View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #16365
Spaceman Spiff
Hail to the king, baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingCouch View Post
You know it, buddy. Still doing security at nights?

a la SMZ eh? sounds like it'll be real intense. What are you looking at instrument-wise and will you be singing too?

Sucks to hear the aitch is gone. What went down exactly?

I just dropped my girl off at the airport, she's going back out on her three-week shift and I'm back at the office jumpin' into things. Going to see Big Wreck in Edmonton on Friday and I'm stoked for that.

Also, Calgary police called me yesterday - they found my Mexi Jazz Bass and my Stratocaster. Whoops... anyone want to buy a brand new American Deluxe Jazz?!? hahah

She's the absolute best though, even though we dropped like two-plus grand on instruments she was so excited to hear two of my three instruments have come back.

So all in all, I guess things are going pretty smooth.
After seeing them live, SMZ instantly became one of my favorite bands. I would love to make music that powerful, so that's the aim. I'm starting to sing and intend to do as much as I can vocally.

Instrumentally, right now we're two guitars and a piano, with some switching to synth, glockenspiel, and kalimba. We're obviously still looking for a bassist and a drummer, and trying to get a violinist. A cellist would be awesome, but who knows about finding someone that plays cello...

As far as Capital H is concerned, it ended when we had a few good shows booked and our drummer said to cancel them because he didn't want to play. And we didn't play again after that, which was about a year ago. But that doesn't really matter anymore because I'm so stoked about what we're doing now.

Oh, and I'm now working security during the days. Mon-Fri 8am-4pm.

That's awesome that you're getting most of your stuff back.