Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Jam Session (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Jam Sessions community thread! (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286952)

Nightvision 01-11-2005 06:37 AM

ah right - was going to say - those that drum and sing are a rare and talented breed.

benfan 01-11-2005 09:58 AM

ok i have a question for any guitarists in here, i have a jackson ke3 and the volume pott seems to have fu.ked up. it ok until i turn it up to full and then it cuts out. anyone no why?

moaner 01-11-2005 10:55 AM

[QUOTE=Jason101]ah right - was going to say - those that drum and sing are a rare and talented breed.[/QUOTE]
phil collins

moaner 01-11-2005 10:57 AM

[QUOTE=tallicafan1]ok i have a question for any guitarists in here, i have a jackson ke3 and the volume pott seems to have fu.ked up. it ok until i turn it up to full and then it cuts out. anyone no why?[/QUOTE]

you could, replace the pot? or, perhaps, replace the pot?

Is it ONLY when the pot is in full?

Nightvision 01-11-2005 12:33 PM

[QUOTE=moaner]phil collins[/QUOTE]

I said TALENTED!

(sorry, I know he does have talent, I'm just not a fan)

benfan 01-11-2005 12:48 PM

[QUOTE=moaner]you could, replace the pot? or, perhaps, replace the pot?

Is it ONLY when the pot is in full?[/QUOTE]

yeh someone told me it was to do with the petentiometer or somet. i'll probly change the pickups anyway so they will be changed anyway

moaner 01-11-2005 04:22 PM

[QUOTE=tallicafan1]yeh someone told me it was to do with the petentiometer or somet. i'll probly change the pickups anyway so they will be changed anyway[/QUOTE]

not neccessarily, unless you're switching from passives to actives. If you're not, just ask the tech who's changing your pickups to stick a new volume pot in while he's in there, I doubt they'd even charge you any labour for it if they're afriendly shop

moaner 01-11-2005 04:25 PM

[QUOTE=tallicafan1]yeh someone told me it was to do with the petentiometer or somet. i'll probly change the pickups anyway so they will be changed anyway[/QUOTE]

by petentiometer you mean potentiometer which is always abbreviated too pot within guitarists

benfan 01-12-2005 11:19 AM

ok thanks moaner

seversonfam 01-12-2005 11:00 PM

i see i missed introductions like usual, but yeah im jake....im 17 and i do a whole bunch of **** haha.... from playin guitar in my band to recording my band (and a few other bands on occasion) to setting up rock shows around my area, music is my biatch :) afterparties are my specialty though :P

anyways, im going to be setting up a show with 4 bands here in march anyone got any cool ideas or anything they have seen at other shows? i came up with the idea of putting some busted up cars and computers and **** like that near the stages and letting people buy bats to smash the **** out of them during the show for like 5 bucks a bat but thats all i have so far for this show and i dont know if im going to do that one yet for health reasons......but yea ive been known for putting on unique shows which is why im kinda successful at them and im starting to run out of ideas.....anyone got any for me?

KKKKKocaine 01-13-2005 01:10 AM

I might be taking a leave from MX for a few months, basicly things are fairly fuc[I]k[/I]ed up right now, and it doesn't make for a good poster.

FatherKeeL 01-14-2005 07:28 PM

:-(

... hope things turn out all right...

cheers

FK

Trigger_003 01-18-2005 08:52 PM

[QUOTE=KKKKKocaine]I might be taking a leave from MX for a few months, basicly things are fairly fuc[I]k[/I]ed up right now, and it doesn't make for a good poster.[/QUOTE]
*cries*
I hope things get back to alright for you soon too... sorry to hear that man.

KKKKKocaine 01-20-2005 02:45 AM

[url]http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291917[/url]

7..Maybe 8 pages of me kicking the punk forums around.
Nothing defeating a bunch of ostracizing jerks who don't understand the music industry beyond, "omg i fukkin h8 limp bizkit dey r sellouts cuz dey wuz in da pop charts"

moaner 01-20-2005 10:44 AM

[QUOTE=KKKKKocaine][url]http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291917[/url]

7..Maybe 8 pages of me kicking the punk forums around.
Nothing defeating a bunch of ostracizing jerks who don't understand the music industry beyond, "omg i fukkin h8 limp bizkit dey r sellouts cuz dey wuz in da pop charts"[/QUOTE]

I almost got inbolved, until i realised i'd be insulting punk in the punk forum.

I almost posted:

"I find emo an unlistenable* part of punk, my least favourite genre. I still acknowledge the talent that goes into it"

but i stopped myself JIT.

