Thread: Rules
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2004, 12:43 PM   #3
Zappa
Tatiana Ali!

Rules

This is a first draft of my rules for the jazz forum. It includes parts of the rules Birds of Fire suggested when we had no moderation, and some of my own personal touches.

Do:
-Remember that the people who read this forum are interested in jazz and funk music. This means that they are typically interested in threads about George Clinton or Miles Davis, to name a few. Please keep this in mind when starting a thread, and try to make sure that the thread you are posting would interest jazz and funk fans more than rock and metal, alternative, or “other� forum readers.

-Try to find other suggestion threads before posting new ones. If none of them cover what you are looking for, then it’s time to start one of your own. The jazz/funk suggestion thread is nice, but I see it as sort of a place for people to suggest things that they like, rather than suggest things to fit a certain question that another member has. If you're looking for a suggestion that is specific, post a thread. Otherwise, check out the Jazz/Funk Suggestion thread.

-Strive to use proper grammar and spelling.

-Share any cool findings or interesting stories that you have involving your experiences with learning jazz. Many of us are new to the jazz performance world, and we all come across neat tricks that we find practicing, and many of us are always find new records that really inspire us. These are great things to start threads about.

Do NOT:
-Post in a thread to say that you have no interest in the topic. This includes Chili Peppers and Incubus threads, which are allowed. If no one has interest in them, and everyone follows this rule, they will simply sink to the bottom.

-Make derogatory comments directed at race, religion, sexual preference, etc. Basicially any "-ism" or "-phobic" comments. Violation of this rule will result in a ban.

-Flame any other poster. This includes over-zealous and extreme bashing of another member's opinion. Mild/Funny flaming is okay, though. I trust you to make the distinction.

-Do the opposite of any of the points listed in the “do� column.

This forum has run pretty smooth while it was modless, so I trust that you guys can behave yourselves. If there are any questions or suggestions for rules or threads to be closed, you can always drop me a line on AIM.

Last edited by Zappa; 07-22-2004 at 12:49 PM.