Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Hardcore Community Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193593)

tornpictures 10-22-2004 11:19 AM

I totally see them more as a hardcore band too.

cbmartinez 10-22-2004 01:06 PM

[QUOTE=axeslinga_32]i don't understand how they are screamo, they sound similar to alexisonfire.[/QUOTE]

/punches

Sep 10-22-2004 01:33 PM

I actually also don't understand how Hot Cross are screamo... They don't sound very chaotic at all to me and on the new EP there is barely any screaming...

cbmartinez 10-22-2004 02:39 PM

They can go either way, emo or screamo. [I]Cryonics [/I] or whatever is very chaotic and I love it.

Kids Like Us got signed to Eulogy and will be touring with The Warriors.

cbmartinez 10-22-2004 02:50 PM

We Use This Gift As A Weapon!

NewKindofArmy03 10-22-2004 08:04 PM

STILLBORN FEST PHILLY IS NOW ON DEC. 26TH Please make a note of the new date and check out this line up!
HATEBREED
AGNOSTIC FRONT (New album out in January on Nuclear Blast!)
CANDIRIA
GOD FORBID
FULL BLOWN CHAOS
WITH HONOR
LOVE IS RED
BLACKLISTED
THE AUTUMN OFFERING
& FOREVER I BURN
This show as every year will be at The Electric Factory.

not the best lineup, but this will be a good show.

young, loud and andrew 10-22-2004 10:54 PM

[QUOTE=Sk8SkaNJ]True.

Check out Bill's new band xOne Wayx. The song "Generic Hardcore Song" is amazing.
[url]http://www.purevolume.com/xonewayx[/url][/QUOTE]

holy god that is hilarious. i listen to a lot of generic hardcore, but it's still fun.

Feel The Darkness 10-22-2004 11:03 PM

[QUOTE=NewKindofArmy03]STILLBORN FEST PHILLY IS NOW ON DEC. 26TH Please make a note of the new date and check out this line up!
HATEBREED
[b]AGNOSTIC FRONT (New album out in January on [i]Nuclear Blast[/i]!)[/b]
CANDIRIA
GOD FORBID
FULL BLOWN CHAOS
WITH HONOR
LOVE IS RED
BLACKLISTED
THE AUTUMN OFFERING
& FOREVER I BURN
This show as every year will be at The Electric Factory.

not the best lineup, but this will be a good show.[/QUOTE]

:amaze:

i was in [i]f[/i]ucking shock when i read about that...cause c'mon, why would alabel known for its Black Metal bands start getting hardcore bands to sign with them....it's just not right....

BuddyBigsby 10-23-2004 01:53 AM

Hot Cross have a lot of different stuff going on. I think of them as a screamo band at heart, but they definitely have their own thing going on. The Alexisonfire comparison was silly.

tornpictures 10-23-2004 02:28 AM

Everyone throws the term 'screamo' around way too much.
They have the adrenaline pumpin', of course, but they don't have any real true emotion going on on-stage.
Whoever denies that should go see a real emo band play.

NewKindofArmy03 10-23-2004 09:32 AM

[QUOTE=JAtomic]:amaze:

i was in [i]f[/i]ucking shock when i read about that...cause c'mon, why would alabel known for its Black Metal bands start getting hardcore bands to sign with them....it's just not right....[/QUOTE]
yeah, it happened a couple of months ago and some people had the same reaction.

axeslinga_32 10-23-2004 08:11 PM

bah,. dont deny it. the guitar leads, the dual vocals, the structure, very alexisonfire..

shane italian 10-23-2004 08:12 PM

[QUOTE=axeslinga_32]bah,. dont deny it. the guitar leads, the dual vocals, the structure, very alexisonfire..[/QUOTE]I find a lot of differences in the thingsyou mentioned.

Happymeal 10-23-2004 08:24 PM

I find it hard to compare Hot Cross with Alexis:p

Just bought Protest the Hero's ep, it's the balls.

shane italian 10-23-2004 10:34 PM

My new Winamp skin is so pimp. Guns rule.

