Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Jam Session (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Jam Sessions community thread! (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286952)

Alive 12-27-2006 03:31 PM

Hey moaner, did you apply to Oxford/Cambridge in the end?

Alive 12-30-2006 04:39 AM

Hey Trea, your website seems to be broken or something. :/

[url]http://www.tdknights.com/trea/songs/[/url]

Trigger_003 12-31-2006 08:24 PM

Yeah I can't log onto my ftp and everything else is down. One of my friends in Sydney is hosting it and I haven't talked to him in ages... that might be the problem, haha.

Happy new year guys :).

Alive 01-01-2007 06:01 PM

[QUOTE=Trigger_003;13927463]Yeah I can't log onto my ftp [/QUOTE]

:confused:

Yeah, Happy New Year :) You have a good NYE?

Aes820 01-01-2007 06:39 PM

Happy new year, all.

Trigger_003 01-01-2007 07:01 PM

Yeah it was great! We went into the city and got right next to the river for the fireworks (close as). We got a tram to the beach at about 1 because it was so packed any direction towards a station and stuffed around on the pier and caught the last train home \m/.

Haha, with one of the bands, an old lady climbed up on stage to start dancing. Security pulled her off after a few minutes and I started up a cheer because I'm cool. Haha.
What'd you and everyone else do?

ftp = place where you upload whatever. can't log into it. I think he deleted my access or something.

Aes820 01-01-2007 09:07 PM

Trea, did you hear anything on the news about the hail storms that we got here in Canberra on NYE?
It was crazy. Nearly my whole street was underwater. There was about a foot deep of hail stones covering the ground and most of my frontyard got washed into my backyard.
Nothing got in the house tho, so that's all okay. But my back shed got flooded out. And some houses that are further down the hill from me had rooves collapse in and stuff like that.
They were unbelievable storms, I'd never seen anything like it before.
But it stopped raining by about 9pm. So we all could still have our parties.
I spent New Years Day cleaning up the mess that was left behind.. With a hangover.

Trigger_003 01-01-2007 10:39 PM

Nah I hadn't. That said, I haven't been home at any decent time when news would be on since new years haha.
It was a (really milder) version of that down here too... hail and thunderstorms all across the state but then it turned out to be quite a hot night. Had to work hard to convince dad to let us go after the storms hit. The BOM released an warnings update in my favour just in time though :).

Oh man, so all that work you'd done out the front...?
Still, sounds like you were lucky considering. What a way to start off your year :(.

Jo Shoe Wah 01-02-2007 05:54 AM

Hi Andrew :) Welcome to Mx

And jeez Chris that's nuts. We had predictions for rain but i didn't notice any all night up here. Hope my family in canberra didn't get hit too hard :eek: Hope the damage isn't too bad aye.

Auberge le Mouton Noir 01-08-2007 12:04 PM

Yo Aes/dudes

So i got a valve amp for christmas (it's the best, laney VC15-110, really happy with it)

and i was wondering

If i put my electro-acoustic into it

and the fX send to my pc's line in

could i just use the pre-amp like that, safely, to valve up acoustic recording?

I suppose i could send the speaker out to the FX return and run it like that but i don't really have the cables for it and i for some reason instinctively don't want to

thanks for any help

moaner

Trigger_003 01-08-2007 09:44 PM

Only advice I can give is put it into postage stuff and send it to Trea.
Best thing to do imo.

That's awesome, have fun (sorry, I knows nothing).

Jon 01-15-2007 02:52 AM

I've decided that Jam Sessions is my favourite forum on MX :)

I don't know why its taken me 4 years to discover this place but its nice, I like.

Auberge le Mouton Noir 01-15-2007 08:21 AM

[QUOTE=Alive;13898715]Hey moaner, did you apply to Oxford/Cambridge in the end?[/QUOTE]

I did, i got an interview, i really went off the idea, i got pooled, and i'm currently waiting for my rejection.

I HOPE i get rejected because if not i actually have to go and then it's byebye spending the whole of my uni years drinking and hello "working hard"

Jon 01-15-2007 08:53 AM

My friend got accepted to Oxford :gah:

I say friend, I mean one of my childhood friends-come-family friends you know, so its weird me sitting here living on a prayer, basically, and him off to Oxford in september.

Funny how life progresses I guess. Same toddler group, both clever kids, now completely different ends of the spectrum.

Anyway.

Auberge le Mouton Noir 01-15-2007 09:05 AM

[QUOTE=Jon;14024405]My friend got accepted to Oxford :gah:

I say friend, I mean one of my childhood friends-come-family friends you know, so its weird me sitting here living on a prayer, basically, and him off to Oxford in september.

Funny how life progresses I guess. Same toddler group, both clever kids, now completely different ends of the spectrum.

Anyway.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I bet your mum has a field day with that one.

"so-and-so isnt a good for nothing punk *** kid..."

