Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Jam Session (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Jam Sessions community thread! (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286952)

Aes820 11-27-2005 05:25 AM

Yes. Good on ya Trea.

I just got back from a little holiday. It was nice.

Trigger_003 11-27-2005 02:47 PM

Beauty, where abouts did you go?

How's the landscaping coming along?

kevbud187 11-27-2005 04:57 PM

I'd just like to let everyone know that I've been on mx for about a year. This is post number 500. And. I've never meet or posted with nicer and cooler people on Jam Session. Thanks A lot.

lol 500 so pathetic

Aes820 11-27-2005 05:13 PM

Yer. Us Jam Sessioners are cool people.

I went to Malua bay, which is on the South Coast. We got a lot of surfing done, even tho the weather didn't hold out to be perfect it was still good fun.

The Landscaping is getting pretty close to done.
I've got $400 of Eucalyptus mulch arriving next weekend. Then it'll just be a case of spreading it around and planting a few 'hard to kill' plants in it.
But I'm going to have to wait for next season until I put the lawn in. It's way too dry at the moment.
I will take some photos.

TheJarve 11-27-2005 09:41 PM

by the way aes, you annoy me. i'm in dunlop. in order to get to better music by midday, i need to leave the house at nine in the morning. stupid bus services

Aes820 11-28-2005 12:42 AM

I used to work in Woden, so I could just wander over to Better Music during a lunch break.
Not any more tho, I've got a better job elsewhere.

Trigger_003 11-28-2005 02:27 AM

Aes? Annoy someone?
I laugh.

That's awesome mate. I can't wait to get back out in the surf again.
I've been doing a bit of landscaping myself; getting the pool area looking good for some summer BBQs and stuff. We've been putting together a bit of a rock wall across the garden/paving contours, put in some more native plants, all that kind of stuff... should look good once we're through with it. Might post some photos too later on. Looking forward to seeing what yours ends up like :).
Oh and thanks for the rep. Have you managed to get around to any theory yet?

Kevbud, happy mx anniversary. You're great. Make sure you keep posting :thumb:.

Aes820 11-28-2005 03:20 AM

You've got a pool.. ugh. I'm jealous.

Trigger_003 11-28-2005 03:21 AM

I never said you can't use it.

Diatonic Dissonance™ 11-28-2005 03:29 AM

I have a pool also, :).

We're changing our house around a bit, too.

Should be good.

TheJarve 11-28-2005 05:39 AM

we had a pool in my last house... but i'm hydrophobic so you know, i didn't get much benifit from it

and before you ask, yes i do shower, i just hate it

Diatonic Dissonance™ 11-28-2005 06:03 AM

I can't fathom the possibility of being hydrophobic. Is there a way you can describe it to me? (Vague, yes I know)

KKKKKocaine 11-28-2005 07:20 AM

[QUOTE=TheJarve]we had a pool in my last house... but i'm hydrophobic so you know, i didn't get much benifit from it

and before you ask, yes i do shower, i just hate it[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel any better, I hate the sea.

moaner 11-28-2005 12:41 PM

I have a moderate fear of being suspended above water

bridges over rivers make me feel nasty

kevbud187 11-28-2005 10:22 PM

[QUOTE=TheJarve]we had a pool in my last house... but i'm hydrophobic so you know, i didn't get much benifit from it

and before you ask, yes i do shower, i just hate it[/QUOTE]

Do drink water at all?
And you do know that like 90% + of your body is water. So basically you are afraid of yourself :confused:

KKKKKocaine 11-29-2005 08:28 AM

Wooh the agency just called. Starting next week I'll be working again!
In a factory.

^ That's seriously all I know. Teehee.

:angry: But the last agency I worked with STILL haven't paid me grrr. Kocaine smash! :angry:
Anyone know anything about AMD dual processors? I.e. with the 64bit 3800+ X2 does it simply operate as 2 2.0Ghz processors, or can it work as a combined unit with more processing power?

I did some custom set ups from vantagecomputers.co.uk
and for roughly the same price as the 3800+ (single processor) set up.
I can get a Pentium 4 3.0Ghz set up.

According to the AMD site, the 3800+ model runs at about 2.4Ghz. Should I go for the P4?

I also asked one of the custom companies I got a quote from if they could make a case for it that sprayed acid into the face of any child who touched it.
But apparantly all they could do for me would be to coat it in acid. :upset:

moaner 11-29-2005 10:28 AM

:lol:

I think dual processors would be hard rocking for recording from 16 sources at once whilst playing World of Warcraft, but I don't know.

Trigger_003 11-29-2005 01:42 PM

AMD and Intel are just as good as each other. Intel's more widely known and because of that, it's got a wider support and user base, but other than that... AMD is just as good, but for less cost.

And yeah, the two don't equal each other, so you've got to do a bit of converting... sorta. AMD model names don't go by ghz, but by a performance rating. So, for instance, the AMD64 3500+ isn't actually 3.5ghz, but 2.2ghz. However, its performance rating is 3500+, meaning it performs at the standard of a P4 3.5 ghz or better. The AMD64 4000+ would perform the equivalent of a p4 4ghz or better, etc. etc.

So the one you're talking about actually operates at a 3.8ghz or higher standard, whereas the P4 is only 3ghz. I'd go the AMD.

