 6am is either socially handicapped, or trying to make a booking for the same day, in which case they'd leave a message and my phone (which lives inside the happy world of my pillow) would wake me up.

B. To run a mobile recording studio you don't have to actually have everything set up in one room just sitting there waiting for a booking.

C. If we assume then that I'll be going out with flyers and samplers to places. Then why would I need to get up at 6am? Who exactly am I trying to market to who is only in town areas at 6am?

2. You need to start advertising.

A. I haven't got the gear yet. I'm not advertising and thus taking bookings before I have a concrete date for when I'll have the gear, and confidence that all the gear is working correctly and interfaces with the other components correctly.

B. Who exactly books time at a recording studio without checking it out for samples, the equipment and other artists they've worked with.

C.The only advertising that's safe to do at the moment is word of mouth, telling local bands I'll be setting up, what I'll be offering and if they're interested I can get some samples through to them when it's ready.
I've already been doing this.

3. You need business cards.

A. Yes, that's right. I'll just go print some business cards advertising a service I haven't got yet, that I currently have no word on quality, cost or time span on and have no examples of my work for.

B. Whilst business cards are useful, they're really a very small part of my advertising plan. My target market is going to be local bands. People who will probably do most of their searching on the internet. I will still be printing business cards. I just don't see it as a 'make or break' item.

4. Sitting on your arse playing computer games isn't going to help you.

A. 'Computer Games' by my mothers definition covers being on a computer. Whilst the fact that the computer was provided to my mother to help with her work before she retired, and the fact that she was given a few hundred pounds of training to use it. She still doesn't understand much about computers.
Like the fact that she panics and calls me in when she sees the 'your computer is infected with spyware ad'. Or asks me to 'download' her word documents, which in her mind means 'print'. She was given a professional voice activated software with training and doesn't use it. If something needs typing up, she'll get someone else to do it.
So basicly, when she walks through and see's me going over word documents at the budget, or looking at gear or mastering tools, or reading on the internet. I'm playing computer games.

B. Even if I did sit around playing computer games, it wouldn't hinder me because I really don't have anything else I can do right now. I've gone over the budget at least 100 times and fine tuned every element of it. WIth thebusiness plan I've worked out the tax I'll need to pay, the time I'll spend on tracks (it's cost per track rather than per hour), my transport, how I'll actually be using the gear e.t.c.
Essentially, the only thing hindering me, is the wait for the gear to come through.

gaz12369 01-10-2006 02:16 PM

K, you need this:

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/SSL-Solid-State-Logic-Remote-Mobile-Recording-Truck_W0QQitemZ7380620657QQcategoryZ3278QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

Nicko_Shmicko 01-10-2006 05:43 PM

[QUOTE=gaz12369]K, you need this:

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/SSL-Solid-State-Logic-Remote-Mobile-Recording-Truck_W0QQitemZ7380620657QQcategoryZ3278QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/url][/QUOTE]

I have that much in loose change!

Aes820 01-11-2006 01:59 AM

[url]http://www.dropbear.net/files/DSCF0032.JPG[/url]
[url]http://www.dropbear.net/files/DSCF0054.JPG[/url]

That's Elissa on the right.
My Boss.
:/

Diatonic Dissonance™ 01-11-2006 02:23 AM

[QUOTE=Trigger_003]Bah, make it private why don't you?

Now I'll just have to remember to sign up some time soon or something.

Ah well.
Grr, Neighbours it back on TV. Save me.[/QUOTE]
I can't change it :upset:.

Trigger_003 01-11-2006 03:12 AM

[QUOTE=Aes820][url]http://www.dropbear.net/files/DSCF0032.JPG[/url]
[url]http://www.dropbear.net/files/DSCF0054.JPG[/url]

That's Elissa on the right.
My Boss.
:/[/QUOTE]
:(

How are you and everyone else fairing? I'm guessing it was fairly out of the blue...
:(