Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archives (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Love and Relationships Thread, no spam allowed (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442593)

Special Brew 02-25-2006 05:49 AM

I'm supposed to visit my girlfrined in about a week, but I haven't gotten around to buying the ticket yet. I'm not sure if I even want to. I still [I]feel [/I]like I love her, but I just don't want to deal with her for awhile. If I tell her I don't want to come or something, she'll be heartbroken, and I don't want to do that.

I'm not sure what to do about it. =\

Btw, she's been acting better for awhile now. All that lame stuff from earlier has passed.

dazmo 02-25-2006 05:57 AM

[QUOTE=Wizard.]I'm supposed to visit my girlfrined in about a week, but I haven't gotten around to buying the ticket yet. I'm not sure if I even want to. I still [I]feel [/I]like I love her, but I just don't want to deal with her for awhile. If I tell her I don't want to come or something, she'll be heartbroken, and I don't want to do that.

I'm not sure what to do about it. =\

Btw, she's been acting better for awhile now. All that lame stuff from earlier has passed.[/QUOTE]
there is a simple answer that works out for everyone

lie.

Theres this chick that guy A like, but Guy A is emo, and we used to be friends and is obssessing over this chick. so Guy A is convinced i like this chick and is now threatening her with his life if they dont go out, but she HATES him, and i do like her, but not many ppl know, Guy A is just going off a hunch. so do i respect the guy that used to be my friend, or ask her out and destroy any remains of our friendship?

Special Brew 02-25-2006 06:22 AM

tell the dude to shut up and leave him alone. He isn't going to to do anything. He's just making himself look like a complete moron. He doesn't deserve your respect, ask the girl out.

And I'm not going to lie about not going down there, especially when I'm not even sure what my excuse would be. Lying about that would easily get me caught. =\

dazmo 02-25-2006 06:28 AM

[QUOTE=Wizard.]tell the dude to shut up and leave him alone. He isn't going to to do anything. He's just making himself look like a complete moron. He doesn't deserve your respect, ask the girl out.

And I'm not going to lie about not going down there, especially when I'm not even sure what my excuse would be. Lying about that would easily get me caught. =\[/QUOTE]

Do something subtle like say ur bank account is stuffing up and you can't get money out, then she'll say ask your parents, and you wait till a day b4 your supposed to go and tell her there's no more tickets left.

Actually thats a pretty bad situation.the right thing to do would be to go to her, see if theres still some sparks between you and if there isn't explain it to her, but if your not sure, just talk to her about it, and when she asks "are you breaking up with me" say "no, not that i know of, i'm just not sure, and I need to know what your feeling etc."

Special Brew 02-25-2006 07:01 AM

I'm supposed ot go get the ticket today, so I can get the 7 day advanced discount with Greyhound. I guess I'll think of something, or maybe I'll just go. I can't decide.

dazmo 02-25-2006 07:08 AM

just go, becoz if this turns out to be a bad experience, it could save you 70 bad experiences in the future

Special Brew 02-25-2006 07:10 AM

Yeah, but it costs alot of cash and I really just don't want to see her... I'm wanting to break up with her. =\

dazmo 02-25-2006 07:12 AM

which means you prob should go and do it, unless you want to do it over the phone. theres the guilt of not doing it face to face, but theres the easy relief 10 mins later

TheBlueBaron 02-25-2006 07:18 AM

[QUOTE=Wizard.]Yeah, but it costs alot of cash and I really just don't want to see her... I'm wanting to break up with her. =\[/QUOTE]

If you are going to break up with her then do it. It isn't fair on both of you if you continue the relationship and you aren't fully committed. You might find it hard but it's the right thing to do in my opinion.

dazmo 02-25-2006 07:27 AM

[QUOTE=TheBlueBaron]If you are going to break up with her then do it. It isn't fair on both of you if you continue the relationship and you aren't fully committed. You might find it hard but it's the right thing to do in my opinion.[/QUOTE]
yeah i agree, and its up to you to choose how to do it, and you'll feel better once you have. another dilema is i like being single, but i also want to date this girl. Bah, i guess i'll sleep on it. I'm going to be. Night All

Jom 02-25-2006 09:33 AM

Just break up with her. You guys are sick of each other and she's miles away from you. It's just not worth the torment you're giving yourself - as soon as you call it off, things will be fine after a couple days of rough patches.

