Murgrind
The Power of Yourself

by Grumpy USER (17 Reviews)
May 21st, 2020 | 6 replies

Release Date: 05/04/2020 | Tracklist

I'm an escapist spirit, and I'm somewhat attracted to fantasy-inspired music, or at least, I prefer albums which may set me free from the grim and tiring reality. Dungeon synth music perfectly fills this purpose, and often offers some relief and relaxation to my mind.

As the album's description states, this short album was composed during the world scenario around March/May in this year, and as the title indicates, The Power of Yourself was made to offer the same effect as described above. And I was instantly hooked by the German composer, Murgrind's latest work. First of all, don't let the length of this release mislead you. During that 17 minutes long runtime, Murgrind masterfully captures certain moods and may fire up the listener's imagination. The most marvellous thing about The Power of Yourself is how it perfectly blends together different emotions and inspirations. Sometimes it sounds like an epic battle hymn, other times it brings a mysterious and sinister atmospheres into the overall picture... and so on. This seemingly effortless narrative makes this release a very exciting listen, which is really like a musical embodiment of a story filled with magic and adventures. And it is really easy to get into this feeling, due to the obvious neoclassical influences and a very cinematic sound, which is paired with an outstandingly great mixing and mastering. All in all, Murgrind's latest is a really inviting release, and it may have a great effect on the listener - similarly to the effect of some of the most well-known fantasy-inspired soundtracks, for example that of the Lord of The Rings trilogy.