View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #740
Xomblies
Banned

sad but true, you got the right headphones for mixing, stick with em

moseph, you can't really argue with the assumption that someone who likes expensive gear is going to pass and go straight to a multi in, interface. there is a reason to have both no matter how "big" you go... and if you buy quality gear from the beginning, you won't find yourself with a bunch of useless gear down the line, rather, awesome gear that you can still use to aid your production. For example, you could have a co engineer edit guitar tracks while you're tracking bass, you could slave the duet to your main interface as a DI and save some of your other tracks for live channels while still maintaining audio integrity. I could go on but i think you get the idea

and come on the 90's? that's your argument?? i can guarantee that those recordings (whatever they may be) that sound so good eventually went through something nice when they were mixed like an api, neve or ssl console. Another thing... a lot of recordings from the 90's sounded like dogshit on a stick still hot from bitch anus; the ones that sounded rad like RATM, STP, Soundgarden etc were recorded on quality gear...

i'm not sure what you're trying to argue here but god damnit moseph, stop telling people to get shitty gear