Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rock & Metal (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   any other death heads? (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528770)

Poofy 666 07-11-2007 10:58 PM

[QUOTE]Stop raggin' on ABRB. They aren't even that much metalcore. What about these bands like Emmure and Vanna and every other Victory Records named-after-a-person- band who play "Revolutionized Metal and Melody" that sound exactly like each other.[/QUOTE]

I don't care how you classify them, they are absolutely terrible. Even by deathcore standards.

Invicta_Veritas 07-11-2007 10:59 PM

[quote=Hbp;14964224]Ohhh. That might explain it.[/quote]

Yea....

LifeInABox 07-11-2007 11:00 PM

[QUOTE=Poofy 666;14964228]I don't care how you classify them, they are absolutely terrible. Even by deathcore standards.[/QUOTE]

Who?

C.O.A. 07-11-2007 11:00 PM

i respect necrophagist and btm for their [I]ability[/I], but they do get boring quickly.

Invicta_Veritas 07-11-2007 11:06 PM

Yup, there's a band mixup.

Poofy 666 07-11-2007 11:10 PM

ABRB

Beneath the Massacre is a terrible band. They are a prime example of focusing too much on technicality instead of writing an actual song.

C.O.A. 07-11-2007 11:17 PM

abrb is gay as hell.

i mean, how can you name a song "chug chug" wtf?

i am the robots 07-11-2007 11:24 PM

I'm pretty sure everybody here knows who Beneath The Massacre is.

Invicta_Veritas 07-12-2007 01:11 AM

[quote=i am the robots;14964285]I'm pretty sure everybody here knows who Beneath The Massacre is.[/quote]

The descriptions some people were giving highly contrast with the album I have, and are far more typical of Beneath the Sky.

i am the robots 07-12-2007 01:47 AM

Who knows, nobody likes anything anymore.

Slapping Penguin 07-12-2007 01:57 AM

[QUOTE=Dargon II;14962532]every single post of yours is either inane spam, retarded trolling (as above), or, worst of all, completely unintelligible ramblings that bear absolutely no relation to either the topic of the thread or the discussion in the previous few posts. I don't know whether you have an actual mental handicap or whether you're just plain stupid; but either way you've more than amply marked yourself as an inferior specimen of humanity.

It's funny you should mention that becuase my elitist attitude springs from two things;

1. my encyclopedic metal knowledge and my refined tastes
2. my extreme intelligence (my IQ is in the 99th percentile)

Even without metal, I'd still be infinitely superior to you and 99% of other people.

Also, I gave you that rep in the previous occasion because I didn't want to clog this thread up with fagg0try, which is what is happening now.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA, did you actually go to MENSA and get it done? Because if not that means nothing. Anyway, I got 140. Plus I got in one of the highest tiers for the militaries aptitude test. So I still don't think anything of it. Why? IQ tests actually prove very little with intelligence but you being 99% smarter than all people know this.

Plus, your [I]EQ [/I]is in the lowest 1st percentile.

The only Deathcore band I have heard is Glass Casket and that was one song. It was an enjoyable song.

About the Necrophagist discussion. Well, I like Nercophagist...but they really do wear quickly and you have to be in the mood. They are a real hit and miss thing. Some songs are great and some are just terrible. Sometimes they are a pleasure to listen to and others, just a chore. Thus, I do feel Nercophagist are really overated and I cannot understand why people rave about them as much as they do. Don't get me wrong though, I do like them haha.

EDIT: Oh look this is interesting: "The organization (MENSA) restricts its membership to people with high testable IQs.) High [I]Testable[/I] IQs, meaning not everyone ones intelligence can be sufficently demonstrated through a little test.

EDIT2: Binet

Alfred Binet did not believe that IQ test scales qualified to measure intelligence. He neither invented the term "intelligence quotient" nor supported its numerical expression. He stated:

The scale, properly speaking, does not permit the measure of intelligence, because intellectual qualities are not superposable, and therefore cannot be measured as linear surfaces are measured. (Binet 1905)

Binet had designed the Binet-Simon intelligence scale in order to identify students who needed special help in coping with the school curriculum. He argued that with proper remedial education programs, most students regardless of background could catch up and perform quite well in school. He did not believe that intelligence was a measurable fixed entity.

Binet cautioned:

Some recent thinkers seem to have given their moral support to these deplorable verdicts by affirming that an individual's intelligence is a fixed quantity, a quantity that cannot be increased. We must protest and react against this brutal pessimism; we must try to demonstrate that it is founded on nothing

Albert Binet is the guy who invented IQ tests.

