Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archives (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Love and Relationships Thread, no spam allowed (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442593)

nobodyblossomsforever 07-23-2006 01:23 PM

yes go for it and good luck man :)

now enjoy staring at the bouncing tits on my avatar

RouteOne 07-23-2006 01:30 PM

[QUOTE=purplefeet]I know its depressing but always remember, whatever happens..time heals all. Its sad, but very true. You'll be fine, and if its meant to be, your relationship will be fine too.

And Gort, I wouldnt worry too much. Most of the people I know, their relationships are legal, or borderline. So, enjoy yourself :) No worries.

I think Im going to hang out with one of my guys friends whom I have only seen once seen I started dating my boyfriend. A little while into my relationship, my guy friend basically confessed his love for me and I told him I cared for my boyfriend a lot and that was the end of that.

With good reason I avoided him for about 7 months, and have only seen him once since then which was recent. So, I think we are chilling tonight. Which is good cause I missed being his friend, we had some fun times. Now that I think he is over me, I think its safe to hang out with him without being worried he is going to say or do anything.[/QUOTE]
I know. I should just let the dice roll and be supportive of what she wants to do. I love her too much to have her not do something she wants on account of me not likeing it.

g°®† 07-23-2006 01:34 PM

[QUOTE=nobodyblossomsforever]yes go for it and good luck man :)

now enjoy staring at the bouncing tits on my avatar[/QUOTE]

Remember my boobies avatar? I want it back! :(

anyway ... I'll give her a call tonight. I met her on Friday.

DreamWorld 07-23-2006 01:43 PM

Gort, I believe it's ok to date a minor by law. It's only illegal if there's sexual relations.

Illmatic 07-23-2006 01:46 PM

Any other guys in relationships flirt with other girls?

I mean, at parties and stuff I'll flirt with girls, but part of the reason is because I feel comfortable and let loose because I know it won't go anywhere (for obvious reasons...) and it never does go anywhere, but sometimes I wonder if it's kind of scumbag-ish

g°®† 07-23-2006 01:47 PM

yeah ... I'll call her up tonight and see if she wants to hang out with her friends and me (and my friend who is the one who introduced her to me). Go for a group outing and keep it lax.

now, I gotta get a car.

purplefeet 07-23-2006 01:50 PM

[QUOTE=Illmatic]Any other guys in relationships flirt with other girls?

I mean, at parties and stuff I'll flirt with girls, but part of the reason is because I feel comfortable and let loose because I know it won't go anywhere (for obvious reasons...) and it never does go anywhere, but sometimes I wonder if it's kind of scumbag-ish[/QUOTE]

I do it sometimes.

EDIT: No, I kind of dont. I used to though.

Steerpike 07-23-2006 01:50 PM

[QUOTE=Illmatic]Any other guys in relationships flirt with other girls?

I mean, at parties and stuff I'll flirt with girls, but part of the reason is because I feel comfortable and let loose because I know it won't go anywhere (for obvious reasons...) and it never does go anywhere, but sometimes I wonder if it's kind of scumbag-ish[/QUOTE]

I see nothing wrong with it.

DreamWorld 07-23-2006 01:52 PM

If my girlfriend was flirting with other guys it would make me feel kind of low. I'd get the impression that she isn't satisfied with me.

I Am a Hat 07-23-2006 01:53 PM

hey would any of you date someone who lived in a tent

Illmatic 07-23-2006 01:53 PM

Even if sometimes it gets physical?

Steerpike 07-23-2006 01:54 PM

[QUOTE=DreamWorld]If my girlfriend was flirting with other guys it would make me feel kind of low. I'd get the impression that she isn't satisfied with me.[/QUOTE]

Chances are, that would have less to do with her and more with your preception of yourself, eventually turning itself into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

[QUOTE=Illmatic]Even if sometimes it gets physical?[/QUOTE]

Depends on how you define physical.

DreamWorld 07-23-2006 01:55 PM

[QUOTE=I Am a Hat]hey would any of you date someone who lived in a tent[/QUOTE]

I doubt it.

How would they keep decent hygiene if they only had a tent?