[SIZE=1]*no offence, I doubt you rate metallica or GNR as especially listenable[/SIZE]

Aes820 01-20-2005 03:46 PM

I try to stay out of the music genre forums, to avoid getting into arguments based around musical opinions.

moaner 01-20-2005 04:02 PM

[QUOTE=Aes820]I try to stay out of the music genre forums, to avoid getting into arguments based around musical opinions.[/QUOTE]

me too, i only went to that one because of kkk... You certaintly have succeeded, I've "known" you for quite some time and other than knowing its probably metal i have no idea what genre you play. I guess metal only through your amp and guitar choices.

Aes820 01-20-2005 04:58 PM

[QUOTE=moaner]me too, i only went to that one because of kkk... You certaintly have succeeded, I've "known" you for quite some time and other than knowing its probably metal i have no idea what genre you play. I guess metal only through your amp and guitar choices.[/QUOTE]
I think I've got an extremely versatile musical taste. I enjoy playing anything; from noodling with metal riffs, Acoustic finger-picking songs to even some classical stuff.

Im in two bands.
The first is a post hardcore style band. With influences from both Punk and Hardcore genres. A bit like Boy Sets Fire, or Strung Out. Loud and hard.

The second is a pop rock band. That band is much more vocal driven, with three kickarse vocalists in the band (me not being one of them :p) we rely on rich vocal harmonies more so than guitar riffs. On a similar wavelength to Split Endz, Counting Crows or Powderfinger.

I play the Mesa gear because I love their tone and their quality. Just because it says Mesa Boogie on the front of it, doesnt mean it needs to be used for metal.

moaner 01-21-2005 11:46 AM

Hey aes, you seen the new range of behirnger sotboxes? Those offer such incredible value? Zoom are gonna go out of business if behringer can offer a multi FX for £22 and a 3 amp modell cab modelling DI box for £30.

Trigger_003 01-23-2005 05:46 PM

Hehe, your new avatar patriotic enough Aes? :thumb:
/bump

By the way (still to Aes)... is one of the bands you're in Manifest? Or are you just hosting that site or something?

Aes820 01-23-2005 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=Trigger_003]Hehe, your new avatar patriotic enough Aes? :thumb:
/bump

By the way (still to Aes)... is one of the bands you're in Manifest? Or are you just hosting that site or something?[/QUOTE]

Haha. Yeah, it's for this Wednesday. I thought something overly patriotic for the occasion would be suitable. :)

Yeah. I play Lead Guitar for that band. That's me on the left of this picture (with the blue cap):
[url]http://www.dropbear.net/manifest/media/gig_dec04/11.jpg[/url]
We are not overly fantasic. Nothing ground breaking or anything, but we can hold our own.

moaner 01-24-2005 01:28 AM

[QUOTE=Aes820]Haha. Yeah, it's for this Wednesday. I thought something overly patriotic for the occasion would be suitable. :)

Yeah. I play Lead Guitar for that band. That's me on the left of this picture (with the blue cap):
[url]http://www.dropbear.net/manifest/media/gig_dec04/11.jpg[/url]
We are not overly fantasic. Nothing ground breaking or anything, but we can hold our own.[/QUOTE]

don't be stupid aes, you look exactly like the guy in your avatar. Its a well known fact.

the_uber_penguin 01-24-2005 04:17 PM

[QUOTE=moaner]don't be stupid aes, you look exactly like the guy in your avatar. Its a well known fact.[/QUOTE]

Except normally we're in 3D in real life.

moaner, however, was really good at hide and seek in school. All he did was stand side on.

He does still have to be careful in strong winds, however.

Aes820 01-24-2005 04:37 PM

Good to see that Trigger is Aussie made too.

moaner 01-24-2005 04:58 PM

[QUOTE=the_uber_penguin]Except normally we're in 3D in real life.

moaner, however, was really good at hide and seek in school. All he did was stand side on.

He does still have to be careful in strong winds, however.[/QUOTE]

I keep money and firearms in my hat.

As to the winds- I can't even go outside in the UK winter, why do you think I'm on mx so much?

Trigger_003 01-24-2005 10:07 PM

*hopes I don't look like my avatar
*checks in mirror
Phew

[QUOTE=Aes820]Good to see that Trigger is Aussie made too.[/QUOTE]
:thumb: By the way... If you want, the name's Trea :)

Cain 01-25-2005 08:20 PM

Hey there, guys. I'm Lucas and I play guitar...I'm one of those obsessive people that practice for at least a few hours every day...I also greatly enjoy creative writing, history, and drawing. I don't post in here too often, but I've wanted to. So I saw this thread and decided to post.

FatherKeeL 01-27-2005 04:22 AM

... ive got no avater... you will never figure out what i look like... :-)

the_uber_penguin 01-27-2005 11:56 AM

It's worth mentioning that my avatar is actually my younger brother.

KKKKKocaine 01-27-2005 12:04 PM

It's worth mentioning that a brand new manufacturer going by the name 'Behringer' is offering an entire range of equipment for cheap as free.
*Breaking News*