Here, take a cookie. As soon as you walk out that door, you'll feel right as rain.

camelfarmer 02-25-2006 09:37 AM

No one really liks being single when it comes down to it.

(the truth is I don't like being single and find it hard to think of things from different perspectives)

Steerpike 02-25-2006 09:48 AM

[QUOTE=dazmo]Theres this chick that guy A like, but Guy A is emo, and we used to be friends and is obssessing over this chick. so Guy A is convinced i like this chick and is now threatening her with his life if they dont go out, but she HATES him, and i do like her, but not many ppl know, Guy A is just going off a hunch. so do i respect the guy that used to be my friend, or ask her out and destroy any remains of our friendship?[/QUOTE]

Tell him to shut the f[size=2]u[/size]ck up, grow up, and stop using an idle threat to force people to conform to his bubble of reality. This guy sounds so unbelievably head-f[size=2]u[/size]cked it would probably be best to avoid him until he gets his life straightened out. You don't need an influence like that in your life.

thunderzstruck 02-25-2006 10:29 AM

Ugh, so i havent posted in a while but heres an update.

So we hung out on Vday and she said she wants to maybe get back together. I was doubtful but then she started texting me. So I went away for the weekend and I got a text saying "Kyyle please call me when you get home.. i miss u.. and i think yoour dad is getting sick of my calls" So I called her and everything was good. We hung out the next day and we kissed blah blah blah some other stuff too. She says she didn't want to commit to anything just yet but sometime down the road.
She said for now friends with benifits. WELLLL we talked to eachother like we were going out again. (sexually, closeness) sutff like that.

WELLLL two days later (last night) we hung out again and she said that she wants to only be friends. :-/ I was fine i guess. She said she doesn't want to break my heart again aaand yeah. I LOOOVE being with her but with only being friends.. it's just.. not enough. As selfish as it seems.
It felt like the breakup ALL over again now. I don't know if ill be able to hang out with her.. without getting attached. She said she regrets saying everything and doing everything (how we were probably getting back together and we kissed and stuff) She said she doesn't want any relationship for a loong time.

I mean, I was expecting to get back into her life and I was soo excited for that. I wanted to get closer to her, spend time with her and she wanted to too. But then she just all drops it like that.

/rant

Chaindrive 02-25-2006 10:46 AM

Don't hang out with her for awhile if it hurts too much. She can't expect you to do that.

Aakon_Keetreh 02-25-2006 10:50 AM

[QUOTE=Chaindrive]Don't hang out with her for awhile if it hurts too much. She can't expect you to do that.[/QUOTE]

Well Put. I cant hang out with my ex anymore or even talk to her because i know i will get attached again.

I Am a Hat 02-25-2006 11:20 AM

[QUOTE=thunderzstruck]Ugh, so i havent posted in a while but heres an update.

So we hung out on Vday and she said she wants to maybe get back together. I was doubtful but then she started texting me. So I went away for the weekend and I got a text saying "Kyyle please call me when you get home.. i miss u.. and i think yoour dad is getting sick of my calls" So I called her and everything was good. We hung out the next day and we kissed blah blah blah some other stuff too. She says she didn't want to commit to anything just yet but sometime down the road.
She said for now friends with benifits. WELLLL we talked to eachother like we were going out again. (sexually, closeness) sutff like that.

WELLLL two days later (last night) we hung out again and she said that she wants to only be friends. :-/ I was fine i guess. She said she doesn't want to break my heart again aaand yeah. I LOOOVE being with her but with only being friends.. it's just.. not enough. As selfish as it seems.
It felt like the breakup ALL over again now. I don't know if ill be able to hang out with her.. without getting attached. She said she regrets saying everything and doing everything (how we were probably getting back together and we kissed and stuff) She said she doesn't want any relationship for a loong time.

I mean, I was expecting to get back into her life and I was soo excited for that. I wanted to get closer to her, spend time with her and she wanted to too. But then she just all drops it like that.

/rant[/QUOTE]
you took her back way too easily most likely

you were out of her life. she was calling you all the time. you were LITERALLY hard to get.

then you changed back into the guy she wasn't attracted to that she broke up with.

why
[QUOTE=Whatsisface]...[/QUOTE]
stop trying to be her pshycologist you're only killing the relationship

gocubs649 02-25-2006 11:29 AM

Tonight was an ordeal.