Silent Death 07-23-2006 01:58 PM

[QUOTE=I Am a Hat]hey would any of you date someone who lived in a tent[/QUOTE]

Probably, as long as she was nice, clean (DreamWorld's point), and wasn't a slut.

Edit: And she would have to be pretty damn hawt

I Am a Hat 07-23-2006 01:59 PM

[QUOTE=DreamWorld]I doubt it.

How would they keep decent hygiene if they only had a tent?[/QUOTE]
what if it was a really cool tent with alot of zippers and stuff

DreamWorld 07-23-2006 01:59 PM

[QUOTE=I Am a Hat]what if it was a really cool tent with alot of zippers and stuff[/QUOTE]

And indoor plumbing with a shower and stuff?

Illmatic 07-23-2006 02:00 PM

[QUOTE]Depends on how you define physical.[/QUOTE]

kissing (no tongue), light groping (maybe the wrong word to use, but there's still touching involved), stuff like that.

Steerpike 07-23-2006 02:02 PM

[QUOTE=Illmatic]kissing (no tongue), light groping (maybe the wrong word to use, but there's still touching involved), stuff like that.[/QUOTE]

To put things into perspective, think about how many people end up doing much worse from alcohol, desperation, bets/dares, money, or any combination thereof, and continue to do it over and over again without showing any sign of accumulated memory or the ability to learn from mistakes. Now think about what you just said.

Doesn't sound so bad all of a sudden, does it?

I Am a Hat 07-23-2006 02:03 PM

[QUOTE=DreamWorld]And indoor plumbing with a shower and stuff?[/QUOTE]
you're so shallow

DreamWorld 07-23-2006 02:04 PM

I wouldn't mess around with anyone if I had a girlfriend that I loved. But I would only have a girlfriend if I thought that I would be in love with her.

Steerpike 07-23-2006 02:06 PM

[QUOTE=DreamWorld]I wouldn't mess around with anyone if I had a girlfriend that I loved. But I would only have a girlfriend if I thought that I would be in love with her.[/QUOTE]

Let's get our technical terms straight. Flirting is not the same as messing around. Messing around implies the swapping of a few fluids and some activities behind closed doors. Flirting is just playful banter and teasing.

EinzingerIsGod 07-23-2006 03:26 PM

[QUOTE=DreamWorld]I wouldn't mess around with anyone if I had a girlfriend that I loved. But I would only have a girlfriend if I thought that I would be in love with her.[/QUOTE]

But there is no way of knowing right away if you will love someone or not.

AmericanWeiner 07-23-2006 04:28 PM

ok I just thought I would drop in and say

next'd

Chaindrive 07-23-2006 04:31 PM

Uh oh. What happened?

DreamWorld 07-23-2006 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=EinzingerIsGod]But there is no way of knowing right away if you will love someone or not.[/QUOTE]

I know love takes time to develope, but I meant that I would only go into a relationship if there was a strong connection that could possibly develope into love.

AmericanWeiner 07-23-2006 04:38 PM

[QUOTE=Chaindrive]Uh oh. What happened?[/QUOTE]

Well...a couple weeks ago, I told her we should get together and watch some movies. After a few delays, we finally go together today and watched the skeleton key...or rather, I watched it, because she fell asleep.

Anyways, I told her that I was giving up because I was tired of being [I]the friend[/I]. She said she just wasn't looking for anything more than that right now.

I'm...fine with it. People call me a pessimist, but I'm never wrong. :\

Chaindrive 07-23-2006 04:39 PM

I'm sorry. But at least she was honest with you.

AmericanWeiner 07-23-2006 04:42 PM

[QUOTE=Chaindrive]I'm sorry. But at least she was honest with you.[/QUOTE]

It's cool

hey after watching my ex of a year and a half move in with another guy 4-5 months later after telling me to wait for her this is nothing

g°®† 07-23-2006 04:42 PM

*[i]is getting nervous/anxious about calling that girl[/i]*

This always happens ... I'll get a little worked up and be reluctant to call, then I'll call and everything goes smoothly.

Don't mind me.

*[i]isn't going to call her tonight anyway as he is in a bad mood from work[/i]*

nobodyblossomsforever 07-23-2006 04:45 PM

You should call her to get yourself out of the bad mood. :)