Arch Echo
Arch Echo

by TundraL5Z USER (10 Reviews)
November 24th, 2018 | 14 replies

Release Date: 2017 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Nashville quintet Arch Echo shows a lot of promise on debut self-titled record

Upon listening to this record, the vibrance is certainly undeniable as first track "Earthshine" displays exactly what these guys are all about with little time wasted. A lot of energy is displayed along with complex rhythm's and lots of technical playing, primarily from guitarist (Adam Rafowitz) and Keyboardist (Joey Izzo). Although drum, rhythm guitar, and bass chops are not too shabby either with Richie Martinez laying down some really funky rhythms in the drum department, as well as some rather impressive drum fills as well as great use of cymbals.

Although the record can sometimes be in your face, I would primarily describe this as a relaxed record, good for studying, perhaps reading, and a multitude of other examples. Tracks are very listenable as nothing gets too technical to the point where it is simply too much to take in, in this regard, the record is balanced.

Production is very crisp and clear as you can hear every kick drum and cymbal hit Richie lays down, although that's not to say substance is not to be had. Bass comes through nicely as it does not stay too prominent and sits just right in the mix.

Negative points I would give is that perhaps tracks blend together a fair bit and sometimes it's hard to distinguish one track from the other, and also may be in the rhythm department, there could be a little more going on between solo sections in which the rhythm and bass guitars are not at the forefront.

Notable tracks "Color Wheel", "Hip Dipper" and the second to last track "My Head Sometimes" are the best the album has to offer as there is a very abundant amount of things to enjoy about each of these tracks.

Overall this debut record is a very impressive endeavor from the quintet of talented musicians, although improvement could most certainly be had.

Sithu Aye HomeboundWide Eyes Paradoxica
Polyphia New Levels New DevilsErra Neon
Band-Maid World DominationLights Skin and Earth

9Hammer
November 24th 2018

Good review. I definitely agree on the point of the songs sounding a bit indistinguishable from one another. Despite that, I still enjoyed it.

Digging: Melt-Banana - Fetch

Thanks! much appreciated

Digging: Swallow the Sun - When A Shadow Is Forced Into The Light

November 24th 2018

Good review man. These guys deserve more exposure. Also, it always amuses me to see your comments on random youtube vids Tundra. xD

OwMySnauze

1906 Comments

Fun album to jam

Digging: Ghost Iris - Apple Of Discord

Storm In A Teacup

it's aite

November 25th 2018

Haven't heard much from these guys, but I thought they're a bit too wanky for me

Digging: Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Is Is

Hawks
November 25th 2018

Yea, my final legacy to this piece-of-shit site. This was one of my favourite sites of all time. I had a lot of different friends that shared the same music as I liked, but more and more assholes joined the site and my friends got banned or the simply quit visiting the site Feel free to create multiple user-accounts to flame me and this review. I don't fucking care anymore. I'm done with this site. God-like thanks to South_Of-Heaven_11, Shadows, Cravinov_13, Silent_Echo, BallsToTheWalls, Rattlehead and a few others. I hope that you will have a good life ahead of you, but this is my final farewell... Thank you Sputnik music for giving me the opportunity to discover new music and friends... metal will always stand tall m/ m/

Digging: Wicca Phase Springs Eternal - Suffer On

Good ridence :]

Panzerchrist
November 25th 2018

Good to see a review for this; and a well-written one to boot

Love the album, personally. Can't wait to see what's next for these guys.

Ay, thank ya mate!

"Also, it always amuses me to see your comments on random youtube vids Tundra"

Name one instance of this, I don't believe u >:[

November 25th 2018

I see them on all kinds of proggy and djenty shit. Seen them on a couple of reaction videos too. I mean, you have the same username for your youtube account so...

Oh :[