News Articles 64
Band Edits + Tags 836
Album Edits 1,038
Album Ratings 2726
Last Active 01-01-70 12:00 am
Review Comments 7,653
|garas's 5th sputversary: things I've learnt|
Hello there! Today is a special day, since according to my profile info I created my account on this very day, five years ago. I don't know how should I celebrate this day, but I definitely wanted to make a list about it, so I decided I'll compile a few facts and thoughts here about these years - the good and the not-so-good things.
Uinuos Syömein Sota
THE GOOD (1): Facts
- 2552 album ratings, 54 reviews, 1,184 soundoffs, 61 news articles, 798 band edits and tags, 1001 album edits and 7335 comments at the moment. I think I could add something to the site!
- I was blessed with the Contributor title in 2020, and that means a lot to me. I'm not a native English speaker, and I always doubted if I could be a good writer, but there were people who believed in me. I hope at least a few of you enjoy(ed) my writings.
- My most visited review is Uinuos Syömein Sota by Havukruunu with more than 23k views at the moment - that's almost like the population of my hometown! It's a mind-blowing fact to me.
- I really like the soundoff feature, it helps me a lot to remember to what I've listened earlier. It's bit like a journal.
THE GOOD (2): Personal
- The userbase is generally very entertaining, and I really enjoy spending time here (when I have some free time to burn).
- I became part of the famous Casual Convo and met lots of wonderful people (I'm sorry about my absence lately). I can honestly name many of them as my true friends even though we have never met in real life. Just to name some of them: Bedex, budgie, Pangea, Egarran, Trifolium, DDDeftoneDDD...! Thank you.
- I discovered so many bands and albums on the site... thanks for all the recommendations through the years. Keep 'em coming!
Portal Of Sorrow
- Sometimes I feel I'm in the internet archive! The "retro" shape of sput has a certain charm, but sometimes it can be a bit annoying, haha!
- Of course I said things I'm not proud of, and I accept that some users can't stand me. I'm sorry for not being able to get along well with some of you.
- Basically most people find my taste in music abysmal + and I'm quite alone with my adoration of many bands...
- I don't get "American culture".
- The trolls. (DUH)
- Contribs don't have the power of decimal rating.
- Best New Music. (Okay, not always...!)
|Fortunately, I have more positive things to say.|
|love you bro miss u bro < 3 < 3|
|Gratulálunk garas - you are the dark heart of Sputnik. Never change indeed.|
And one must have enemies to be complete (well, except Trif).
|"I don't get American culture."|
As someone who was born and raised in an alpine shithole and almost got shot at the Chicago Airport two months ago, I think I can agree with you lol.
|Lots of happy grumpiness to you garas, yippee!!!! |
Also Egarran that's true there isn't even one (yet...(?)).
|Wishing you congrats and dungeon synth.|
|A fellow synths in metal appreciator!|
|Oh damn 5 years! Happy sputversary|
|I always did wonder how accurate the views counter was. Like my one review is for an EP that nobody knows and has one rating (mine) and yet it has almost 2000 clicks. Weird.|
|That's not to say yours isn't well-deserved though.|
|Happy sputversary garas! You're a credit to all the unwashed metalheads this site attracts ;p|
Also The "views" count is literally just measuring hits, if you go to a review page and then reload it you will see the view count go up by 1.
|garas! my fave contributor on Sputnik! Here's to five more years o/|
I actually kinda dig the old school design of this site, it feels like a forum from back in the day before all this web 2.0 / 3.0 stuff.
|Only the "bullies" are the ones that can't stand you, unless it is like an extreme coincidence|
|Love how scientific this list is presented.|
|Omg, these 'new' bumps 🖤|
I kinda needed to see them on this fucking awful day.
|congrats man, keep doing what you do!! glad to have you here and on the discords m/ I had missed this but this is an enormously comfy thread, hope yer day is better now!|