Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archives (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Love and Relationships Thread, no spam allowed (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442593)

dazmo 03-05-2006 12:31 AM

why do you feel so attatched if you've never met her (serious question)?

purplefeet 03-05-2006 12:39 AM

[QUOTE=the pope.]i had a realy bad few days.
ive been talkign to this girl for like 6 months now
and she lives 100 miles away
ive still never seen her, so that sucks. but anyways
recently shes been akward on the phone
so i asked her whats up, and shes like
i dont want to get attached , and i dont care if you want to meet other girls
which trust me, i dont.
but i cant get her to take me back in the way she use to
i think i should just give up, and find someone closer
but shes to cool to do that, and i feel like i never will

what do i do : [[/QUOTE]

Did you meet her on the internet, because really..if you did -> vacuum whatever type of fantasy you have brewing in your head of how things could be with a person you havent even met before. And if you cant even talk to her on the phone because it is ackward, what does that say about the stability and communication of your relationship/friendship whatever it is. Maybe it is good that she popped out of her bubble, its time for you to wake up.

Sorry to be extremely blunt and rude if you will, but your relationship:
1. Is not going to work
2.No relationship you have will work/be considered a relationship if your only means of talking are online. I dont care if your aunt, uncle, cousin or whatever have some story of how they met online and now they are married - its NOT going to happen.
3.Get out and meet people.

TojesDolan 03-05-2006 01:06 AM

purplefeet is right. There's no reason in being attached to someone that way if there's no physical interaction whatsoever. Personally, I need to see a person to actually fall for her: the stares, the breathing, the awkward moments of silence and the flirtateous (if that's even an adjective) heat of the moment.

Then again, if she lives far away, why keep on suffering? Either she's getting it going with some other *insert name here* having *insert action here* somewhere 100 miles away from you. The best thing to do in this case: Go out, meet other people. Breaking the shell is always a tough thing to do, but trust me, it's the best thing you'll do to yourself regarding personal development.

Cheers.

pohl_56 03-05-2006 11:24 AM

^^^ You all have taken the words right outta my mouth.

Though the net might be a good place to get to know people better once you already have met them and maybe they had to go away or something, it will not work if you meet online and try it. Plus it is kinda pathetic, if that is the right word.

Jonny 03-05-2006 11:42 AM

[QUOTE=TojesDoLan]purplefeet is right. There's no reason in being attached to someone that way if there's no physical interaction whatsoever. Personally, I need to see a person to actually fall for her: the stares, the breathing, the awkward moments of silence and the flirtateous (if that's even an adjective) heat of the moment.
[/QUOTE]
*Flirtatious.
1. Given to flirting.
2. Full of playful allure.

Gotta say, I love that second definition. It's just kinda funny.

But you guys know what's weird? I was thinking the other night about my future and what I want to do, and Katy's not in it anymore. There was some other girl who I've not found yet instead. Which is cool.

Chrysostom 03-05-2006 11:48 AM

[QUOTE=Jonzey]There was some other girl who I've not found yet instead. Which is cool.[/QUOTE]

It's me.

Jonny 03-05-2006 11:53 AM

[QUOTE=Chrysostom]It's me.[/QUOTE]
No it's not. She's pretty.

Chrysostom 03-05-2006 11:54 AM

[QUOTE=Jonzey]No it's not. She's pretty.[/QUOTE]

Hey, you don't know how good I look in a miniskirt and fishnet tights. Don't knock me til you try me.

saars 03-05-2006 12:22 PM

hey guys. I'm so damn bored right now, I guess I'll tell you my problem. Well, two days ago, my gf left for florida to go on a cruise (I live on the west coast). She'll be out for about 10 days or so. Anyways, I just can't stand being 3,000 miles away from her for this long. She also doesn't have much contact to me, which makes it oh so much worse. Is there anything I can do to make me feel at least a little better? Life is just... unbearable :confused:

Jonny 03-05-2006 12:28 PM

[QUOTE=saars]hey guys. I'm so damn bored right now, I guess I'll tell you my problem. Well, two days ago, my gf left for florida to go on a cruise (I live on the west coast). She'll be out for about 10 days or so. Anyways, I just can't stand being 3,000 miles away from her for this long. She also doesn't have much contact to me, which makes it oh so much worse. Is there anything I can do to make me feel at least a little better? Life is just... unbearable :confused:[/QUOTE]
You could start by growing a pair of testicles.

