21 Savage, Offset and Metro Boomin
Without Warning

by SLStyles USER (1 Reviews)
November 11th, 2017 | 37 replies

Release Date: 2017 | Tracklist

Review Summary: One of the best trap albums of the year.

21 Savage quickly rose to fame, coming out in 2015 with a couple mix tapes that provided him modest success in his home town of Atlanta. He stands out from the ATL trap scene by no t having his voice auto tuned, which can be refreshing if you aren't really into the auto tuned style of rap. His first album ISSA which came out this year, hit the charts immediately, improving on this signature style. Now collaboration projects have been hitting the charts quite frequently, for example; Future & Drake, 2 Chainz & Lil' Wayne, Future & Young Thug, all which hit the charts and had great success. So 21 decided to team up with Offset from the rap trio Migos, and probably the most well known producer in trap rap today, Metro Boomin', to release their own collaboration tape.

Both 21 and Offset bounce off each other with ease. Offset's voice perfectly matches with 21’s slow, mono tuned flow. With all this new mumble rap coming out with words being hard to understand, it's nice to hear the lyrics have correct pronunciation and easier on the ears. Sometimes a couple guests while show up on a few tracks, but most of them fit the song well enough to not make them a burden.

What I like the most about this 33 minute record is that it’s an album you can listen to it front to back with no real complaints. Everything song has highlight moments, mine being “Ghostface Killers” “Raped Save Me" “Nightmare and “Mad Stalkers”. They all have similar vibes which is great. There’s no real low point of the album, and it’s very refreshing to hear a record this good from a massively hated genre, from 2 solid rappers in the scene with one of the kings of the trap beat.

This year (for the most part) has been one of the worst for rap. But from front to back, this is one of the most consistent rap releases of the year. The highlight of this record for me is 21. Offset is doing well in his group Migos, but Savage is definitely the standout of this tape. If he keeps this roller coaster going, he will have great success. 21 Savage has arrived, and he isn’t going anywhere.

November 11th 2017

First review in 10 years since I was 14, always appreciate feedback. Stoked to be back! Just under new profile (:

pjorn
November 11th 2017

"He quickly blew up in Atlanta, as he stands out in the ATL trap sceme "

misspelled scene.

"unlike these other trap rappers who most of the time talk about…….well you know."

no i don't know.

"He will still through in some booties and ho jokes, **** jokes and etc."

throw*, you don't need the 'and' in front of 'etc', the second use of jokes is redundant, could be re-written.

"But it not often distracts"

improper syntax.

"His first album IMMA,"

That's not the name of the album.

You use a lot of commas my man, I'm not gonna go through the entire review, but this is littered with tons of grammar mistakes and overall is pretty poorly written. Proofread your stuff.

November 11th 2017

sachel is gonna flip when he sees that summary lol

November 11th 2017

Thanks man, I did it pretty quick so i'll go through it and fix it.

pjorn
November 11th 2017

no worries, just open it up in google docs or something where you can check some of the spelling and grammar stuff.

kingdedethefifth
November 11th 2017

That is an incredibly angry dog

November 11th 2017

K I edited it. If you see anything else, please let me know. I tried to delete as many commas as I could. Haven't written anything since I was 14, so yeah....lol

November 11th 2017

should've kept the original summary bruh.

don't be pussy footin on account of me

November 11th 2017

"What I like probably the most album this 33 minute record "

this needs rearranging

November 11th 2017

I forgot about some other albums that are up there with this album, so i decided to change it. Happens when a comment refreshes your brain.

November 11th 2017

Fixed it. Thanks for helping bruh!

November 11th 2017

"this is the best rap album from the trap filled year"

trap-filled would have a hyphen, but tbh i don't think 'trap-filled year' sounds good. might want to come up with a different adjective or just axe it entirely

ya np

kingdedethefifth

Man I wish I was into trap more

you need more exposure

November 11th 2017

K fixed that last part. kingdedethefilth, their really is some decent trap albums out there. It took a while to grow on me, but I dig it now.

Drifter

🔥

November 11th 2017

JesseLacey, can't you explain a bit more? I might be kind of biased coming from a trap fan, but the review was meant to be pretty basic. And I don't know what you mean by roughshod, lol. Like I said, I haven't written ANYTHING of this sort since 14 (I did DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince first album review, but I took hours to write that). I appreciate the comment though!

November 11th 2017

I disagree with it being trash, but that's my opinion. And most of the modern big trap artists from Atlanta are using auto-tune so I also disagree with that. And watch his interviews, he does talk about certain shit from his life in certain songs, just in metaphors and what not. But i'll get better as I go, so thank you!

minimus123
November 11th 2017

Yo don't call it dumb just cos you disagree with it, not cool.

Good to see this thing get reviewed tho. My main suggestion would be not to go too hardcore with the intro background info, especially as you mainky wrote about 21 despite this being a group ting.

Sounds like you're eager to get better so will be interested with what you have in the future