Condor (NO)
Unstoppable Power

Release Date: 2017 | Tracklist

Review Summary: "True maniacs"

My left nut has been tender for the last couple days. Hopefully I don’t have testicular cancer, because you need high levels of testosterone to appreciate Unstoppable Power. That’s not to say women can’t appreciate this. In fact, I think we should all chug testosterone hormones while jamming this, because no matter whether you have balls or a cunt, you’re going to need more to withstand this. Having that left nut would certainly help things, because Condor are ALWAYS in HARD mode. The band take their name from an Aura Noir song, and it’s obvious why.

The entire 36 minutes of this album are a pummeling blackened thrash nuclear assault, and speed is the law here. The song “Riders of Violence” has lyrical gems such as, “A strike of blasphemy is heading your way / All poser bastards will have to pay / Stabbing you, along with all your friends / We won't be satisfied until your life ends” and “You were tortured and killed by the warriors of thrash”. I think those words give you a good idea of what you’re in for. An insane amount of ideas are packed into these songs. There is no one dimensional riff writing here, only fairly one-dimensional tempos. But slowing down to add some variety might have been a detriment to the record rather than an enhancement. The off-the-wall songwriting maintains an unbelievable amount of energy throughout, and part of the album’s charm is the pure aggression and unrelenting war it wages on your ears.

I’ll end this review with a quote from their guitarist, Maggressor: “To me it seems that the age of modern party ‘thrash’ is over with. The people that were into that bullshit have moved on, and only the true maniacs are left—the ones that know that thrash is more than just a fast drum beat and distorted guitars. There is no point in playing extreme music if it does not sound extreme. Overproduced and polished thrash metal just doesn’t make any sense to me. Thrash metal is evil, violent, fast, and dirty.”

Slightly elitist in tone? It does come off that way. That doesn't change the fact that Unstoppable Power is still fun as shit.

fucks.

Digging: Defeated Sanity - The Sanguinary Impetus

October 23rd 2018

This review got me hard!

brainmelter
October 23rd 2018

I’m not hard rn but I probably will be later 😌

pos’d album rules

Spicy, will look

Digging: Odraza - Rzeczom

south_of_heaven 11
October 23rd 2018

This album rips. Jammed so hard to it when it first came out, gonna go back.

October 23rd 2018

This just ripped out the tampon from my vagina. God damn!

October 23rd 2018

that quotation/question mark bug is really sticking its dick in my craw.

nice balls, it seems that...YOU WERE EMBRACED BY THE EVIL

October 23rd 2018

Here’s what I’m going to do. I’m gonna cut off one of my balls, deep fry it and pour some Franks Red Hot on it to eat next time I hear this record.

Satan would be proud m/

Dewinged

19639 Comments

I just grew hair chest reading this review, goddamn! Will condor

Digging: Cressida - Cressida

RippingCorpse1986
October 24th 2018

Dude this quote is m/ as fuck. Couldn't agree more with it.

I hate how nobody mentions Aura Noir in old school thrash discussions, or these guys (or Witchery) in new school thrash discussions. Both of them are so fucking awesome imo.

Good job with the review.

October 24th 2018

Thanks babes. Aura Noir are awesome. I havent heard of Witchery though, ill have to check them out. Im in the mood for that blackened thrash shit right now. Check out Slutvomit as well if y'all havent.

Casavir
October 24th 2018

I was surprised to learn that these guys were Norwegian initially. Figured the years of good Norwegian black/thrash were over.

RippingCorpse1986
October 24th 2018

Yeah you may dig In His Infernal Majesty's Service, I think it's by far their best album and one of my favorite modern thrash records.

Deathhammer is another cool thrash metal band from Norway imo. Been meaning to make a write-up for their new album Chained to Hell. Don't know Slutvomit though, gonna check.

Voivod
October 24th 2018

Great band, of the same caliber with their compatriots Infant Death.

Digging: Muspellzheimr - Muspellzheimr

October 24th 2018

never heard of Infant Death either, but based on what im hearing right now, they are exactly the type of filth i am in the mood for right now m/ that solo on Stoned to Death, fukk.

October 26th 2018

how the fuck does Infant Death have a total of one fucking vote??

parksungjoon