Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rock & Metal (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   any other death heads? (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528770)

RiceMonster 07-11-2007 10:05 PM

I heard their EP before the full-length came out. It sucks, so I haven't listened to the full-length. Sounds like Necrophagist with gay breakdowns.

LifeInABox 07-11-2007 10:05 PM

No, Necrophagist is better, but BTM is cool.

Invicta_Veritas 07-11-2007 10:06 PM

I haven't heard any gay breakdowns from BTM. But like I said, I only have one album.

i am the robots 07-11-2007 10:07 PM

[QUOTE=RiceMonster;14963875]I heard their EP before the full-length came out. It sucks, so I haven't listened to the full-length. Sounds like Necrophagist with gay breakdowns.[/QUOTE]

They're loads better than Necrophagist, though that doesn't really say much.

LifeInABox 07-11-2007 10:08 PM

Are you kidding?

i am the robots 07-11-2007 10:10 PM

I'm serious, Necrophagist is boring, well Beneath The Massacre kinda is too, but not as boring.

LifeInABox 07-11-2007 10:13 PM

Necrophagist numb your brain if you listen to them too much, but 3 or 4 songs here and there pwn sooo hard.

Moses 07-11-2007 10:14 PM

[QUOTE=Hbp;14963930]Necrophagist numb your brain if you listen to them too much, but 3 or 4 songs here and there pwn sooo hard.[/QUOTE]

I can only do one every once in a while but yeah they do pwn hard. Now every tech death band tries to copy them these days.

BoboTheRagingHobo 07-11-2007 10:14 PM

[QUOTE=RiceMonster;14963875]I heard their EP before the full-length came out. It sucks, so I haven't listened to the full-length. Sounds like Necrophagist with gay breakdowns.[/QUOTE]

They sound nothing like each other.

LifeInABox 07-11-2007 10:15 PM

They absolutly do. But I have nothing but respect for Necrophagist. They are very awesome and to play live what they do in the studio down to almost every note is godly, especially when it is of the caliber that they do it.

@ Moses

Invicta_Veritas 07-11-2007 10:18 PM

Yea, I love it when people are like "oh they suck they're boring blah blah blah".

I'd kill to see those kids go in and do the same thing half as well. day after day after day.

On another note, bands these days probably suck because they can't win. Fan's bitch about them being too simple, yet fans bitch because being too technical gets boring. And then when there's band in that ideal in-between area, they get bitched at for "trying too hard" to be technical but not being it enough.

Kids need to grow the f[size=2]u[/size]ck up and appreciate art and music more.

i am the robots 07-11-2007 10:24 PM

[QUOTE=Behemoth_Rules_All;14963971]Kids need to grow the f[size=2]u[/size]ck up and appreciate art and music more.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this statement. I'm sick of the whole mentality of, "if you don't like what I like, you must like stupid kiddie music." It's just childish.

Invicta_Veritas 07-11-2007 10:26 PM

That's why I despise so many people on here. Whatever happened to, "I like x band cuz theyre fun to listen to" and "well I don't like them but whatever".

Now its " I listen to x band" "they suck balls youre a mallrat" "no you r" .

Sometimes I think everyone needs to jump off a cliff.

RiceMonster 07-11-2007 10:29 PM

I don't know about everyone else, but when I say "band x sucks," I mean that I don't like it. I don't give a **** if other people listen to it because it doesn't concern me. I have better things to do than going around yelling at people for liking music I don't.

People bitching about their taste being criticized is often as annoying as the opposite.

Moses 07-11-2007 10:30 PM

[QUOTE=Hbp;14963946]They absolutly do. But I have nothing but respect for Necrophagist. They are very awesome and to play live what they do in the studio down to almost every note is godly, especially when it is of the caliber that they do it.

@ Moses[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. Necrophagist is more like a project though. I couldn't see them having like 7 albums and all of them having their own character...

Invicta_Veritas 07-11-2007 10:31 PM

[quote=RiceMonster;14964018]I don't know about everyone else, but when I say "band x sucks," I mean that I don't like it. I don't give a **** if other people listen to it because it doesn't concern me. I have better things to do than going around yelling at people for liking music I don't.[/quote]

That's my point though. There's no point in namecalling like children and being hostile because somebody likes a certain band. I mean, f[size=2]u[/size]ck, I still listen to Tantric. So? There's no point in getting hostile about it. BVut people on here think it's necessary to make a deal out of a band that someone likes.....it's retarded.

LifeInABox 07-11-2007 10:31 PM

I agree. You can only do so much technically before you hit a dry spell, but we shall see how they hold up. If anyone can do it, they can.

@ Moses again

RiceMonster 07-11-2007 10:34 PM

I like listening to a track of Necrophagist every now and then, but that's it. That "every now and then" always seems to be when I'm hanging out/drinking/blazing with one of my friends who is obsessed with them.

LifeInABox 07-11-2007 10:39 PM

They are better than that, though. You need to listen to them with a clear head to really fully comprehend what they are doing.

RiceMonster 07-11-2007 10:41 PM

I've listened to them sober many times. Like I said, I like to listen to it every now and then. If I listen to it often, it ruins it for me.

LifeInABox 07-11-2007 10:44 PM

Yeah, Like I said, you kind of get almost numb to it if you listen to it too much.

Shattered_Future 07-11-2007 10:47 PM

Beneath The Massacre is freaking TERRIBLE. Half their music is breakdowns...completely ruins anything the band had going for them.

i am the robots 07-11-2007 10:47 PM

That usually means that the band isn't very memorable.

Now Robinson is something I can listen to repeatedly.

LifeInABox 07-11-2007 10:48 PM

[QUOTE=Shattered_Future;14964148]Beneath The Massacre is freaking TERRIBLE. Half their music is breakdowns...completely ruins anything the band had going for them.[/QUOTE]

Their breakdowns aren't too bad. Many bands do them much worse with worse music.

i am the robots 07-11-2007 10:54 PM

The problem with all of these "deathcore" bands is that they don't know where a breakdown fits. Having breakdowns is fine, it can be a great part of the music, but I don't know how many As Blood Runs Black type bands there are who are like... that riff's sweet, but I can't think of a good transition, okay, breakdown!

Invicta_Veritas 07-11-2007 10:55 PM

i don't have a problem with that. It sounds cool.

I don't do it in my songs, because I can actually write transitions, but it's still not that bad.

Poofy 666 07-11-2007 10:57 PM

[QUOTE]The problem with all of these "deathcore" bands is that they don't know where a breakdown fits. Having breakdowns is fine, it can be a great part of the music, but I don't know how many As Blood Runs Black type bands there are who are like... that riff's sweet, but I can't think of a good transition, okay, breakdown![/QUOTE]

And not to mention that the riffs between the breakdowns are boring and rehashed ideas. Its a lose-lose situation.

NP: Viral Load - Awaken in Flames

LifeInABox 07-11-2007 10:57 PM

Stop raggin' on ABRB. They aren't even that much metalcore. What about these bands like Emmure and Vanna and every other Victory Records named-after-a-person- band who play "Revolutionized Metal and Melody" that sound exactly like each other.

Invicta_Veritas 07-11-2007 10:57 PM

However, I think you guys are confusing Beneath the Sky and Beneath the Massacre.

Beneath the Sky is a "deathcore" or whatever band. BTM seems like pretty straightforward tech death to me.

LifeInABox 07-11-2007 10:58 PM

Ohhh. That might explain it.