So, Dargon you are defintely smarter than 99% of all people.

i am the robots 07-12-2007 02:02 AM

Dargon definitely speaks like a genius, what with his inability to work how humanity works.

Slapping Penguin, try checking out Undying, they're a pretty sweet deathcore band as well.

[url]http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/7/9/1252962/as%20above.mp3[/url]

Slapping Penguin 07-12-2007 02:19 AM

Thank you very much Matt, I listened to the whole thing and gave it a good chance. Unfortunately it didn't really strike a chord with me but thank you for showing me as I am always up for hearing new stuff.

i am the robots 07-12-2007 02:23 AM

Too much hardcore?

Slapping Penguin 07-12-2007 02:31 AM

No, although I don't know too much Hardcore my old school mates were big Hardcore fans so I am somwhat accustomed. Yeah, unfortunately I just don't think its my thing.

i am the robots 07-12-2007 02:32 AM

Aye. Understandable.

Jondur 07-12-2007 02:34 AM

[QUOTE=Slapping Penguin;14964837]

Plus, your [I]EQ [/I]is in the lowest 1st percentile.

[/QUOTE]

Hey man - I've cut my mids, boosted the treble and bass a bit for that thrash crunch - does that make my EQ any higher?

Slapping Penguin 07-12-2007 02:49 AM

Hahahaha,

Jondur I don't wanna say this because I know you probably know, but just to make sure EQ is like IQ where is measures people-skills and emotional intelligence. As best as a quantative scale can... which is probably not that well but its safe to assume Dargon would be pretty low.

Btw, that EQ is soooo metal ;) I am thinking of like Metallica And Justice For All EQ scoop :p

Oppse Matt, I stuffed up my post. I acutally mean't "although I am somewhat familiar with Hardcore."

i am the robots 07-12-2007 02:54 AM

Oh, btw, Penguin, since I can't recall your name. They don't even go by what Binet said anyway, they go for the Stanford interpretation of Binet's original test.

Hence the Stanford-Binet test.

Also, my IQ is measured in the "gifted" category, does that mean I'm better than people too?

Slapping Penguin 07-12-2007 02:56 AM

Dominique (Dom) :upset: (I am just not noticed)

Yes I was aware of that but regardless, Binet still makes a valid point. Even the Stanford interpretation does not make a numerical value of intelligence viable.

i am the robots 07-12-2007 02:58 AM

No, I was just throwing in pointless information cause I was like. Hey, I learned about that in psychology class!

n i notice u bebe <3

Slapping Penguin 07-12-2007 03:01 AM

:) Hahaha, any oppotunity to throw in knowledge!

thanks (turns red)

i am the robots 07-12-2007 03:03 AM

Indeed, we all need to show our impressive intellect so that Dargon won't hate us.

Jondur 07-12-2007 04:40 AM

[QUOTE=Slapping Penguin;14964920]

Btw, that EQ is soooo metal ;) I am thinking of like Metallica And Justice For All EQ scoop :p
[/QUOTE]

Totally. I've also got some cardboard boxes for drums and unplugged the bass.

Interesting though the intelligence discussion is, it is entirely irrelevant. Can I just remind you that metal is about beer and headbanging - you don't need to be intelligent for that. I have no idea what Wino's thoughts on existentialism are or whether Cronos feels that sympatric speciation is feasible in a natural environment, and what's more, I don't care.

Stevie 07-12-2007 05:37 AM

I'm getting really sick of all of you hanging onto every little thread to try and bring dargon down.

AA-12 07-12-2007 05:51 AM

Agreed

Apocalyptic Raids 07-12-2007 07:23 AM

He brings it upon himself, but it would be nice to go a few pages without someone trying to argue with him.

LegionsofMarduk 07-12-2007 07:29 AM

I love it when you turn on your mp3 player and the current playlist suits your mood perfectly.

Cannibal Corpse - I Will Kill You
Deicide - Dead By Dawn
Exhumed - Deadest Of The Dead
Carcass - No Love Lost
Hypocrisy - Killing Art
Napalm Death - Twist The Knife

Among others. Definately suits my mood this morning.

LifeInABox 07-12-2007 07:39 AM

1 and 2 are awesome.

Stoic 07-12-2007 11:13 AM

[QUOTE]suits your mood perfectly.[/QUOTE]

So, Jimmy, who do you want to kill? :smoke: