Sputnik Music Forums

Sputnik Music Forums (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/index.php)
-   Punk (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Hardcore Community Thread (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193593)

shane italian 11-08-2004 09:19 PM

[QUOTE=BuddyBigsby]No way dude. They're in good with the whole Underoath/Senses Fail crowd. Nora, on the other hand are probably the most hated band in hardcore.[/QUOTE]Nah. Nora are in good with the whole Bleeding Through/Zao crowd.

Let's Chop Cats! 11-08-2004 09:19 PM

That is true, they played a halloween show with the Banner. Joey (lead singer of the banner, booked the show) had them play under The Banner because he didn't want kids to leave before Nora played. Also at hellfest Nora covered Refused, so +10 Scene points for them.

BuddyBigsby 11-08-2004 09:21 PM

I don't know why. I don't think they're that bad.

young, loud and andrew 11-08-2004 09:21 PM

Why don't people like them?!

Let's Chop Cats! 11-08-2004 09:21 PM

I like them.

NewKindofArmy03 11-08-2004 09:26 PM

buddy, whatever happened with acapellica, are you still doing it?

BuddyBigsby 11-08-2004 09:29 PM

Yeah, it's just going embarassingly slow. I've been meaning to do Slayer for 3 months, its ridiculous. I'm pretty sure everyone that found out about it from that popularity boom has forgotten about it by now. It's just really hard to find the time to do it.

PlasticGangster 11-08-2004 11:10 PM

[QUOTE=shane italian]Just as I'm BNO only fan :upset:[/QUOTE]
I'm going to see them with Emery. They're a guilty pleasure

BuddyBigsby 11-08-2004 11:13 PM

Embrace Today got robbed.
[quote]look we got robbed while we were sleeping early this morning in Tampa in a gated community, we lost our guitars,cables, tools, lights, cd player, cds, my books and my notebook plus other ****, we had to replace our windshield and side window this morning and some of our merch was ****ed up. we dont want a handout we just want yhou guys to come out and see us on tour and buy some merch and help us locate **** so we can continue to play our hearts out. this sucks but itll take more then this to stop us
come see us please and support hardcore
check the website and my journal for more updates as they come
[url]www.xembracetodayx.com[/url] and hittheroadwithjoe.blogspot.com
pleaswe repost both web addresses for your friends to see cause this blows
love
Nash/Joe ExT[/quote]

Fu[font=verdana]c[/font]k You, I'm Broke.

Silvermedalmafia 11-08-2004 11:19 PM

losers.

shane italian 11-08-2004 11:21 PM

[QUOTE=BuddyBigsby]Embrace Today got robbed.

Fu[font=verdana]c[/font]k You, I'm Broke.[/QUOTE]:lol:

That sucks though. Once in Dallas, Letter 12 were sleeping in their van, and some guy tried to break in their trailor...so they all got out and chased him as if they would do something if they got him cornered.

Silvermedalmafia 11-08-2004 11:22 PM

The F-ups got their stuff stolen in vancouver. Not a lot, just their xbox and some stuff like that.

capri sun junkie 11-08-2004 11:24 PM

[QUOTE=Silvermedalmafia]The F-ups got their stuff stolen in vancouver. Not a lot, just their xbox and some stuff like that.[/QUOTE]

Those rich fags... Bring an X-Box on tour?

BuddyBigsby 11-08-2004 11:25 PM

Hopesfall got it the worst. Remember? I think it was like 6 months or maybe even a year ago... their practice space got broken into and EVERYTHING was stolen, including a Custom OC drum kit. They replaced all the equipment eventually, but when they stopped to get gas while they were on tour a month or two later, all of the replacement gear got stolen.

capri sun junkie 11-08-2004 11:26 PM

Wow, thats enough to make one cry...

Silvermedalmafia 11-08-2004 11:27 PM

[QUOTE=capri sun junkie]Those rich fags... Bring an X-Box on tour?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but then think that they had four people plus their tour manager and 1 or 2 techs crammed into a van and a small bus.

shane italian 11-08-2004 11:28 PM

[QUOTE=BuddyBigsby]Hopesfall got it the worst. Remember? I think it was like 6 months or maybe even a year ago... their practice space got broken into and EVERYTHING was stolen, including a Custom OC drum kit. They replaced all the equipment eventually, but when they stopped to get gas while they were on tour a month or two later, all of the replacement gear got stolen.[/QUOTE]It would be so awesome if it was the same guy who pulled both of those off.

Silvermedalmafia 11-08-2004 11:29 PM

[QUOTE=BuddyBigsby]Hopesfall got it the worst. Remember? I think it was like 6 months or maybe even a year ago... their practice space got broken into and EVERYTHING was stolen, including a Custom OC drum kit. They replaced all the equipment eventually, but when they stopped to get gas while they were on tour a month or two later, all of the replacement gear got stolen.[/QUOTE]
custom OC kit? ouch, those are expensive.

