Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Hardcore Community Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193593)

A-Life-Less-Plagued 09-02-2004 04:14 PM

[QUOTE=refuse_amen]liek every1 nos dats 4 l00zers a7x 4 lyfe kill all d0se emo pussies lol roflmaoloooool[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=iHATEgc]lolz jk i leik teh dahsbord confwesinoal. teh maek me cri. :eek:[/QUOTE]

:lol:

whispercore23 09-02-2004 04:29 PM

[QUOTE=Sk8SkaNJ]I'm no expert on that so someone add more if needed.[/QUOTE]
only one i know you left out is converge (alot like dillinger)

Let's Chop Cats! 09-02-2004 04:33 PM

Converge is more metalcore, but they have some bits of grind. (I'm to lazy to check, so I'm assumng thats what your refering to.)

whispercore23 09-02-2004 04:39 PM

[QUOTE=syrUsbilt]YOU go to pop punk and never come back. Seriously if anyone here listens to avenged sevenfold I have no problem deporting you to Antarctica with nothing but the clothes on your back.[/QUOTE]

Listen you overly opinionated deushbag, im sick of people thrashing A7X and the people who listen to them. Just cuz theyre more mainstream then the bands (probably ****ty ones if you cant even at least [I]respect[/I] Avenged) that you listen to doesnt make them bad. Theyre some of the most talented musicians in the (insert own prefix here)core genre. And to say that anyone who listens to them should go to pop punk well thats just absurd. And before you question my,for lack of a better word, credibility and tell [I]me[/I] to go listen to pop punk, in addition to the more mainstream hardcore im a fan of bands like converge, and norma jean, who im sure would tear you up for bagging on a band who just happens to be succesful at doing their thing. Afterall thats the whole reason anyone anywhere gets into the music business is to be succesfull, am I wrong?

AndHagan2 09-02-2004 04:41 PM

You are completly wrong. Not many bands in the punk genre make bands to become sucessfull. Also maybe people dont like A7X's music. I know I sure dont. Go back to the pop-punk forum you crying little b'itch.

A-Life-Less-Plagued 09-02-2004 04:42 PM

[QUOTE=whispercore23]Listen you overly opinionated deushbag, im sick of people thrashing A7X and the people who listen to them. Just cuz theyre more mainstream then the bands (probably ****ty ones if you cant even at least [I]respect[/I] Avenged) that you listen to doesnt make them bad. Theyre some of the most talented musicians in the (insert own prefix here)core genre. And to say that anyone who listens to them should go to pop punk well thats just absurd. And before you question my,for lack of a better word, credibility and tell [I]me[/I] to go listen to pop punk, in addition to the more mainstream hardcore im a fan of bands like converge, and norma jean, who im sure would tear you up for bagging on a band who just happens to be succesful at doing their thing. Afterall thats the whole reason anyone anywhere gets into the music business is to be succesfull, am I wrong?[/QUOTE]
Avenged Sevenfold does belong in the pop-punk forum as they are not a hardcore band.

shane italian 09-02-2004 04:44 PM

[QUOTE=whispercore23]Listen you overly opinionated deushbag, im sick of people thrashing A7X and the people who listen to them. Just cuz theyre more mainstream then the bands (probably ****ty ones if you cant even at least [I]respect[/I] Avenged) that you listen to doesnt make them bad. Theyre some of the most talented musicians in the (insert own prefix here)core genre. And to say that anyone who listens to them should go to pop punk well thats just absurd. And before you question my,for lack of a better word, credibility and tell [I]me[/I] to go listen to pop punk, in addition to the more mainstream hardcore im a fan of bands like converge, and norma jean, who im sure would tear you up for bagging on a band who just happens to be succesful at doing their thing. Afterall thats the whole reason anyone anywhere gets into the music business is to be succesfull, am I wrong?[/QUOTE]hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha, You said Norma Jean would tear me up for ragging on a band. So anyways. Avenged Sevenfold aren't that talented, I don't like them. They are a metal band. Nothing "core" about them. I'm still baffled, did you mean something like Norma Jean might hurt me for saying they suck?

A-Life-Less-Plagued 09-02-2004 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=iHATEgc]hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha, You said Norma Jean would tear me up for ragging on a band. So anyways. Avenged Sevenfold aren't that talented, I don't like them. They are a metal band. Nothing "core" about them. I'm still baffled, did you mean something like Norma Jean might hurt me for saying they suck?[/QUOTE]
:lol: I missed that part. Norma Jean are coming for you...

AndHagan2 09-02-2004 04:46 PM

Norma Jean will rip you a new one. Watch out

Anti-Sound 09-02-2004 04:50 PM

[QUOTE=munk]sounds like something i musta missed out on, but anyway now that iv alienated everyone, i was wondering if you guys would review a song i made, i think it would best be described as 'grindcore'..

dl link

[URL=http://members.aol.com/qish/The_F---_S----SODOMY.wav]the f*** s*** - SODOMY![/URL]

...the name needs work i know[/QUOTE] that is the worst thing i have ever heard

AndHagan2 09-02-2004 05:10 PM

That was terrible.