I was going to see The Deal tonight but I just didn't feel like it...I totally blew off this band that was giving me a ride. Oh well.

Next week:
Friday - Backyard-ish show with Adora, Betrayed, and some other local bands. There will be a lot of faggots and a lot of drama. FUN!
Saturday - The Warriors & With Or Without You in Anaheim. HALLOWEEN SHOW!

young, loud and andrew 10-23-2004 10:46 PM

Tomorrow Night: Zombie Apocalypse, The AKAs, Anterrabae, Sayonara, Drowning Man, We.re All Broken, The Back Up Plan @ CBGBs.

Anyone heard Drowning Man or Sayonara? What do they sound like?

Xrichy brawlX 10-23-2004 11:08 PM

Haha this was funny. Where's Posi-Core in his list! And NYHC? AY? AY?

shane italian 10-23-2004 11:09 PM

[QUOTE=Xrichy brawlX]Haha this was funny. Where's Posi-Core in his list! And NYHC? AY? AY?[/QUOTE]Shut it.

Xrichy brawlX 10-23-2004 11:14 PM

Do ya mean stop typing?

Feel The Darkness 10-23-2004 11:17 PM

[QUOTE=shane italian]My new Winamp skin is so pimp. Guns rule.

I was going to see The Deal tonight but I just didn't feel like it...I totally blew off this band that was giving me a ride. Oh well.

Next week:
Friday - Backyard-ish show with Adora, Betrayed, and some other local bands. There will be a lot of faggots and a lot of drama. FUN!
Saturday - The Warriors & With Or Without You in Anaheim. HALLOWEEN SHOW![/QUOTE]

:amaze:

guns DO NOT rule...and how could you possibly miss out on seeing the Deal...they're one of the best hardcore bands around...its nonsense to miss out on seeing them...even if you've seen them before...tsk tsk seņor italian

shane italian 10-23-2004 11:19 PM

But-but-but I was tirrred today. And they live in San Diego, they will be back in no time.

Xrichy brawlX 10-23-2004 11:19 PM

Are they that awesomly wicked band on Facedown?

shane italian 10-23-2004 11:21 PM

Totally brah

Feel The Darkness 10-23-2004 11:23 PM

yea, they are one of the best hardcore bands ive seen in a while...although i saw them a while back...and you are forgiven shane...for now....just casue i forgot you are in the area...you lucky bastard....oh and Fallcore is coming up in Houston...the best hardcore bands in all of texas on two stages...November 13....its gonna be friggin great :chug:

shane italian 10-23-2004 11:29 PM

Do you have any links about the fest? I'm interested on who's playing.

I don't know when it is, but you should goto the Texas Showdown in Dallas if you get the chance. Way fun considering its in my favorite club.

Xrichy brawlX 10-24-2004 01:16 AM

The Deal are Christian :P

BuddyBigsby 10-24-2004 03:18 AM

They're from my town. I do believe they practice a few blocks from me. Great band.

EDIT (after reading more of thread): I'm pretty sure they don't live in San Diego, Shane, unless they moved there recently. They're from Chino and I'm pretty sure at least a couple, if not all of the members, still live here.

BuddyBigsby 10-24-2004 03:20 AM

[QUOTE=tornpictures]Everyone throws the term 'screamo' around way too much.
They have the adrenaline pumpin', of course, but they don't have any real true emotion going on on-stage.
Whoever denies that should go see a real emo band play.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they have nothing on most emo bands when it comes to being emotional on stage, but Hot Cross are definitely emotional live. I enjoyed.

BuddyBigsby 10-24-2004 03:23 AM

[QUOTE=shane italian]My new Winamp skin is so pimp. Guns rule.

Next week:
Saturday - The Warriors & With Or Without You in Anaheim. HALLOWEEN SHOW![/QUOTE]

I'm off next Friday. Where is said show?

tornpictures 10-24-2004 10:44 AM

[QUOTE=shane italian]My new Winamp skin is so pimp. Guns rule.[/QUOTE]

There's only one real pimp thing on these boards, and that's me.