Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Hardcore Community Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193593)

AndHagan3 10-13-2004 08:47 PM

I love when people chorograph the dancing so both people are doing the same thing together at the same time. Sweet man.

young, loud and andrew 10-13-2004 08:48 PM

[QUOTE=shane italian]Bush is POSI? Aren't you?[/QUOTE]

that's why i like him so much. :lol:

shane italian 10-13-2004 08:58 PM

[QUOTE=noneed66]Are you and shane gunna do some hxc dancin together?[/QUOTE]t0tally man. backflips and all.

CONNER_NWHC 10-13-2004 09:02 PM

whoaa i didnt know you where that 'core.

BuddyBigsby 10-13-2004 09:05 PM

Good times will indeed be had.

Also: Apparently No Innocent Victim are back together, because they're playing a show here soon with First Blood. Score.

shane italian 10-13-2004 09:11 PM

[QUOTE=BuddyBigsby]Good times will indeed be had.

Also: Apparently No Innocent Victim are back together, because they're playing a show here soon with First Blood. Score.[/QUOTE]Where is this. I must go.

BuddyBigsby 10-13-2004 09:13 PM

Glasshouse, Nov 19. xDeathstarx and Sinai Beach are there too.

shane italian 10-13-2004 09:15 PM

Meh, I won't have the $$$ to go because of 100 Demons.

BuddyBigsby 10-13-2004 09:17 PM

Get a job you bum.

shane italian 10-13-2004 09:18 PM

Haha, I can't until December 3 when I get my license.

Silvermedalmafia 10-13-2004 11:16 PM

counting down the hours?

Gotkookie 10-13-2004 11:20 PM

Being late born sucks.... December 13th

Heres the way I like to think about it, "I hope the people born before me die before me"

cbmartinez 10-14-2004 01:29 PM

So I think I'm gonna' pick up Hopesfall's [I]A-Types[/I] on November 2. [I]The Satellite Years[/I] is actually a bit underwhelming. I'm pretty sure that they have dual vocals going on, does anyone know who the second voice is?

BuddyBigsby 10-14-2004 02:16 PM

On the A-Types songs? I think Jay just learned how to sing.

cbmartinez 10-14-2004 03:06 PM

Nah, on the stuff on Satellite Years sometimes theirs dual and backing screams.

NewKindofArmy03 10-14-2004 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=shane italian]Meh, I won't have the $$$ to go because of 100 Demons.[/QUOTE]
is that the show with Hoods, Cast Aside, and Donnybrook? if so, you're lucky, that show is going to rule so much.

BuddyBigsby 10-14-2004 03:31 PM

Yes, but no Hoods.

shane italian 10-14-2004 03:35 PM

Did you hear about the Hoods show on Nov. 16?

BuddyBigsby 10-14-2004 03:39 PM

No. Where at?

Also!: haha, I just got a free ticket for that Unearth tour tonight. I was originally not going to go as I only really wanted to see BDM and Terror, so I have to work. Luckily, I work 5 minutes from the venue so as soon as I get off (around 9:45) I'm going to go down there, hopefully catch a couple Unearth songs and m0sh it up, then go home.

cbmartinez 10-14-2004 03:54 PM

The scene near me is a joke. Sure, the bands are good, but the people there are really starting to make me angry. First off, punk is supposed to be about originality right? Well, when I go to these shows, all I see is people wearing the same godda[SIZE=2]m[/SIZE]n Hot Topic shirts, tight pants, studs, etc. I know this argument is a tough one and has been made before, but I'd just thought I'd say that's it become increasingly sad around my area. Also, lately I've seen an increase in 14 year old teenage sluts, who stand their giggling, making sure they are at least 10 feet away from the pit at all times. And lest they be rammed by a kid from the pit. The kid then receives a stare from about 7 girls, usually accompanied by whispering and giggling. This leads me to me next point. Punk is also supposed to be about individuality. I go to a show to escape the little popular kid cliques of school. But of course, what am I greeted by? Little girls, sporting mini skirts and Von Dutch. I hear some of them talking about someone who looks ugly, which really gets me angry. These kids come to the fu[SIZE=2]c[/SIZE]king shows to escape, and they get made fun of? What the hell is that? The Trenton scene is becoming more of a joke with every band and new Hot Topic item.

That's my rant.

shane italian 10-14-2004 03:55 PM

[QUOTE=BuddyBigsby]No. Where at?

Also!: haha, I just got a free ticket for that Unearth tour tonight. I was originally not going to go as I only really wanted to see BDM and Terror, so I have to work. Luckily, I work 5 minutes from the venue so as soon as I get off (around 9:45) I'm going to go down there, hopefully catch a couple Unearth songs and m0sh it up, then go home.[/QUOTE]it's at the Glasshouse.

BuddyBigsby 10-14-2004 03:58 PM

Hoods at the Glasshouse?! What the? Are they opening for somebody?

BuddyBigsby 10-14-2004 03:59 PM

[QUOTE=cbmartinez24]The scene near me is a joke. Sure, the bands are good, but the people there are really starting to make me angry. First off, punk is supposed to be about originality right? Well, when I go to these shows, all I see is people wearing the same godda[SIZE=2]m[/SIZE]n Hot Topic shirts, tight pants, studs, etc. I know this argument is a tough one and has been made before, but I'd just thought I'd say that's it become increasingly sad around my area. Also, lately I've seen an increase in 14 year old teenage sluts, who stand their giggling, making sure they are at least 10 feet away from the pit at all times. And lest they be rammed by a kid from the pit. The kid then receives a stare from about 7 girls, usually accompanied by whispering and giggling. This leads me to me next point. Punk is also supposed to be about individuality. I go to a show to escape the little popular kid cliques of school. But of course, what am I greeted by? Little girls, sporting mini skirts and Von Dutch. I hear some of them talking about someone who looks ugly, which really gets me angry. These kids come to the fu[SIZE=2]c[/SIZE]king shows to escape, and they get made fun of? What the hell is that? The Trenton scene is becoming more of a joke with every band and new Hot Topic item.

That's my rant.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to every backyard show in the oc.

shane italian 10-14-2004 04:01 PM

[QUOTE=BuddyBigsby]Welcome to every backyard show in the oc.[/QUOTE]My friend tells me that south OC is full of fashion kids and north OC is full of genuine kids. It seems to be true.

cbmartinez 10-14-2004 04:01 PM

[QUOTE=BuddyBigsby]Welcome to every backyard show in the oc.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. I thought the Cali scene was cooler. At least you have some cool bands. But it looks like it's the same everywhere.

Let's Chop Cats! 10-14-2004 04:01 PM

This is why you head walk these motherfu[size=2]c[/size]kers. Seriously. It happens all the time here.

shane italian 10-14-2004 04:03 PM

[QUOTE=cbmartinez24]That sucks. I thought the Cali scene was cooler. At least you have some cool bands. But it looks like it's the same everywhere.[/QUOTE]SoCal scene = poop
NorCal scene = good

listerine ice cream 10-14-2004 04:04 PM

[QUOTE=cbmartinez24]But it looks like it's the same everywhere.[/QUOTE]

Indeed it is.

cbmartinez 10-14-2004 04:04 PM

[QUOTE=shane italian]SoCal scene = poop
NorCal scene = good[/QUOTE]

You guys in NorCal?

nothing6 10-14-2004 04:04 PM

anyone know a good site for lyrics?