KKKKKocaine 11-29-2005 01:55 PM

[QUOTE=moaner]:lol:

I think dual processors would be hard rocking for recording from 16 sources at once whilst playing World of Warcraft, but I don't know.[/QUOTE]

Why stop there? Why not do something even more pointless, run those 16 tracks into Logic 5.5 Cubase SX3 and Sonar 5 at the same time :p

[QUOTE]AMD and Intel are just as good as each other. Intel's more widely known and because of that, it's got a wider support and user base, but other than that... AMD is just as good, but for less cost.

And yeah, the two don't equal each other, so you've got to do a bit of converting... sorta. AMD model names don't go by ghz, but by a performance rating. So, for instance, the AMD64 3500+ isn't actually 3.5ghz, but 2.2ghz. However, its performance rating is 3500+, meaning it performs at the standard of a P4 3.5 ghz or better. The AMD64 4000+ would perform the equivalent of a p4 4ghz or better, etc. etc.

So the one you're talking about actually operates at a 3.8ghz or higher standard, whereas the P4 is only 3ghz. I'd go the AMD.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, so if a program specs need 3Ghz of ram for some reason, will the 3800+ be able to handle it?

Trigger_003 11-29-2005 02:04 PM

Yep - should be no worries :).

ADU Guitarist 11-30-2005 08:17 PM

hey ladies and gents,

I'm pretty psyched I just got into Webster University and their Audio Production program starting in Fall of 2006. One step closer to my B.S. in Audio Production and Certification in Business Entrepeneurship so that I can come closer to my dream of owning my own recording studio.

airborne50caliber 12-01-2005 10:46 AM

Nice man. more details

ADU Guitarist 12-01-2005 11:11 PM

[QUOTE=airborne50caliber]Nice man. more details[/QUOTE]
Well its no Berklee College of Music or Columbia College Chicago, but it IS one of the top Universities in the Midwest United States.

[url]http://www.webster.edu/[/url]

Their Audio Production program is encorporated with the rest of their Mass Communications (Video, Film, Radio, etc.). The problem with other universities is their audio program isnt full encorporated. Their philosophy is a hands on approach to sound and recording.

"While a goal in other audio programs might be to produce a finished tape for compact disc mastering, Webster students can also produce a compact disc for broadcast over the university's media streaming station. The station is in many ways a prime focus of the Audio Program. Students regularly have the opportunity to produce music recordings, radio "spots" and other material for streaming. The finished projects are broadcast to the campus on KGLX-AM and streamed in MP3 format around the world In this manner, audio students are able to evaluate their projects from inception to "airplay." The ability to evaluate one's work from initial concept to final consumer product is an important one."

On-site foley (spelling?) work, students are in full control of what equipment to use (and buy for the university) and help continually build and rebuild the different studios. (While i was there some of the seniors were building bass traps).

I am sooooooooooo excited. They use RADAR as their main platform but have a Mac Pro Tools set-up as well. Ah yes and they push both analog and digital recording so I will be on the never ending search for which is better.....

BTW the program and studios were developed by Elvis's producer Bill Porter of Studio B in Nashville and chief engineer for RCA Records under Chet Atkins (Sadly he retired from Webster last year but I believe he will still teach a single course as an adjunct professor)

Aes820 12-02-2005 11:46 PM

I had a work Christmas party last night.
It was huge. And I'm feeling a bit seedy today.

ADU Guitarist 12-02-2005 11:56 PM

[QUOTE=Aes820]I had a work Christmas party last night.
It was huge. And I'm feeling a bit seedy today.[/QUOTE]
sounds fun

moaner 12-03-2005 08:19 AM

[QUOTE=Aes820]I had a work Christmas party last night.

you've got no-one to blame but yourself.

KKKKKocaine 12-03-2005 11:59 AM

[QUOTE=Aes820]

You have 5 seconds.
If that didn't turn into a gay sex joke then leave.

Trigger_003 12-03-2005 02:15 PM

Haha, trust.

Are you feeling alright now Chris?

I'm eating Just Right, the sun is in my eyes, and I feel like composing.
And there you have it, random comments from the life of Trea in Dmaj #23425

KKKKKocaine 12-05-2005 02:34 PM

After a 1 and a half to 2 hour battle with Chronopay and a 3 minute convo with an American who replaced his American accent with a cartoon voice. I finally managed to acquire the template for band-101.net.
Woo.
Which means I now have money in my bank account, about £110.94.
So band-101.net will be going up during the week.

But down to business, what are Chronopay thinking?
I give them my details, they take my money.
Then I have 24 hours to 'verify' my account.
Why don't they verify it before taking my money?

Plus the verification is ridiculous.

Cartoon Voice: Can I just confirm your adddress
/me gives address
Cartoon Voice: Check your email now, it's been delivered.

What was that?
I provided my address on the form, if I had stolen my own debit card and been able to provide my address the first time, why would a verbal request stop me :confused:

Aes820 12-05-2005 03:38 PM

[QUOTE=KKKKKocaine]So band-101.net will be going up during the week.[/QUOTE]
Cool. I'll be looking forward to seeing it up.

A site of mine will be going up on the 15th as well.
I've still got a bit of work to do on it between now and then tho.
But it's hillarious when the style sheet has more lines of code than the actual html page.