BuddyBigsby 11-08-2004 11:31 PM

I wonder if all the robberies in hardcore are one guy. Somewhere out there, there's a guy running around with two sets of Hopesfall's equipment, Embrace Today guitars, Verse's equipment, Ed Gein's equipment and trailer, and $1,200 of Darkest Hour's money.

shane italian 11-08-2004 11:32 PM

[QUOTE=BuddyBigsby]I wonder if all the robberies in hardcore are one guy. Somewhere out there, there's a guy running around with two sets of Hopesfall's equipment, Embrace Today guitars, Verse's equipment, Ed Gein's equipment and trailer, and $1,200 of Darkest Hour's money.[/QUOTE]Maybe he was the one that got put in the hospital over the Terror merch.

BuddyBigsby 11-08-2004 11:33 PM

hahaha, he probably rigged Bleeding Through and Candiria's vans to crash, too.

Silvermedalmafia 11-08-2004 11:33 PM

[QUOTE=BuddyBigsby]I wonder if all the robberies in hardcore are one guy. Somewhere out there, there's a guy running around with two sets of Hopesfall's equipment, Embrace Today guitars, Verse's equipment, Ed Gein's equipment and trailer, and $1,200 of Darkest Hour's money.[/QUOTE]
You mean somewhere on EBAY there is that for sale, except for the money.

shane italian 11-08-2004 11:36 PM

[QUOTE=BuddyBigsby]hahaha, he probably rigged Bleeding Through and Candiria's vans to crash, too.[/QUOTE]It would be awesome if he pulled a huge scam at Hellfest or something.

Gotkookie 11-09-2004 12:56 AM

[QUOTE=BuddyBigsby]Hopesfall got it the worst. Remember? I think it was like 6 months or maybe even a year ago... their practice space got broken into and EVERYTHING was stolen, including a Custom OC drum kit. They replaced all the equipment eventually, but when they stopped to get gas while they were on tour a month or two later, all of the replacement gear got stolen.[/QUOTE]
They deserve it, have you heard the new cd?

BuddyBigsby 11-09-2004 12:59 AM

Yeah. I think I'm the only person that isn't going "omg wtf gay!!!111" just because they're all clean vocals now. Hopesfall were never exactly Mortician, anyway.

Gotkookie 11-09-2004 01:00 AM

Yeah, I dont care about screaming, I just dont like it. lol

BuddyBigsby 11-09-2004 01:04 AM

I like "Icarus" a lot. I listened to most of the album, but I was paying minimal attention, so I need to listen to it a couple more times before I formulate a concrete opinion.

Gotkookie 11-09-2004 01:11 AM

I bought it and was upset.

BuddyBigsby 11-09-2004 01:38 AM

Haha, I always download albums like this where it looks like it could go either way, just in case. Actually, I download most Trustkill albums.

Gotkookie 11-09-2004 01:56 AM

Yeah, trustkill bands arent reliable.

tornpictures 11-09-2004 02:23 AM

[QUOTE=BuddyBigsby]Embrace Today got robbed.

Fu[font=verdana]c[/font]k You, I'm Broke.[/QUOTE]

Dude, Embrace Today are quite a big band, so they can get funded by labels etc.

Still Life got their gear stolen like six months ago, too. ****ed up.

They set up a gear fund package (5 or 6 Lp's for a ridiculously cheap price) to get their **** back.

BuddyBigsby 11-09-2004 04:27 AM

I don't genuinely care that Embrace Today got robbed. They anger me.

tornpictures 11-09-2004 04:37 AM

[url]www.greydayproductions.com[/url]

Go there and support Still Life.

AARON27 11-09-2004 04:48 AM

[QUOTE=shane italian]Buddy, c'mon...Nora....ehem.[/QUOTE]

They'd be awesome if there name was the other way around.

BuddyBigsby 11-09-2004 01:43 PM

Hey, someone help me out here and tell me what you think of my friends' band. I like them, but I might be biased. Give 'em a break too (especially because of the name), they're newjacks omgz.

[url]www.purevolume.com/ahintoftragedy[/url] - I recommend "Last Ditch Effort"

NewKindofArmy03 11-09-2004 03:46 PM

they're good, but i personally don't like them that much. i can't wait until my band actually starts doing stuff, we don't have a singer though. supposedly some kid from texas is moving here soon and is going to be our singer.

young, loud and andrew 11-09-2004 04:28 PM

[QUOTE=BuddyBigsby]Hey, somewhat help me out here and tell me what you think of my friends' band. I like them, but I might be biased. Give 'em a break too (especially because of the name), they're newjacks omgz.

[url]www.purevolume.com/ahintoftragedy[/url] - I recommend "Last Ditch Effort"[/QUOTE]

they sound good... i'm not huge on the vocals though. i don't really like low/growling stuff.

A-Life-Less-Plagued 11-09-2004 04:39 PM

[QUOTE=BuddyBigsby]Hey, somewhat help me out here and tell me what you think of my friends' band. I like them, but I might be biased. Give 'em a break too (especially because of the name), they're newjacks omgz.

[url]www.purevolume.com/ahintoftragedy[/url] - I recommend "Last Ditch Effort"[/QUOTE]
I really don't like.

BuddyBigsby 11-09-2004 05:06 PM

Appreciated. Thanks duders.

A-Life-Less-Plagued 11-09-2004 05:21 PM

[QUOTE=A-Life-Less-Plagued][url]http://www.nwhardcore.com/demos/[/url]

Check out Barricade. Sinking Ships is also very good.

EDIT: Stop At Nothing too.[/QUOTE]
!!!