Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Hardcore Community Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193593)

cbmartinez 10-15-2004 01:05 PM

[QUOTE=BuddyBigsby]I forgot to mention I have DEP / Zao / ETID / Misery Signals next week also.[/QUOTE]

Holy S[SIZE=2]h[/SIZE]it.

tornpictures 10-15-2004 01:49 PM

Awesome show at CBGB's soon.

Transistor, Transistor and others.

Candiria92 10-15-2004 01:50 PM

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [B]Gotkookie[/B]
hahaha, let me know what the pit looks like at DEP, I always wondered what their shows are like, since they have odd time signatures.[/QUOTE]

I've seen Dillinge twice, and I don't know what pits are like where you are from, but in Philly it was the most violent thing I have ever witnessed, maybe even including Slayer. At on show the pit started as soon as the guitars were being soundchecked, no lie. They had a strobe light going that followed the time signatures which was awesome, it probably would of hurt my head if it wasn't for all the shots i was taking, i got hit with a chain in my arm which wasn't cool at all. People were jumping off the second level into the pit like it was nothing. The other time I saw them two people started a fire in the middle of the pit. And I saw some kid holding like four of his teeth in his hand, and there was one kid that fell and snapped his ankle, I couldn't lokk at it because it was so nasty. Everyone around stopped and helped him out so they could get him to a hospital. Oh yea, I forgot to tell you, the first show I told you about was the last time I saw them, it was with the new singer but on 43% Burnt Dimtri came out and did the song and then they lit stuff on fire. so more or less Dillinger puts on the best show you will ever see and the pits are awesome.

NewKindofArmy03 10-15-2004 02:31 PM

[QUOTE=BuddyBigsby]I saw that tour tonight but only Unearth. Worst crowd ever. Unearth kinda act like rock stars now too.[/QUOTE]
that was the same exact thing said about the show here. i didn't go, but supposedly the crowd consisted of a lot of nu-metal and fashioncore kids and unearth acted like they were big rock stars.

NewKindofArmy03 10-15-2004 02:33 PM

[QUOTE=Candiria92]I've seen Dillinge twice, and I don't know what pits are like where you are from, but in Philly it was the most violent thing I have ever witnessed, maybe even including Slayer. At on show the pit started as soon as the guitars were being soundchecked, no lie. They had a strobe light going that followed the time signatures which was awesome, it probably would of hurt my head if it wasn't for all the shots i was taking, i got hit with a chain in my arm which wasn't cool at all. People were jumping off the second level into the pit like it was nothing. The other time I saw them two people started a fire in the middle of the pit. And I saw some kid holding like four of his teeth in his hand, and there was one kid that fell and snapped his ankle, I couldn't lokk at it because it was so nasty. Everyone around stopped and helped him out so they could get him to a hospital. Oh yea, I forgot to tell you, the first show I told you about was the last time I saw them, it was with the new singer but on 43% Burnt Dimtri came out and did the song and then they lit stuff on fire. so more or less Dillinger puts on the best show you will ever see and the pits are awesome.[/QUOTE]
i'm from philly too, they're playing here again in a few weeks.

Candiria92 10-15-2004 04:41 PM

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [B]NewKindofArmy03[/B]
i'm from philly too, they're playing here again in a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm trying to get tickets as soon as possible. I think they're playing at the Troc, but I'm not 100% sure. I saw them there before, but the show at the Electric Factory was better. The show will still rule no matter where they're playing at though cause Dillinger owns.

cbmartinez 10-15-2004 05:20 PM

My friend's band is play at the Trocadero for a battle of the bands. They're pretty bad though, Blind Deceptions is the name. They're battling some prog. band called Epistar who is supposedly really good. Blind Deceptions thinks they're hot s[B][I][/I][/B]hit cause they have five members. I told him (my friend, the singer) to tell the people in Philly that they were an edge band, and more people would like them.

NewKindofArmy03 10-15-2004 07:57 PM

what kind of band is your friend's band and is it only two bands?

cbmartinez 10-15-2004 08:13 PM

Their like "emo/screamo (the fake kind)." I'm not sure if any other bands are playing.

[url]www.purevolume.com/blinddeceptions[/url]

Happymeal 10-15-2004 09:18 PM

Glass Casket <3

NewKindofArmy03 10-15-2004 10:12 PM

[url]http://www.purevolume.com/sonsofliberty[/url] hah this song rules.

Johnny EPHC 10-15-2004 11:06 PM

This might be the wrong place to ask, but do you know where I can find Comeback Kid tabs, especially for Die Tonight?

Let's Chop Cats! 10-15-2004 11:12 PM

[url]http://www.hcguitartabs.tk/[/url]

Johnny EPHC 10-15-2004 11:41 PM

Awesome. Thanks.

tornpictures 10-16-2004 03:36 AM

[QUOTE=Candiria92]I've seen Dillinge twice, and I don't know what pits are like where you are from, but in Philly it was the most violent thing I have ever witnessed, maybe even including Slayer. At on show the pit started as soon as the guitars were being soundchecked, no lie. They had a strobe light going that followed the time signatures which was awesome, it probably would of hurt my head if it wasn't for all the shots i was taking, i got hit with a chain in my arm which wasn't cool at all. People were jumping off the second level into the pit like it was nothing. The other time I saw them two people started a fire in the middle of the pit. And I saw some kid holding like four of his teeth in his hand, and there was one kid that fell and snapped his ankle, I couldn't lokk at it because it was so nasty. Everyone around stopped and helped him out so they could get him to a hospital. Oh yea, I forgot to tell you, the first show I told you about was the last time I saw them, it was with the new singer but on 43% Burnt Dimtri came out and did the song and then they lit stuff on fire. so more or less Dillinger puts on the best show you will ever see and the pits are awesome.[/QUOTE]

Pointless. Why get your teeth knocked out at a show?

Most violent thing? Oh, I guess you never saw Black Flag back in the day.

young, loud and andrew 10-16-2004 05:28 AM

[QUOTE=Sk8SkaNJ][url]http://www.hcguitartabs.tk/[/url][/QUOTE]

I've been going to that site for a few months, but I think it had "youth of today" in the address name at some point. The tabs there are actually pretty crappy, but it gives you a base to then figure out the rest of the songs yourself. IE: the guy doesn't tab out any octaves (see the With Honor stuff).

AndHagan3 10-16-2004 08:58 AM

[QUOTE]Pointless. Why get your teeth knocked out at a show?

Most violent thing? Oh, I guess you never saw Black Flag back in the day.[/QUOTE]

Its the hardcore thing to do and I bet only a few people on the boards have seen Black Flag in there prime.

Let's Chop Cats! 10-16-2004 09:14 AM

[QUOTE=punkerx99]I've been going to that site for a few months, but I think it had "youth of today" in the address name at some point. The tabs there are actually pretty crappy, but it gives you a base to then figure out the rest of the songs yourself. IE: the guy doesn't tab out any octaves (see the With Honor stuff).[/QUOTE]All the tabs I've looked at were decent/good. But yeah I did notice the octave thing, also with Bane.

AndHagan3 10-16-2004 09:17 AM

If you go to Google and type in Comeback Kid tabs you get a Christian page thats has all of theres and they are pretty good as I remember

The_used04 10-16-2004 09:20 AM

best bands ever
Killswitch engage
Atreyu
megadeth
THE USED
my chemical romance
Cradle of filth
marilyn manson
pennywise
pink floyd
Jimi hendrix
Thrice
Rise against
Greenday
There just sum of my asome bands I luv

AndHagan3 10-16-2004 09:21 AM

God d'amn

tornpictures 10-16-2004 09:22 AM

[QUOTE=AndHagan3]Its the hardcore thing to do and I bet only a few people on the boards have seen Black Flag in there prime.[/QUOTE]

Moshing is for mall metal kids.

AndHagan3 10-16-2004 09:23 AM

Get avatar, then I will listen to you.

shane italian 10-16-2004 11:11 AM

[QUOTE=tornpictures]Moshing is for mall metal kids.[/QUOTE]Grow some balls.

superskankinactionhero 10-16-2004 11:21 AM

moshing is for anyone who wants to have fun at a show

cbmartinez 10-16-2004 11:42 AM

Moshing > Skanking > Getting Teeth Knocked Out > Getting Kicked In The Nuts > tornpictures

shane italian 10-16-2004 11:45 AM

[QUOTE=superskankinactionhero]moshing is for anyone who wants to have fun at a show[/QUOTE]Exactly, I have nothing against mall-metal kids who mosh at mall-metal shows because they are having fun. I have no problem with kids at punk shows moshing because they are having fun. I have no problem with dancing at hardcore shows because they are having fun. It's all for the same thing: fun.

RevengeOfTheVillageIdiot 10-16-2004 11:49 AM

[QUOTE=tornpictures]Moshing is for mall metal kids.[/QUOTE]

you are suck a dickhead

you never back up your opinions and you just sprout of crap all the time

i bet you're the type of person that talks all this [b]s[/b]hit, but never goes to shows, never leaves the house. just sits around being jaded and pissed of because the world hates you

tornpictures 10-16-2004 12:47 PM

What's so much fun about moshing?

I don't get it.

VillageIdiot, I'M the one who's a dickhead? LoLz.

Whenever I go to a hardcore show, the only people I see moshing are mall metal kids (nu-metallers), sXe tough guy kids (some of them are great guys, just weird), and metalcore kids.

Duh.

BuddyBigsby 10-16-2004 12:48 PM

I've already bit[font=verdana]c[/font]hed to Shane, but last night sucked. I've been having a lot of luck with shows lately, and I guess it was time to pay up for it last night. It was the much-bragged about Warriors / Casey Jones / Donnybrook / Until the End / Evergreen Terrace show.

I knew as soon as I got there it wasn't going to be a fun show. The venue was having one of its "Its-sold-out-but-we're-still-packing-people-in" nights, so the place was WAY overcrowded. I couldn't mosh because there were already 20 or so guys in a space that was maybe about 5 feet wide and 15 feet long. To make a long story short, I got punched full force by a dancer in the jaw, which led to a nasty gash on my upper lip. Then, I decided to tough it out and go to the front for the end of Casey Jones' set, but everyone apparently knew the lyrics and got onstage for the end of "If You're Smoking in Here...", which led to one guy jumping off and using my nose as a landing pad. I ran to the bathroom with blood all over my face and arms, and held my nose until the blood stopped. I was in a bit of pain, but I still wanted to see Until the End, so I decided to go out there and sit through Donnybrook. However, upon a final inspection of my nose, I realized I was moving my cartilage in my nose around. Not so good. I knew I had to go to the hospital, but my buddy was still in the crowd and I was his ride, so I had to go THROUGH the thick crowd, ACROSS the pit, during DONNYBROOK of all bands... and then run out of there like the pus[font=verdana]s[/font]y I am. Worst show ever.