Jon 01-15-2007 09:19 AM

academia just isn't for me, I'm afraid :(

Aes820 01-15-2007 10:56 PM

Moaner: Sorry about not getting to your question earlier. I haven't looked in this thread for ages.

Yes you can record via the FX send, although it may sound a little thin. It probably wont sound as good as what you'd get if you mic it up or record off a dedicated 'line out'.

But with tube amps you should always have a speaker plugged into it at all times. Don't disconnect the speaker while trying to achieve silent recording. It's very bad news for the amp.

And I got a photo of the hail after the storm on New Years Eve.
This is my local shops. About a 5 minute walk up the hill from my house.
[url]http://www.dropbear.net/files/P1010144.JPG[/url]

Auberge le Mouton Noir 01-16-2007 07:28 AM

[QUOTE=Aes820;14030665]Moaner: Sorry about not getting to your question earlier. I haven't looked in this thread for ages.

Yes you can record via the FX send, although it may sound a little thin. It probably wont sound as good as what you'd get if you mic it up or record off a dedicated 'line out'.

But with tube amps you should always have a speaker plugged into it at all times. Don't disconnect the speaker while trying to achieve silent recording. It's very bad news for the amp.

And I got a photo of the hail after the storm on New Years Eve.
This is my local shops. About a 5 minute walk up the hill from my house.
[url]http://www.dropbear.net/files/P1010144.JPG[/url][/QUOTE]

Crikey! ;)

Akira 01-16-2007 07:20 PM

I don't want to make a thread, so I am just going ti put this here if it is cool.

So I am a bassist and am interested in learning to sing. I CANNOT sing, but I would love to at least get decent. So I want a cheap microphone to record myself and try to improve my voice. Since I don't know if I will ever be able to really improve my voice, it is possible that the mike won't get a ton of use, or will be used for amping acoustic guitar. So I don't want to spend a lot, but I don't want garbage. The Shure SM58s seem to get good reviews, and the price is right. Can anyone recommend a better mic in the price range?

Trigger_003 01-16-2007 11:12 PM

Haha hey Jon :).

Far out man, that's crazy. It also reminds me that I should be in the pool right about now because it's so dam[I]n[/I] stuffy here.

Akira: 57s/58s are pretty much your industry standard - they work well and you can use them with your bass work. I'll let someone else write more if they feel like it... my laptop's getting way too hot.

Auberge le Mouton Noir 01-24-2007 08:16 AM

Is there any way to uise a laptop as a Real-time loop station?

Just a peice of software that'll simple take an inputwhilst i stand on the spacebar (OF A SEPERATE KEYBOARD OF COURSE) and then start looping when i let go?

[size=1]rereading what i've written i'm pretty sure the answeer will be no[/size]

TheMisterBungle 02-22-2007 08:03 PM

Hey guys, I kind of new to reading notes.
I'm working on the guitar right now, with my note reading.
Anything special you guys recommend for learning it all?

mood_swing_queen 02-22-2007 08:08 PM

[QUOTE=Auberge le Mouton Noir;14092487]Is there any way to uise a laptop as a Real-time loop station?

Just a peice of software that'll simple take an inputwhilst i stand on the spacebar (OF A SEPERATE KEYBOARD OF COURSE) and then start looping when i let go?

[size=1]rereading what i've written i'm pretty sure the answeer will be no[/size][/QUOTE]

That would be awesome to have keyboard loop pedal

Charlie Daniels 03-07-2007 07:43 AM

F.T.A. is the proper abbreviation for the phrase "[B]F[/B]ailed [B]T[/B]o [B]A[/B]chieve."

Dr Hooch 03-07-2007 02:20 PM

210 posts is pretty good innings if that's a spambot, and pretty damn depressing if it's not.

danmoses 04-01-2007 01:58 PM

hey hey hey

Dr Hooch 04-04-2007 02:28 PM

Dudes

srs question for srs people

There is finale notepad on my pc

I want to do some midi composition with staves and tab for guitars

will i find anything better for free

or not

Trigger_003 04-18-2007 10:02 PM

sup.

PT or GPdemo (which is lame). That's all I've got for ya. And Finale's better than those obviously.

fishbulb 05-20-2007 10:39 AM

Waddup guys?

So i'm a drummer, 16 years old (17 in two months) been playing drums for almost 3 years, brother to a guitarist who bought a Phonic firewire mixer 16 input for recording. We have 4 microphone stands, 5 shitty Nady/Audio Technica vocal microphones, an MXL Fox which is decent, and 1 SM57.

I'm really interested in recording, and want to learn as much as i can about it so i can experiment this summer.

So expect to see a lot more of me here. :thumb:

AnyoneWithEyes 05-23-2007 09:26 AM

Well, this is my first post here... I play keyboard/piano, some guitar, and sing a lot, and like to write/record music, so here I am! I'll be around...