Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archives (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Love and Relationships Thread, no spam allowed (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442593)

Chaindrive 04-24-2006 08:53 PM

Sometimes it's a really big deal to people. No one says you have to do something you're uncomfortable with. Have you explained it to her?

Silent Death 04-24-2006 09:05 PM

Yeah, I have, and she has told me that she understands, but she wants more out of our relationship, and neither of us really have allot of time for just us... But she is willing to work at it and so am I.... so hopefully everything will turn out alright... I just kinda panicked a little when she told me that she didn't know how much longer things were going to last....

Chaindrive 04-24-2006 09:10 PM

That was probably just a dig. Probably not anything to worry about.

But if you're really uncomfortable with PDAs don't do it. It's not worth it.

Silent Death 04-24-2006 09:16 PM

Allright, thanks for the advice.

I'm not so worried/upset anymore... Thanks much.

Chaindrive 04-24-2006 09:19 PM

You're welcome. :)

telemore 04-24-2006 09:21 PM

Yea, what kimmie said.

If you're not cool with doing something, don't do it. Explain it to your partner.

This should cross over to everything. No ifs ands or buts.

Chaindrive 04-24-2006 09:24 PM

Exactly what Jake said. Sometimes this has to be non-negotiable.

telemore 04-24-2006 09:25 PM

Just wait till you get in more, intimate waters.

Jom 04-24-2006 09:27 PM

I can't handle PDAs at all. I find them irritating from a personal standpoint. I just don't see the use out of them, and in a girl, it shows signs of being ultra-clingy and that's no fun to feel like you're getting suffocated in public for all to see.

Sure, some girl can be like YEAH THAT'S MY BOYFRIEND WHAT YOU LOOKIN' AT SUCKA and some guy can be like YOU SEE THIS GIRL WITH MY TOUNGE DOWN HER THROAT I'M TAPPIN' THAT AS[font=verdana]S[/font] but I'm not like that.

telemore 04-24-2006 09:28 PM

Yea, I am usually pretty uncomfortable-to a point.

I think a kiss in public is ok. But to see folks suckin face in public-meh. Get a damn room. Christ.

Special Brew 04-24-2006 09:33 PM

I like PDAs. I don't see how people would have a problem with it. =\

Chaindrive 04-24-2006 09:51 PM

I'm not real comfortable with PDAs either. Like Jake said, a quick kiss in public is alright, but if someone grabs my [size=2]a[/size]ss, I'm gonna deck him.

Jom 04-24-2006 09:54 PM

Meh, I always associated PDAs with sucking each others' faces off, not kisses.

Chaindrive 04-24-2006 10:01 PM

There's a difference between sucking each others' faces off and kisses.

Jom 04-24-2006 10:07 PM

Uh, yes, hence me grouping one without the other.

Idiot Martyr 04-25-2006 01:17 PM

I'd be pretty uncomfortable like making out in front of people anyways. No problem with a quick kiss though.

Special Brew 04-25-2006 01:20 PM

I can see how making out and things would be uncomfortable. But simple stuff like kissing, hugging, or whatever, I don't see how that could be a problem.

Rasta Rocker 04-25-2006 01:32 PM

Strange story...for those who know what happened with me and Julia.

While I was walking through the hallway to go to my first class, she handed me a picture of me and her from the last dance. I was thinking WTF. I'm not upset or anything, just puzzled.

real_low_mind 04-25-2006 02:15 PM

I hate PDA. Im' in high school so I see it every day. Maybe the reason I hate it so much is because they BLOCK the halls and BLOCK the door to my classrooms and make me late?

FVG27 04-25-2006 02:20 PM

[QUOTE=real_low_mind]I hate PDA. Im' in high school so I see it every day. Maybe the reason I hate it so much is because they BLOCK the halls and BLOCK the door to my classrooms and make me late?[/QUOTE]
PDA isn't allowed at my school :)

pohl_56 04-25-2006 08:06 PM

So me and my gf broke up today... I kinda saw it coming and it was mutual and we are still really good friends, which is good. In fact im talking to her right now. What a day eh?

B 04-25-2006 08:10 PM

[QUOTE=real_low_mind]I hate PDA. Im' in high school so I see it every day. Maybe the reason I hate it so much is because they BLOCK the halls and BLOCK the door to my classrooms and make me late?[/QUOTE]
Just push them out of the way or say "excuse me" and if they don't hear it yell it. I do it. If they want to make out at school at least find a corner or something :-\

Special Brew 04-25-2006 09:07 PM

So, uhh, is it normal to feel absolutely horrible that the girl you dumped is seeing someone else?

Chaindrive 04-25-2006 09:11 PM

Nope.

Ibanex0110 04-25-2006 09:13 PM

so umm. today at lunch, i was sitting with my gf, and there was this other semi attractive female with a really low cut shirt on. needless to say, as any male would, i checked her out a few times, probably without even thinking about it. i guess i semi got caught, she didn't bring it up until like a hour ago online, in a real non chalant manner. "i'm sure you don't mind such and such girl, you checked her out enough at lunch" for whatever reason, i felt the need to apoligize and try to justify this. i said "sorry if that bothered you, it was hard to not glance....they were hanging out all over the place" which is the truth really, i wouldn't check out a girl in front of my gf unless it was really like....hard not to. anyway, that statement seemed to make all hell break loose. it doesn't seem like it should be a big deal, but i guess it was. apparently in my school i'm semi known as a pervert, and this is the one thing she doesn't like about me. i don't think i'm much of a pervert, at least not any more so then what is considered normal. but whatever. i'm going to see her first thing at school tommorrow, and i'm not sure what to do, just continue on like nothing happened....say i'm sorry about last night....idk. probably making this out to be way bigger then what it really is

Chaindrive 04-25-2006 09:25 PM

Why are you considered a pervert?

Ibanex0110 04-25-2006 09:35 PM

well, the main thing is this girl had this pic of her with no shirt, and just her hands over her boobs on her myspace. i saved it...and made the mistake of sending it to this bi girl, who then thought i was a huge pervert, and told everyone. other then that, idk

Tiger 04-25-2006 09:42 PM

Im all for PDA.

Just wanted to chime in.

Dude3 04-25-2006 10:03 PM

Sooo, just to let you know, i think I might end up posting in here a lot more in the upcoming weeks.

For anybody who rememebrs me, basically:

I'm over Wynston, and now I consider her just my best friend.

Eveyrtihng worked out with moving. I'm moving into a town home on Monday, in the area with all my friends. ITs better than perfect. Not to mention that after my parent's divorce, my mom is moving back in with us. No, my parents are still split, but at least I get to see my mom everyday now.

Better yet, I met a new girl. Her name is Breanna.

.....she's a model.

She's awesome. She usued to live here, moved away, and now she moved back. She's basically gonna be my neighbor when I move on Monday. I can see her house from mine. And I like her....i think i might have a chance. We played truth or dare, and ksised twice cause of it. And i tihnk that that may have started a little spark between us.

But yah, that's just a quick overview of the past few days. I'll keep ya updated, and I'm sure I'll be asking more and more questions.

I gotta go pack now =).

Tillius 04-25-2006 10:06 PM

Congrats. :thumb:

I'm gonna keep up with this one.