Logos stream debut album2013-11-11 by Voivod STAFF | 3 Comments
|Logos, the alias of London based electronic music producer James Parker, is streaming his debut album, Cold Mission, over at Pitchfork.|
According to Parker, the inspiration for the album came from "nostalgia for pirate radio grime and the sense of loss I feel for that period. I'm interested in tracing the links between classic Metalheadz productions and early grime, especially the more angular stuff Slimzee played, but integrated in to a roughly 130 BPM club context. The title Cold Mission is a nod to 4Hero and that whole era of London retro futuristic music. It's also a reference to Digital's "Special Mission" and "Mission Accomplished".
The album will be released on November 19 through Keysound Recordings.
You can stream the album right here: http://pitchfork.com/advance/288-cold-mission/
Good stuff, the cold and "open" ambient landscapes is where this album is, I wish there were more of them. As for the dubstep parts, they are okay.
Common gripe, but his stuff works better in short form
• R.I.P. Chester Bennington
• Jesse Lacey Allegations
• Brand new Brand New record
• Black Malachite calls it quits
• Glassjaw - Material Control info
• The Old Taylor is Dead
• Lil Peep Dead At 21
• RIP Tom Petty
• Converge Release New Single
• Decapitated accused of rape
• Decemberists Do Hamilton
• Everyone leaves Ektomorf
• New Watain Song
• Sonic Forces Are In Danger
• Another Tonight Alive single
• LAST CALL: Your Top 50 of 2017
• Monads introduce debut LP
• Red Vox release Another Light
• Wrathblade stream sophomore LP
• Dope af Twice video
• The Cure celebrate 4 decades
• New Runaway Brother Album
• Warrel Dane dead at age 56
• Nine Inch Nails rehearsal music v..
• Master Boot Record VirtuaVerse OST
» see all news