Renounced
Theories Of Despair

by George browne USER (1 Reviews)
April 23rd, 2019 | 9 replies

Release Date: 2016 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Educational information about this album.

I can't say I would call myself a fan of the metalcore genre, but every now and then I stumble across an album like this which feels right. I was nominated for this and it is an honor, and my duty to express my feelings about this album in a detailed review.

This album is quite diverse in pacing, which is something that can possibly be common in post-hardcore, but I'm not sure. It's executed well here, and has a lot of consistent moments on here. The breakdowns are definitely something else. Props to the vocalist of this band for letting it all out for even a more inspired album in the current climate of the metalcore scene. The way the riffs are peformed are comparable, to me at least, only to nu-metal. There are barely any solos here, making the majority of the tracks riff-based, with frequenent slow transitions and bridges in the tracks; That add so much substance to the album. Definitely those soft moments are what help the tracks stand out. It isn't repetitive at all, and really sounds similar to black metal at times. I'm glad the musicians here aren't afraid to be instrumentally present with integrity and simultaneously have appeal to bottom of the barrel Nickelback loonies that like bands like Asking Alexandra and Breaking Benjamin.

The way the tracklist flows into each song is a nice feature, the guitarist of this band deserves an award for this album. Honestly, he brings all he has to the table and pushes it pretty far. The drums really call the shots on here, for example; Every time the drum pattern changes, the riff progressively gets more complex and involved with the track. The bass doesn't play much of a role here, but the bass-lines get pretty good on the second half of the album.

ktjammin
April 22nd 2019

This was my nomination! I’m glad you dug it. It’s cool to see someone who’s not familiar with the genre review an album like this. I really enjoyed reading your thoughts.

Digging: Full of Hell - Weeping Choir

WeepinnWillow
April 23rd 2019

not a bad review actually

Digging: Daniel Seven - Resonate

JS19
April 23rd 2019

*guitarist of this album deserves an award*

Its the dude from Employed to Serve fyi

Digging: Tim Hecker - Anoyo

JohnnyoftheWell
April 23rd 2019

Wooo nice speedy write-up good work!!

Digging: Ichiko Aoba - QP

accompliceofmydeath
April 23rd 2019

Band is sick. One of the earliest adopters of the early 00s style of metalcore.

Digging: Full of Hell - Weeping Choir

MotokoKusanagi
April 23rd 2019

yes this is such a good album. glad it got a review

SlicePaperMoog
April 23rd 2019

Been meaning to throw this one on sometime.

TheMightyScoop
April 24th 2019

this is the worst review on sput

Egarran