10 days is NOT a long time. Chances are if you really think you have a future with this girl, at some point along the line you're going to have to be away from each other for a few days. Just hang out with some other friends, watch some TV, play some videogames or sports and just chill.

saars 03-05-2006 12:45 PM

yeah, you're right... Now that I think of it, that was a pretty stupid question to ask. thanks bro

FVG27 03-05-2006 01:57 PM

which trust me, i dont.

From experience... I would seriously reconsider this relationship. If you get very attached to someone who is far away it can be really tough to let go. I think she's making the right decision. By the sounds of things she cares about you, but is scared of getting hurt because of the distance. In this situation, I think you guys would be better off as friends.

Blue Haze 03-05-2006 02:01 PM

[QUOTE=Herbert_da_fish]If you get very attached to someone who is far away it can be really tough to let go. [/QUOTE]

One and a two and a three.

Pazz 03-05-2006 03:29 PM

Well I broke up with my girlfriend on Friday. I wasn't really all that upset, just a little annoyed because of the questions from the guy in my religion class.

purplefeet 03-05-2006 03:33 PM

[QUOTE=Pazz]Well I broke up with my girlfriend on Friday. I wasn't really all that upset, just a little annoyed because of the questions from the guy in my religion class.[/QUOTE]

Well thats good that you are fine with it then. :) Im sure you will find a much cooler chick anyway

Baliente 03-05-2006 06:03 PM

If anyone read my post a page back, here's an update.

I decided I'm going to leave her an anonymous note in study hall, just to satisfy me in some way. I thought of a quote to put in it, you guys tell me how it sounds. It's from a song that pretty much describes the situation.

"I'd have sworn that with time, thoughts of you would leave my head. I was wrong, and now I find just one thing makes me forget...Red red wine."

I'm also wondering if maybe I should put the entire song on there. I'd like to make it sort of artsy, sort of gives it some meaning, y'know? Thing is, I'm not that great of a drawer.

purplefeet 03-05-2006 06:18 PM

[QUOTE=Baliente]If anyone read my post a page back, here's an update.

I decided I'm going to leave her an anonymous note in study hall, just to satisfy me in some way. I thought of a quote to put in it, you guys tell me how it sounds. It's from a song that pretty much describes the situation.

"I'd have sworn that with time, thoughts of you would leave my head. I was wrong, and now I find just one thing makes me forget...Red red wine."

I'm also wondering if maybe I should put the entire song on there. I'd like to make it sort of artsy, sort of gives it some meaning, y'know? Thing is, I'm not that great of a drawer.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully she knows the song

~grif~ 03-05-2006 06:27 PM

[QUOTE=purplefeet]Did you meet her on the internet, because really..if you did -> vacuum whatever type of fantasy you have brewing in your head of how things could be with a person you havent even met before. And if you cant even talk to her on the phone because it is ackward, what does that say about the stability and communication of your relationship/friendship whatever it is. Maybe it is good that she popped out of her bubble, its time for you to wake up.

Sorry to be extremely blunt and rude if you will, but your relationship:
1. Is not going to work
2.No relationship you have will work/be considered a relationship if your only means of talking are online. I dont care if your aunt, uncle, cousin or whatever have some story of how they met online and now they are married - its NOT going to happen.
3.Get out and meet people.[/QUOTE]
I totally disagree.

For many many reasons.
You are totally wrong in saying it cant work
If you'd like to hear more - do quote me.

