Review Summary: LIVE AND ONGOING: UFO hovers in the skies of Montreal city and plays peculiar music.ANNIE
- Greetings. A UFO is currently stationed in the crystal-clear skies of Montreal downtown. It has been almost two hours since its arrival. One of our reporters is ready to tell us more about this extraordinary event. Back to you, Eloriaz.
- Thank you, Annie. Yes, this is very unexpected. Montreal downtown is completely jampacked at the moment. As you can see on the camera, the UFO is gigantic and quite colourful. What's even more interesting is that it resembles more an orb than a flying saucer. A lot of people have been thinking of an hoax or a prank, but the UFO seems to hold technology unknown to us. It really is unlike anything I've ever seen, that I can tell you. Helicopters can't approach it, like there's a magnetic force or something. Everyone around me is pretty excited about this event rather than scared, and for a good reason: I don't know if someone told you already, but the UFO has played music!
- That's right, Annie. It has been playing its own music
for an hour or so. *he laughs*
I guessed this was electronic music, at least in terms of human categorization. I don't know what kind of speakers were blasting the sounds but they were penetrating like no others. Fortunately, our team and myself have taken notes about the six different tracks played by the UFO. I will tell you more about each of them.
- We are eager to know!
- Well, first and foremost, what I can safely say about this UFO's music is that it mixes very contrasting elements. Most of them are other-worldly, obviously. A lot of the sounds we have heard evoke some diamonds and minerals one couldn't find on Earth. Sometimes I felt like I was walking in a garden of gems, like some tourist at the Louvre Museum who discovers painters he wasn't aware of. You know what I mean" Many sections sounded liquid and smooth, but captured from another environment than the ones we know. However, there were undeniably human elements too! Our electronic music loves to play with samples - well, as it turns out, the very same UFO you see on camera did offer us a load of samples of all kinds! Some of them were pretty loud - I recall one that sounded like a moving train or even a roller coaster - while others were plain humorous. But here's the thing: how did the UFO get those, if its travellers are no less than extraterrestrials" There's something remarkable happening right now
to the world we know, Annie. It's as if the UFO music was a symbol of that. Of course, everything was recorded and everyone will have a chance to hear what the UFO produced.
- Incredible. Tell us more, Eloriaz.
- Believe it or not, such music made people dance for long minutes in distinct intervals. A dance UFO, who would have thought" As you know, basslines are important musical aspects in order to make humans dance. They are meat and bones for dance music. Well, the basslines thrown at us by that UFO made our bodies vibrate and must have been drawn from intergalactic house and dub. When the people in Montreal heard them, everyone just suddenly started to dance and laugh. Not a single soul was still. Those huge basslines gave us oxygen! Now, let me tell you a bit about each of the "UFO tracks".
The first track we heard was both awe-inspiring and very mysterious. It created its own atmosphere. Honestly, it would have perfectly suited the coming of the UFO. I recall many sounds being placed on top of each other until they reached a climax. They were all luminous and immaculate, supported by subtle beats. I heard someone said it felt like an "Out Of Body Experience" and I kind of agree. At the end of the track, the whole melody disappeared - all we could hear was the impressive UFO hovering on Montreal... and little samples or electronic bits. One of the samples sounded like billiard balls!
A few seconds later, the second track began playing. It started out sweet and smooth and fluid. But at one point we heard a bizarre Russian sample and then... it exploded. House beats came along with a bassline you could not resist to and a pumping soundscape. As for the UFO, it stayed in the same position in the sky, apparently without a care or a worry in the world.
The third track was the lengthiest and had two halves. The first was all the way ambient and very detailed. It gave me the impression of a big and lush aquarium where colours and sounds flourish, something that submerged us in no time. I sat on a bench and tried to decipher its numerous textures and dynamic elements. It wasn't always all peaceful though - occasionally we heard some alarm samples go off. Then it evolved into the second half and once again, an electrifying bassline made a new atmospheric dancefloor out of Montreal. Blue sparks burst out of the UFO until the music became all-ambient once more at the end.
The fourth track was the most "human" of all, so to speak. The first thing we heard was a weird and funny sample from a phone call prank done by Victor Lewis-Smith. After that, the music reminded me of a scene in Steven Spielberg's sci-fi movie, Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- you know the one in the "secret base" where the men are preparing the runway for the imminent UFOs" The track featured an harmonica and a dubby rhythm that kept people very active on their feet! During that time I felt that the UFO was trying to connect with us.
However, the fifth track was darker. But it was also awesome, if I may. People in the city kept dancing because nothing else mattered. This time, the bassline was a constantly growing, bold and swirling entity. We most certainly connected with the UFO. The music evoked urgency and tremendous things. When the beats stopped, we were left with what sounded like mystic chanting. As for myself, I figured a secret ritual in the heart of a pyramid.
The last track came along as brighter. In the same vein as its predecessors, it featured a spellbinding rhythm and a prominent bassline. Little flute-like melodies were scattered over it also. Finally, the music left us with the sound of a cavernous and deep stream. Over its flow we heard what I pictured as toothpaste taken out of a roller. It was fabulous! It ended on such an open and abyssal "note". And that's pretty much all I can say so far about it, Annie. I can't wait to hear all of that one more time because we must have missed plenty of details. But let's get back to the UFO. It's still there for sure!
- Thank you, Eloriaz. We look forward to hear more about this ongoing event. I wish I could be there myself!