This was my first Sunn 0))) album and their third album and is so far my favorite. It is sort of an turning point for Sunn 0))), showing them progressing to more "progressive" territory that is exibited on their next two albums White1 and White2, from the Superslow, pucusionless riffage. they still are riffing away just as slow and deep and heavy and Droney as the first two albums. i'll go trak by trak:
1. Mocking Solemnity: good peice, a lot like the first two albums. the inro where the sound grows gradually feels like the cover, like a giant, fat, lumbering dragon that is like Sunn 0)))'s musik. Good song.
2. Death Becomes You: Great, My favorite song on the album. it starts strait from the end of Mocking Solemnity without a break. just a droning riff with a few fillers, but at speeds this slow it's hard to tell. the song is very fat with distortion, but near the end one of the guitars just stops and the other goes on for another minute or too, that part is more hollow sounding. Wonderful, and ing the words of Alex in A Clockwork Orange, real Horrorshow.
3. 0))) Bow I: This song is a Sunn 0))) song that has been remixed by noisegod Merzbow. Sort of cool untill with a spiraling fuzzy guitar riff and some statik from Merzbow. Reel Good untill he adds some sound clips from a badly played, out of tune piano or something. nothing pisses me off more than when I'm listening to this song all mello and *** and i hear this awfull "Bung-Cing Bung-Ching Bung-ching" that ruins it. it's a fukin sin
4. 0))) Bow II: Same as 0))) Bow II just longer. both are good songs before and after the piano just ruins it
5. F.W.T.B.T.: It standes For Whom The Bell Tolls, and is a Metallica cover. That was a real big suprise to me, i only found out from the Wikipedia article on Sunn 0))), so it might not be, it's really hard to tell that slow. It exipits some thing revolutionary vo-kills and (gasp) Drums. it starts out with a simmilar growning sound like in Mocking Solemnity and then a bell comes in like the Metallic a verson then after a while the guitars are just droning and standing there and this gritty, reel mechanical drumming comes in and repeats a couple times and then it stops and the guitars have this really cool riff and then theis blak Metal vokals comes in that sound mor like air russing out from something really big and hollow than a human. I think it is Attilla Csishar, but i don't know. good song and great album.