If anyone remembers, I've said before how my girlfriend says there's something wrong, but doesn't know how to express it. Well, she finally did tonight...

It's the stuff I figured mostly. Her mom being sick, and the fear of her death A LOT. bonnie also had to be the one who keeps it together, b/c her mom goes to her for advice, and if bonnie breaks down, so do her two sisters and two brothers (all younger). there's so much pressure on her. also, she's not doing as well in school as she used to. and, her fall-out with her best friend.

So tonight she told me she started to cut herself and did it for a week about a month ago. She made tiny little scratches with a knife, but they apparently didn't even hurt. I definitely kind of freaked out and cried A LOT. But she stopped for her siblings (setting a bad example) and me.

It doesn't sound as dramatic as it was, but I pretty much cried for three straight hours... Through everything, just about the tough time she's been having.

It's been so difficult for her to tell someone about it, which is why it took so long to tell me. She hasn't told anyone else.

Chaindrive 02-25-2006 11:34 AM

Maybe telling you will relieve the pressure somewhat. It's a start.

nobodyblossomsforever 02-25-2006 12:35 PM

PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE POST. 1. At least 2 people in this world love you so much they would die for you. 2. At least 15 people in this world love you in some way. 3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they want to be just like you. 4. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they don't like you. 5. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to sleep. 6. You mean the world to someone. 7. If not for you, someone may not be living. 8. You are special and unique. 9. Someone that you don't even know exists loves you. 10. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good comes from it. 11. When you think the world has turned its back on you, take a look: you most likely turned your back on the world. 12. When you think you have no chance of getting what you want, you probably won't get it, but if you believe in yourself, probably, sooner or later, you will get it. 13. Always remember the compliments you received. Forget about the rude remarks. 14. Always tell someone how you feel about them; you will feel much better when they know. 15. If you have a great friend, take the time to let them know that they are great. Add this as a i LuV yU to ten of your friends tonight and at midnight your true love will find you. Something good will happen to you at 2:25 tomorrow. Get ready for the biggest shock of your life. Whoever breaks this chain letter will be cursed with 10 relationship problems for the next ten years tag ur it!! this is so scary!!! send this to 15 ppl in the next 143 min. and then press F6 and your crushes name will appear in big letters!! it is so scary because it works.... but if you break the chain.. you will be cursed w/ relationship problems

I saw this in someone's blog. It's complete bullhonky, but some of it seems interesting.

Special Brew 02-25-2006 12:40 PM

I've seen that bullcrap before.

I hate Myspace. :p

Chaindrive 02-25-2006 12:43 PM

:lol: at "bullhonky".

nobodyblossomsforever 02-25-2006 12:46 PM

Actually it was at Xanga.

Chaindrive 02-25-2006 12:51 PM

[QUOTE=Wizard.]I've seen that bullcrap before.

I hate Myspace. :p[/QUOTE]

Did you decide to go so Blu? Or not?

thunderzstruck 02-25-2006 01:34 PM

[QUOTE=I Am a Hat]you took her back way too easily most likely

you were out of her life. she was calling you all the time. you were LITERALLY hard to get.

then you changed back into the guy she wasn't attracted to that she broke up with.

why
[/QUOTE]

I would have agreed with you but I didn't readily accept her back. I called her when she told me to and she wanted to hang out tuesday and thats when she REALLY wanted to get back together. I left and she was still talking about it.

I didn't talk to her wednesday and thats when she made the decision that she doesnt want to be with me. I don't think it was that becaUSE I made sure I wouldn't allow that to happen

[QUOTE=Chaindrive]Don't hang out with her for awhile if it hurts too much. She can't expect you to do that.[/QUOTE]

yeah i know, this summer or something im going to try to start up again because shes not one of those girls who hangs out with a lot of people so there will be less distractions or somethin (itll be easier to be in her life)

Special Brew 02-25-2006 01:44 PM

[QUOTE=Chaindrive]Did you decide to go so Blu? Or not?[/QUOTE]
Not yet. I've been ignoring her today, so she is mad at me. She's being dramatic over something dumb (from Myspace) again.

If I'm going, I have to buy the ticket today. I guess I should go see her just to see if we still have any spark in person, before I do anything else. =\

Chaindrive 02-25-2006 01:49 PM

Maybe that's a good idea, D. How long are you supposed to stay with her?