BuddyBigsby 09-02-2004 05:31 PM

[QUOTE=NewKindofArmy03]BB, what's all else failed's better cd? i might see them tomorrow if i get a ride and i'll probably have money for one cd if i go.[/QUOTE]

Well, I only have the new one and then their EPs and splits. The new one is good, but it has a lot of clean vocals and emocore parts which... that's like Converge writing a hair metal ballad. TOTALLY out of place. So I think, if you can, go with [I]Archetype[/I]. If you want to put up with the clean vocals and sappy parts, then get [I]This Never Happened[/I]. It's still not a bad album, but the soft parts definitely bring it down. The first 4 tracks are unstoppable.

NewKindofArmy03 09-02-2004 05:34 PM

thanks. "to whom it may concern" is unstoppable, i love that song.

BuddyBigsby 09-02-2004 05:34 PM

[QUOTE=whispercore23]Listen you overly opinionated deushbag, im sick of people thrashing A7X and the people who listen to them. Just cuz theyre more mainstream then the bands (probably ****ty ones if you cant even at least [I]respect[/I] Avenged) that you listen to doesnt make them bad. Theyre some of the most talented musicians in the (insert own prefix here)core genre. And to say that anyone who listens to them should go to pop punk well thats just absurd. And before you question my,for lack of a better word, credibility and tell [I]me[/I] to go listen to pop punk, in addition to the more mainstream hardcore im a fan of bands like converge, and norma jean, who im sure would tear you up for bagging on a band who just happens to be succesful at doing their thing. Afterall thats the whole reason anyone anywhere gets into the music business is to be succesfull, am I wrong?[/QUOTE]

And this folks is the reason I'm ashamed to like Avenged Sevenfold now.

BuddyBigsby 09-02-2004 05:35 PM

[QUOTE=NewKindofArmy03]thanks. "to whom it may concern" is unstoppable, i love that song.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah, that's track 4. If you don't get the CD, then at least download the first track because the breakdown it is CRUSHING.

young, loud and andrew 09-02-2004 09:13 PM

i keep hearing about the band Count Me Out... what do they sound like? just run-of-the-mill youth crew?

A-Life-Less-Plagued 09-02-2004 09:15 PM

They sound sort of like Bane. But the teeniest bit better. Listen to What We Built.

A-Life-Less-Plagued 09-02-2004 09:16 PM

I sooooo wan't their first EP. It's out of print right? Because I can't find it anywhere.

NewKindofArmy03 09-02-2004 09:17 PM

they sound a little like bane i guess, but they're better. check them out, you'll probably like them.

A-Life-Less-Plagued 09-02-2004 09:27 PM

[QUOTE=NewKindofArmy03]they sound a little like bane i guess, but they're better. check them out, you'll probably like them.[/QUOTE]
omg yes d00dz. tehy sownd liek teh bayne d00dz :cool:

A-Life-Less-Plagued 09-02-2004 09:28 PM

Actually they don't sound a ton like Bane. I'm just an idiot.

BuddyBigsby 09-02-2004 11:46 PM

Shaney, you lose eternally if you do not go to this

SAT
NOV 6TH 100 DEMONS Cast Aside, Donnybrook, Laid To Rest $10/7:00

fisticups 09-02-2004 11:47 PM

[QUOTE=NewKindofArmy03]i was going to pick it up at the madball show but the merch there was expensive so i couldn't get it.[/QUOTE]

the merch wasnt that bad. i got the new madball ep for 5 bucks. they were in cali like 3-4 months ago. did dawny brook play at the show u went to? they covered a shutdown song it was awesome.

shane italian 09-02-2004 11:50 PM

[QUOTE=BuddyBigsby]Shaney, you lose eternally if you do not go to this

SAT
NOV 6TH 100 DEMONS Cast Aside, Donnybrook, Laid To Rest $10/7:00[/QUOTE]WHERE AT!?!!?!?!?!

BuddyBigsby 09-02-2004 11:51 PM

Showcase.

shane italian 09-02-2004 11:52 PM

Oh snap I am so f'ucking there!

fisticups 09-03-2004 12:03 AM

you guys live in the IE?

BuddyBigsby 09-03-2004 12:07 AM

I do. He's all cooooool with his OC and his Eighteen Visions.

shane italian 09-03-2004 12:08 AM

[QUOTE=BuddyBigsby]I do. He's all cooooool with his OC and his Eighteen Visions.[/QUOTE]Are you going to Casey Jones?

OC is so kewl.

BuddyBigsby 09-03-2004 12:20 AM

Yes, of course. Don't be silly.