Radiohead
Kid A

by Jeffery J. Bigglestein USER (51 Reviews)
October 15th, 2020 | 262 replies

Release Date: 2000 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Lo-Fi Beats to be Pretentious and Faux-Intellectual to.

This Review Brought To You by the Sputnik Writer’s Union: United we are based, divided we are losers.

Radiohead’s Kid A was a polarizing and controversial experiment that has wow’d and woo’d a lot of music critics since its release 20 years ago. Kid A, an album littered full of unfinished thrown away demos sandwiched in between a few decent tracks, has become yet another one of these “untouchable” classics, where any criticism, no matter how legitimate, is dismissed as “trolling” or “stupid”. Despite the fact that Radiohead completely abandons the formula that made them successful with OK Computer and The Bends in favor of repetitive and uninteresting filler and complete gobbedly gook useless lyrics, Kid A is considered one of the greatest albums of all time. Even Thom Yorke admitted the lyrics don’t make sense and were picked out of a hat. While OK Computer’s “WAH MUH TECHNOLOGY BAD THOMAS EDISON WAS A WITCH” theme was cliché and garbage, it does beat the musical equivalent of a drunken baby crying and shitting themselves. Geeks and neckbeards will salivate all over this record, and since this is sputnikmusic where free speech is not allowed, I will try to force myself to ignore the negatives and look at the positves of Kid A. “Idioteque” is a beatiful track with Aphex Twin vibes. The dystopian, abstract themes here create a sense of fear and dread. “Everything’s In It’s Right Place” is simplistic, yet packed with emotion and a combination of interesting sounds. These two tracks are some of Radiohead’s best work, and it goes to show that a broken clock can be right twice a day.

Here’s a secret about me. I too was once an edgy high schooler who watched American Pie in my moms basement and stole her vodka. Radiohead was the shit back then but take off the rose tinted glasses and re-listen to the music itself, it’s really not as good as advertised. Kid A was a gigantic middle finger to the mainstream audience, and its release was a rather revolutionary moment for the music industry. That being said the actual execution is mid, it’s experimental and groundbreaking sure but it doesn’t mean that the music itself is enjoyable. Radiohead introduces a ton of new ideas and attempts to challenge the audiences with its unconventional song structuring. However, for every “Idiotesque” on here, there will be meandering, anticlimactic tracks like “Kid A”, "National Anthem", and “Motion Picture Soundtrack”. Similar to King Crimson’s “Moonchild”, these tracks get a pass in the eyes of listeners because “well its experimental you don’t understand its supposed to be shit” but they are a complete waste of time and is the musical equivalent of nonsensical, drug-induced babbling.

It’s so ironic that an album meant soley to break tradition and defy standards, has become, well, the standard. The mindless droning about how perfect a deeply flawed album like Kid A is especially bitter considering Kid A is meant to challenge pretentious and narrow minded idiots, the same idiots that now worship this album and believe it to be the best record of all time (its not even a top 5 radiohead record, lmfao). It’s like how Kendrick Lamar’s Swimming Pools was meant to speak out against the dangers of alcoholism but has become a drinking game for white college kids wanting to take shots. Kid A has its moments but it’s pathetic to see such a medicore and hit-or-miss album be propped up as a classic and an industry standard. Especially when the average Kid A dicksucker will write reviews like this.

or this neckbeard who literally doesnt know english

Overall rating, 5/5. Even if Brent DiCrescenzo is a ostentatious faux-intellectual trite. Even if the neckbeards and the fake woke garbage have completely bastardized even the rare bright spots of this record. Don’t say I never do you any favors, sowing. It’s time to talk. Ill see you in my DM’s.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to HeavenBrand New The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me
Deftones OhmsTalking Heads Remain in Light
Rush RushThe Carters Everything Is Love

*crosses picket line*

this review is brought to you by RAYCON EAR BUDS! WE PROMISE THEYRE NOT SHIT!!!! THEYRE CHEAP BECAUSE THEY COST LESS !!1

anyways i had to do it to them. sowing if you delete this and force me to repost it in a list or edit my review it proves your a communist. MUSSOLI SEASON!!

*uncrosses picket line*

Joeman82
October 15th 2020

Over or under on this review getting taken down in three hours?

I say under.

zakalwe

Lovely

Pos’d

October 15th 2020

also you cant get mad that i posted a review, this was union approved review that my team of lawyers approved. ILL SEND IN THE BIGGLE BOYS ILL SEND IN THE SWAT SOWING I DEMAND AN ANSWER

October 15th 2020

ok whose joke idea was it to EDIT MY COMMENT!!!!

Minushuman24

Brave

Digging: Black Randy and the Metrosquad - Pass The Dust, I Think I'm Bowie

DocSportello
October 15th 2020

Well it's better than the shauryapatel review that's been up for 8 years. The optics of taking it down would give Jeff the upper hand

October 15th 2020

if they keep this review up

but delete mine, the mods would be fools.

Colton

The National Anthem is pretty bad I must admit

October 15th 2020

haters and neckbeards will neg.

Kompys2000

"*uncrosses picket line*"

Laughed embarrassingly loudly at that

Digging: Yellow Swans - At All Ends

Storm In A Teacup
October 15th 2020

is there anything actually wrong with communism, tho?

Digging: Envy - The Fallen Crimson

claygurnz

National Anthem rules bro

TheNotrap
October 15th 2020

What are the conditions to join the revolutionary movement, Jeffery?

Digging: Undeath - Lesions of a Different Kind

Storm In A Teacup

have discord, lmao

October 15th 2020

> What are the conditions to join the revolutionary movement, Jeffery?

no cap you can join. we want free speech on sput and ability to rate albums whatever we want. but check out the sputstituion 2 if you want to see our full demands.

TheNotrap

Gonna take a peek

Evok

Digging: The Who - Live In Hyde Park

October 15th 2020

> I fucking hate this album and I'll readily admit it to anyone. Almost tempted to pos this review.

considering the mods refuse to allow any kid a slander on this website, i had to disguise this review as a 5 so it can stay up long enough for people to hear our message. pos it so we can grow and show the mods that we are unified.

Ryus