Special Brew 02-25-2006 01:55 PM

Just like five days or something.

Special Brew 02-25-2006 04:44 PM

Well, it doesn't matter now. I forgot February only has 28 days, so I can't even get the 7 day advanced purchase for the ticket anyway. Of course she's not taking the news very well. I feel like a jackass now...

mmfan486 02-25-2006 05:01 PM

[QUOTE=Strongbad]PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE POST. 1. At least 2 people in this world love you so much they would die for you. 2. At least 15 people in this world love you in some way. 3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they want to be just like you. 4. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they don't like you. 5. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to sleep. 6. You mean the world to someone. 7. If not for you, someone may not be living. 8. You are special and unique. 9. Someone that you don't even know exists loves you. 10. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good comes from it. 11. When you think the world has turned its back on you, take a look: you most likely turned your back on the world. 12. When you think you have no chance of getting what you want, you probably won't get it, but if you believe in yourself, probably, sooner or later, you will get it. 13. Always remember the compliments you received. Forget about the rude remarks. 14. Always tell someone how you feel about them; you will feel much better when they know. 15. If you have a great friend, take the time to let them know that they are great. Add this as a i LuV yU to ten of your friends tonight and at midnight your true love will find you. Something good will happen to you at 2:25 tomorrow. Get ready for the biggest shock of your life. Whoever breaks this chain letter will be cursed with 10 relationship problems for the next ten years tag ur it!! this is so scary!!! send this to 15 ppl in the next 143 min. and then press F6 and your crushes name will appear in big letters!! it is so scary because it works.... but if you break the chain.. you will be cursed w/ relationship problems

I saw this in someone's blog. It's complete bullhonky, but some of it seems interesting.[/QUOTE]
Well here's my take on all of this:

1) Yes, that would be my Mom and my Dad... but that's probably not what this thing had in mind. Yeah probably 2 people would die for me. Just as I would die for a great many people, because I loved them so much.

2) Oh yeah, definately 15 people in the world love me in some way. They tend not to tell me about it though so it doesn't affect me all that much physically, though it is a nice sentiment to have.

3) Indirectly, yes. I can think of only 1 person who actually hates me... at least, I think he does. I punched his tooth out so I'd be surprised if he didn't. And he wants to be like me so that he can do the same... all things considered, it's probably better this way round. Mind you, I can also think of 1 person I hate and I don't want to be in the slightest bit like her.

4) That's true. It's something you pick up on from working in a shop. A smile and a bit of rudimentary manners can make anyone's day.

5) Well there are at least 3 people I think about before I go to sleep... so it's not unlikely that people think of me before they sleep. Again, a nice sentiment that's impossible to prove. But I guess that's part of the fun...

6) Immediate family aside, I find that hard to believe... close though I am to my friends, I don't honestly think they're that close to me.

7) Erm... maybe. This is deep, man... Mind you, anyone remember Biscuit Box? He was in a pretty bad way when he was posting the previous thread with his problems about his ex cheating on him. It would be nice if we helped him to the extent that he's in a much better position now than he would have been were it not for the regulars of this thread!

8) Special and unique? Definately. But I never said that was a good thing.

9) Well... anything's possible really. Actually I think this one's probably more likely to be true than any of the others so far.

10) Yeah I think so. The worst mistake that I've ever made has made me a lot more cynical, but it's kept me out of trouble for the last 7 years.

11) Yeah but it's hard to see it that way at the time. That's why when I'm in a mood I just try to keep away from people until I cool off.

12) Oh yeah that's true. Just look at my band! We're going places now man, and after 5 years of playing bass it's about time.

13) It's an unfortunate fact of life that rude comments are a lot easier to remember than compliments. That doesn't mean I don't try though.

14) Not necessarily. The last time I tried that... see 10. But then again, I think with certain of my friends I'd be doing an unkindness to them if they went away or something and they never knew how I felt. But I don't have the nerve to say such things to anyone so it's pretty much a dead end for me.

15) Ah, now this I HAVE done. Subtley of course, and because it was over MSN I'm not entirely certain how it went down... but what are you going to do.

The rest of it) Never have I read such a load of bollocks in my entire life. I don't need some sort of cheesy chain letter to tell me I'm going to have relationship problems whatever over the next ten years! What do you think I'm doing on this thread in the first place?

So now you know.