Baliente 03-05-2006 06:34 PM

[QUOTE=purplefeet]Hopefully she knows the song[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah. I was thinkin of maybe leaving a few over a month or so's time, leading up to one that she would figure out was me. "Kiss me and smile for me. Tell me that you'll wait for me. Hold me like you'll never let me go."

You're a girl aren't you? What do you think?

I Am a Hat 03-05-2006 06:40 PM

[QUOTE=Baliente]Haha, yeah. I was thinkin of maybe leaving a few over a month or so's time, leading up to one that she would figure out was me. "Kiss me and smile for me. Tell me that you'll wait for me. Hold me like you'll never let me go."

You're a girl aren't you? What do you think?[/QUOTE]
i'm not a girl, but this chick doesn't even know who'd be leaving these things. she wouldn't even be sure if she knew the guy. it's pretty creepy really.
which trust me, i dont.

telling a girl you want to be exclusive with her and NOT EVEN MEET OTHER GIRLS especially when YOU'VE NEVER REALLY MET HER is under no circumstances good

either she's uninterested and wants to end this "thing" or she just knows what she's doing and is making you think about her more and is setting you up to chase

The Fonz 03-05-2006 06:51 PM

[QUOTE=Loyton]My girlfriends little sister called me ugly. It hurt.

(not really, im hardcore, her sisters only like 12 so I put a proximity mine under her pillow lol, whos ugly now?)[/QUOTE]

Way to spam.

Im tired. This e-chick is no good, internet realationships never work out. sorry to be like. terse. but. Its not gonna work. keep talking to her if you want, thats cool. but see other girls.

I'll post better after a full nighst sleep i swear.

smart blockhead 03-05-2006 07:34 PM

I saw my ex today and she started talking about getting her prom dress when she's going with some other guy and I got pissed and moved. She's probably going to call me and ask why I'm upset. I really don't understand this, she says she has no plans to date this guy and i think she just wants to go to prom. We're going on a date next week and she calls me and stuff. I don't know if she's just leading me on or if she's lying about him or if she's just trying to make me jealous. I also don't know what to say when she calls.

The Fonz 03-05-2006 07:36 PM

so you and her broke up, and now you're going to go out again? Of did i read that wrong?

smart blockhead 03-05-2006 07:41 PM

[QUOTE=The Fonz]so you and her broke up, and now you're going to go out again? Of did i read that wrong?[/QUOTE]
We're going on a date and she said she would consider being my girlfriend again.

The Fonz 03-05-2006 07:45 PM

Well, maybe she was just trying accentuate the whole "one date and we'll see" thing?

Im not good at juding peoples inetntions, sorry.

Loch Tess Monster 03-05-2006 08:44 PM

Kiiiim, get online sometime, I have a question for you from the Tiger.

ps sorry for spam :(:(

smart blockhead 03-05-2006 08:46 PM

Whenever other people get on, answer my question, I really need advice.

Jom 03-05-2006 08:48 PM

Shoot, Tess and Blockhead. Kimmie will be back soon, I'm sure... maybe she really likes movies or something.

smart blockhead 03-05-2006 08:49 PM

[QUOTE=Jom]Shoot, Tess and Blockhead. Kimmie will be back soon, I'm sure... maybe she really likes movies or something.[/QUOTE]
I'm watching Terminator.:cool:

Loch Tess Monster 03-05-2006 08:49 PM

[QUOTE=smart blockhead]I saw my ex today and she started talking about getting her prom dress when she's going with some other guy and I got pissed and moved. She's probably going to call me and ask why I'm upset. I really don't understand this, she says she has no plans to date this guy and i think she just wants to go to prom. We're going on a date next week and she calls me and stuff. I don't know if she's just leading me on or if she's lying about him or if she's just trying to make me jealous. I also don't know what to say when she calls.[/QUOTE]
So you want to get back together with her, correct?