Darkeater
Что помнит лес

by "The Probably Literally Varg Vikernes" USER (8 Reviews)
January 5th, 2018 | 2 replies

Release Date: 2017 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Felt like a dream.

I have been dreaming...

"From the distance... a light fluent melody called me, and I gave way to the calling.
As I approached, a huge distorted noise and screams from the distance shook me - but the melody still called me. And I went furhter.
The clamour embraced me and I felt filled with it. I'd have been disrelished, but somehow all of this felt... harmonic. It was complex: dark and light - heavy and unbelivably easy at the same time... the melody called me again, and carried me further. The whole mystic journey felt rhapsodic - sometimes fluent and wonderfully easy, and suddenly I felt I fell in to the abyss... but the melody still called me, and my curiosity said I should experience more...
This is how I came along for a while, my thoughts were in a whirl, but still listening. And almost suddenly: silence. As I woke up, the only sentiment I felt was just: I want to dream again."

'Что помнит лес' is a great album. Every song felt very well composed, and filled with passion.
Wonderfully executed keyboard parts, quite good guitar work and the distant vocals were just right to create its' dreamy mysterious atmosphere.
I can't wait for their next release!

Satanic Warmaster NachzehrerMetallica Jump in the Fire
Wormsblood Bounds BeatenDarkthrone Hate Them
Mayhem PsywarSaturne I

TheSpaceMan
January 5th 2018

pos'd

ScuroFantasma
January 6th 2018

I like that you dig this, however this write-up is lacking a lot of info for a review. Concept reviews are sweet and this kind of music definitely lends itself to them but I feel like this is really short and doesn't impart much info. That said I'll def need to check this, only heard Иней чёрного рассветa by these guys, and I liked it but it didn't do too much for me. Felt a bit like a less impressive early Oak Pantheon to me, hopefully this is a little more distinct.

Digging: Count Shirintsu - Spirit of the Earth