Thread: Metalcore
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 02:02 PM   #56
CalicoJane

I don't really know what metalcore is. But bands I've heard described as metalcore that i like include Caliban pretty much one of the forefathers of the genre I've been told [they're like a German Killswitch Engage, but heavier and unlike KE they knock out some amazing songs]. From Autum to Ashes are a big favourite but as someone mentioned they're more 'post-hardcore' [I don't really know what that is either to be honest]. I never could stand Underoath but recently listened to Define the Great Line again and I am hooked, just superb music. Bring Me The Horizon are quite good, clearly influenced by death metal. Sound similar to The Black Dahlia Murder but more brutal at times. I like bits and pieces by 36 Crazy Fists and As I Lay Dying but haven't devoted an awful lot of time to listening to them. Between the Buried have some incredible songs. Poison the Well obviously, althought I'd argue their first album is more straight up hardcore than metalcore. Everything since has been much more melodic and experimental. I also like It Dies Today even if they're percieved as a cheap imitation band by many. I can't stand Botch. They come across as an influential band who every 'cool' kid has heard their favourite metalcore, hardcore bands quote them as an influence and have decided they like them. I think they are severely lacking in the inability to write a good song. If you want mathmetal check out Mudyavne [joking]. Althought at least Mudvayne can write the odd memorable song.